Champions League Semi Final: Liverpool - FC Barcelona 4-3 agg.

PhilS

Line-up for away match:

ter stegen
semedo - pique - lenglet - alba
roberto - rakitic- sergio - vidal
messi- suarez

That's the lineup I predict, though Arthur also would be a good choice. Valverde likes to go with who is playing well currently, over using any particular formation. Neither Coutinho and Dembele have not been showing enough recently, whereas every midfielder on the squad is in fine form. LP could not convert at Camp Nou, but they sure looked dangerous. Switching to 4-4-2 was a great move by Valverde in that game, adding an extra midfielder strong on defense.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
That's the lineup I predict, though Arthur also would be a good choice. Valverde likes to go with who is playing well currently, over using any particular formation. Neither Coutinho and Dembele have not been showing enough recently, whereas every midfielder on the squad is in fine form. LP could not convert at Camp Nou, but they sure looked dangerous. Switching to 4-4-2 was a great move by Valverde in that game, adding an extra midfielder strong on defense.

Personally think he might have learned his lesson from Roma fiasco and he would start Dembouz and prefer to get back to the 4-4-2 after getting a goal :fingerscrossed:

gatsu

It's true that we have got a big step into the final.. but it's not a definitive step. We still have to fight and make huge sacrifices at the Anfield.
We are playing the most aggressive and the most physical opponent in Europe. They seem very motivated and passionate when playing in front of their fans. I think that Ernesto Valverde should focus now on the mental preparation. He can make special preparations using the "sonore atmosphere" of the Anfield stadium (their songs, their tension, everything) during this week; so that our players won't be surprised or intimidated there; It's better to get familiar and ready from now.

Players wise, Barça is the most experienced team in the world. Be it Anfield or a colosseum of the roman empire they will not get intimidated.

Liverpool will need the biggest miracle in football history. Unlikely to happen.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We're still basking in 3-0 but truth be told, we were spared of 3 yellow cards in first half although ref made some mistakes on other side too.

Klopp set his team better than Valverde and 3-0 is too flattering.

kilian

Said it before, liverpool is the wife and barcelona is the mistress

Can you explain then what's wrong with the heads of your fellow liverpool supporters? I mean I liked Liverpool for years and I know a number of people that like both Lpool and Barca. I really didn't expect so much hate and retarded comments from Lpool fans after the game. Especially after this game, where they got the biggest ref mistake in their favour (handball penalty not called).

goope

Damn, I just remembered my cousin marrys on the 1 of June. I hope I can watch the final and leave at eight. Do you guys think thats too early?

Havesaks

Can you explain then what's wrong with the heads of your fellow liverpool supporters? I mean I liked Liverpool for years and I know a number of people that like both Lpool and Barca. I really didn't expect so much hate and retarded comments from Lpool fans after the game. Especially after this game, where they got the biggest ref mistake in their favour (handball penalty not called).

That handball wasnt worthy of a penalty, especially not in chl semi-finale. The ref had a perfekt game

Havesaks

Yeah Arthur would def also be a natural choice, but I liked how we did with semedo Roberto online The right, and Vidal was so Good last game in top-motivated for chl. He probably also wanted to play an Even bigger part in our games, and has New the chance to dl so. Dembele is certainly a wildcard, but also a lethal weapon as a sub in second half. Æ

Lets sticke to what we know works, no need to take any risk at anfield

CatalinR10

That handball wasnt worthy of a penalty, especially not in chl semi-finale. The ref had a perfekt game

it's not the fact that the ball hit his hand but it actually looked like he made a play with his hand.

Really could have been a penalty for barcelona.

Havesaks

it's not the fact that the ball hit his hand but it actually looked like he made a play with his hand.

Really could have been a penalty for barcelona.

Didnt look intentional for me. And even if it could have given a penalty (50/50), in 1/?-finals it wont. The games to important.

Horatio

You're welcome
We're still basking in 3-0 but truth be told, we were spared of 3 yellow cards in first half although ref made some mistakes on other side too.

Klopp set his team better than Valverde and 3-0 is too flattering.

Leave the forums pls

Home of Barca Fans