Champions League Final 2009: FC Barcelona vs ManUtd: Champions of Europe!

United

I'm confident. We're a stronger all round team. You have to agree?

This is football, you can't be sure of anything.

About the team, I don't think we're that much stronger than them. But their suspensions have given us the edge and we're probably the favorites.

maz

I walk the line
Maz.... I stopped reading your post when i didn't see Ronaldo in your team. Most biased post I've possibly ever seen :wacko:

So quite near the end. Im honoured :wub:

The problem with putting ronaldo in is that it means you have to replace one of henry, messi, iniesta, rooney.

Now i think henry needs to be in there because he is the best finisher. Also i dont like playing ronaldo down the centre.

Also, like i said i didnt pick the best player in each position. I chose a balanced team. Having 6 forwards wont work. It hasnt worked for about 50 years. I obviously wouldnt replace messi with ronaldo, (nor would i put ronaldo on the right and put messi into xavi's position..xavi is probably the most important player of that team). Ronaldo for iniesta is debatable...this is where my bias comes into it. I would rather iniesta than ronaldo. Iniesta makes more out of tight spaces than ronaldo does. Ronaldo needs space to work. Iniesta can dribble past 3 players that practically man-handle him..whereas ronaldo would have gone down by the first tackle.

Finally ronaldo vs rooney...rooney wins it because his workrate is important to the 3-4-3. Of course having rooney as a wingback is almost impossible, but having evra there means rooney is not in the team, and i think rooney is a great player and his talent/workrate means he deserves a place.

Warik

Not much point in these Barca/United fantasy teams really.

Having said that, I'm curious to know who would pick if you were to pick a player from United to play for Barca?

I'd pick Leo Messi for us. No surprises really.

Messi and Ronaldo on either wings would make us unstoppable.

Rooney or Tevez. One of those two. Rooney is probably the more gifted but I think Tevez would blend in alot quicker.

maz

I walk the line
Without a doubt. Thats also how i did my team...i picked players that would sure up the fcb side, while keeping it balanced. Im a culé, im allowed to do that!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
from united it'd be vidic or evra.

probably evra as there are other great CB's but no LB is on pat's level. and he seems like a really great guy to have around the squad. very funny, light-hearted, good for morale. plus he has 25 siblings!

Warik

Shit his parents must of been at it like rabbits.

The only marriage on this earth that involves more sex and not less.

MUFC-Ireland

I am confident United will win. Barcas defence is absolutely shocking. Valdes is also a bad keeper. I am confident that Rio and Vida will eat up anything Barca can throw at us. They are the 2 best centre backs in the world. Meanwhile, Ronney Ronaldo and co. will tear Barca apart on the counter. Pique is the only good defender Barca have. Puyol can be good but is prone to mistakes.

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
Dammit, I'm getting so tired of you arrogant pricks.

Arrogant? :lmao: if anybody is arrogant it is you lot :thumbdown:

im not trying to start trouble here mate but if i went through our best possible starting 11 and yer best starting eleven in only 2 positions would ye win and that would be Xavi and Inesita the rest we would all have better quality players...Alves is a crock of shit dfesivly and ye rate him as the best right back in the world?:lamo:

we have every reason to be confident anyway as it will come down to which defense holds out better IMO and our defense is better by a far distance!you have a united reject as your best CB:lmao:

it will be a good game probably one of the best in history and were odds on to win it agian with your suspensions and injury troubles its just common sense

Heath Newton

from united it'd be vidic or evra.

probably evra as there are other great CB's but no LB is on pat's level. and he seems like a really great guy to have around the squad. very funny, light-hearted, good for morale. plus he has 25 siblings!

gotta say i agree with you about pat,there's a lot of love for him amongst united fans,and it's reciprocated. :worthy:
his interviews are brilliant,honest,funny and he never comes across as anything other than a top top bloke.

Warik

Dammit, I'm getting so tired of you arrogant pricks.

Come on man, chin up...Or just do as I do and count to 10 and ignore it. There is alot one could get angry about but why let the jibes get to you? it isn't worth it.

Home of Barca Fans