Champions League Final 2009: FC Barcelona vs ManUtd: Champions of Europe!

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
I want Henry to make it like everyone, if anyone wants to lift that trophy it's him, though if Henry can't make it *touch wood* i would rather Bojan play than Iniesta pushing up to fill in for Henry and Keita comming on. I think keeping our strongest midfield is the most important thing for the final. Iniesta, Xavi and Yaya in the center.

Bojan may be young, his finishing isn't the best went not playing much and he isn't as physically strong as Henry, but his crossing is suprisingly good, he's got great feet and could give O'Shea plenty of trouble. I think he could really impress.

Last edited:
V

VaVaVoom

ha,ha..will try holdin' you up gazza, although it may be hard.

Berbatov. ha,ha.:D

these Manc's are exciting, they should stay until 28th May..:D

We'll be here just for you :p
And don't worry, i won't rub your noses in it when we beat you guys:D

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
A colleague (Man Utd fan) and I have been sending emails back and forth to see what a merged Barcelona and Man Utd first team would like. Completely uninteresting for you guys possibly but we came up with a 4-2-3-1 formation. I don't think it would do that well in a game, but anyway:

---------------- Van der Sar ------------------

Alves ------- Rio ---------- Vidic -------- Evra

------------ Xavi --------- Carrick -------------

Ronaldo ---------- Messi -------------- Iniesta

------------------- Rooney ---------------------

We were kind of 50/50 with Fletcher and Carrick, I wanted Fletcher, he wanted Carrick or Toure...same with up top, I wanted Eto'o he wanted Rooney. Everything else was easy though.
id go for...

--------------------------VDS-----------------------

Brown/Alves------Rio------------Vida-------------EVra

------------------Xavi-----------------Inesta--------

Ronaldo-------------------Rooney---------------Messi

----------------------Eto'o---------------------------

im undecided about Brown and Alves TBH i don't rate Alves that highly as a defender so Brown would probably get the nod the rest of the team picks itself really!

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
id go for...
--------------------------VDS-----------------------
Brown/Alves------Rio------------Vida-------------EVra
------------------Xavi-----------------Inesta--------
Ronaldo-------------------Rooney---------------Messi
----------------------Eto'o---------------------------
im undecided about Brown and Alves TBH i don't rate Alves that highly as a defender so Brown would probably get the nod the rest of the team picks itself really!
Rooney as #10?

V

VaVaVoom

Rooney as #10?

You do know Rooney isn't a lone striker. ^^^

He's perfect in the role Canto has him in...... my only worry Canto is no holding midfielder.

But I'd have Rooney feeding Eto'o like you have there;)

Canto

Johan Dalin part II
Rooney as #10?

yeah i think he would really excell there mate he is at his best when running at a defense from deep and either realising a team mate or else having a pop at goal when he plays there and plays well he is near unstoppable

United

Not much point in these Barca/United fantasy teams really.

Having said that, I'm curious to know who would pick if you were to pick a player from United to play for Barca?

I'd pick Leo Messi for us. No surprises really.

Messi and Ronaldo on either wings would make us unstoppable.

Last edited:

maz

I walk the line
Yeah know what your saying Meta just wondering if it's mind games !
Iniesta is much more of a threat in the middle than out wide.
What do you think about Eto'o out wide and Bojan in the centre ?
Its not mind games at all. Like i said earlier pep hasnt done anything this season to make us think he plays mind games. The chelsea game was the obvious choice for him to play mind games, but we played the game pep said we would play, and henry, who was a 'doubt' before the game, didnt play.

Pep is a completely honest manager, and doesnt play his cards close to his chest. Perhaps thats one of his downsides..he doesnt mix things up and keep the opposition guessing. He'll play the same team, make the same subs, use the same system etc.

Eto'o out wide and bojan in the centre for the CL Final? Mmm...no thanks! Although eto'o out wide and henry in the centre? Perhaps...

As for the hybrid team (great idea warik!), its fucking hard. There are some players you just cant leave out. I would do a 3-4-3 (not that it would ever work!)

----------------valdés---------------

-----piqué------vidic--------rio------

-----------touré-----xavi------------
alves--------------------------rooney

messi--------------------------iniesta
----------------henry----------------

I didnt pick the best player in each position, but the team that would balance out. Xavi is better than carrick and with rooney on the left it would allow xavi to advance rather than having to dominate the midfield with touré. Henry is the best finisher at the moment, and playing down the middle doesnt have to worry about the opposition leaving space on the left.

The only problem is not having a left footed player on the left. And of course that the 3-4-3 sucks.

V

VaVaVoom

Maz.... I stopped reading your post when i didn't see Ronaldo in your team. Most biased post I've possibly ever seen :wacko:

Home of Barca Fans