Champions League

barca7788

Nepali Cule
The violence that has marred the Italian game flared again in Rome last night as two Arsenal fans were injured when the coach taking them to the Stadio Olimpico was attacked by Roma supporters before the match. One of the Arsenal supporters was stabbed in the leg, according to reports. One Roma fan was arrested.
The coach carrying Arsenal supporters, who had travelled independently but had tickets, came under a hail of stones thrown by a group of Roma “Ultras” as it was approaching the stadium. Windows were smashed and at least one Roma fan entered the vehicle, in which a flare was let off. The two wounded Arsenal fans were “lightly injured”, police said, and had refused an offer of transport to hospital for treatment. They received on-the-spot aid from paramedics.
Arsenal said last night that in addition to the coach incident there were two other attacks that left fans with head injuries. “We deplore the incidents as the safety of our supporters is our highest priority,” a statement from Arsenal and the Metropolitan Police, which sent officers to Rome, said.
In a separate incident, police said two Arsenal fans, described as “completely drunk”, were arrested for vandalism on Via Veneto in the city centre. The supporters were taken to a police station, where one attempted to escape but was caught. A policeman was injured in the scuffle with the fan. Police also said that an Arsenal supporter was stopped from entering the stadium after he was found to be carrying a small hammer. He is likely to be charged with carrying an offensive weapon, but had not been arrested.
Arsenal had stated their fears before the match of the possibility of incidents outside the stadium because of the Ultras’ reputation for violence. Sixteen Manchester United supporters were stabbed in the city when the English side faced Roma twice in the Champions League two years ago.
Uefa had threatened to relocate this season’s Champions League final on May 27 away from the Italian capital if trouble persisted. Extra police were drafted to ensure the safety of the 3,000 Arsenal fans, with police vans surrounding the bars in areas where Roma’s Ultra fans meet before and after matches. The North London club sent booklets to fans last week asking them to be vigilant.
The violence came after two Chelsea supporters were stabbed in Turin on Tuesday night before their team’s Champions League game against Juventus. The fans were slashed in the buttocks and were released from hospital after treatment.

and the final this year is in Rome.:$

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tbh. English fans are known to carry themselves way loosely when visiting other countries, forgetting it`s not England they are in. This by no means excuses anyone for stabbing opposition fans.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

damn its a strong champions league year !
I read somewhere that Man u wasnt that strong yesterday.
They totally dominated Inter (less 2nd half). Very Very strong team.

Liverpool physically is outranking every1

I hope we never have to play against Arsenal because of Titi's past.

Bayern Munchen we can handle.

FCB shall have to be like yesterday and twice as good to win this CL edition

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
damn its a strong champions league year !
I read somewhere that Man u wasnt that strong yesterday.
They totally dominated Inter (less 2nd half). Very Very strong team.

Liverpool physically is outranking every1

I hope we never have to play against Arsenal because of Titi's past.

Bayern Munchen we can handle.

FCB shall have to be like yesterday and twice as good to win this CL edition
Not per se. The team of last year was nowhere near this year's team and still pulled of a 0-0 and a 1-0 against the top team in Europe. (well, mainly because Manchester feared Barcelona's attack heavily)

We even played quite bad in Lyon and still got a 1-1. It's all relative. But you are totally right that it is a though competition this year!

Barca_Ray_USA

I watched Porto and they completely dominated Atletico. For some reason I`d like to avoid them. They don`t look look at first sight so we might underestimate them.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Innuendos on CL final in Rome already began...

aave6.jpg

T

The Kop

At this stage, there is no such thing as an easy fixture. True, there are differences in quality between all of the remainding teams, but each team offers something different, therefore whoever you get it will be difficult. (Sporting being the exclusion to the rule)

I have a weird feeling that we may draw United.

Benetton

The Rolling Stone
Lets hope that Barcelona will win every competition they participated in! Champions League, Copa del Rey and La Liga. All trophies this season is coming to Camp Nou Museum.

Home of Barca Fans