Bruno
Sancho
Greenwood
Rashford
Pogba
Varane
Shaw
Macguire

These players could play for nearly every team in the world.

Givenchy

United have some incredible players but Ole will hold them back. although some of their fans are insufferable, I'd like to see them win it ahead of the oil clubs

KingLeo10

Right.

Ronaldo
Bruno
Sancho
Greenwood
Rashford
Pogba
Varane
Shaw
Macguire

These players could play for nearly every team in the world.

Soon to be 37 year old CR7 - he can still produce moments but remains to be seen what he does in EPL on day in, day out basis
Pogba - Agreed, but moody for United
Bruno - Less effective with CR7 in same team
Greenwood - Agreed, great talent
Rashford - Doesn't have a place in the team right now
Varane - Agreed
Shaw - Not quite world class
Mcguire - Blockhead

Laplacian

Soon to be 37 year old CR7 - he can still produce moments but remains to be seen what he does in EPL on day in, day out basis
Varane - Agreed
Mcguire - Blockhead

I don't think Maguire's world class but he's comfortably a very good CB and a major reason why United had such a good record last season, despite the shit midfield and lackluster RB.

There are not many wingers in the world who have done better than Rashford in the past 3 years. For example Son is considered world class or borderline world class, and had 22 goals and 13 assists in 2020/2021. Rashford had 20 goals and 10 assists in 2020/2021. Son had 16 goals and 11 assists, where Rashford had 18 goals and 7 assists in 2019/2020. Offensively these players are quite similar (key passes, dribbles, goals, assists), but only one is considered a world class player/wanted by world class teams and the other is overrated/not rated/meme. The only reason he's not starting is because he was carrying an injury throughout 2 years and had to get surgery for it over the summer.

This is what I mean by people evaluating "not popular" players based on prior reputations than their actual more recent performances.

mc_lovin

They have insanely talented players and can put teams to the sword if they have a good day, they just have a weak Centre midfield and manager.

Which are two rough weaknesses.

Bruno and Pogba + 3 forwards will not win any titles. Of that I am 99% sure.

Laplacian

I don't think anyone disagrees with that, they're just reacting to you calling them shit when they actually have one of the best squads in Europe. PSG also had fundamental weaknesses before this summer, more than current United tbh, and they were still hailed as one of the best squads due to their attack. Maybe United won't win anything in Europe and domestically, but their quality + results in the league/Europe league should warrant something more than "shit."

Morten

I don't think anyone disagrees with that, they're just reacting to you calling them shit when they actually have one of the best squads in Europe. PSG also had fundamental weaknesses before this summer, more than current United tbh, and they were still hailed as one of the best squads due to their attack. Maybe United won't win anything in Europe and domestically, but their quality + results in the league/Europe league should warrant something more than "shit."

Well, maybe, but basically creating nothing againt 7th place(?) in La Liga isn't exactly great either.

mc_lovin

Fair enough, calling them "shit" was probably an exaggeration, but then again when you watch them they are either truly horrible or amazing (like 50/50), which is usually not a sign of quality.

Last edited:

JohnN

Yeah if you believe so, then there might be money to be made with a bet.
I believe the odds look fair, if anything I would look for value in Barcelona if the odds became even higher after a potentially poor start to the season.

I don't bet and I am pretty shit at it. But I could invest some if my crypto in Barca winning. No loss, big gains!!

Bobo32

I don't bet and I am pretty shit at it. But I could invest some if my crypto in Barca winning. No loss, big gains!!

Yeah but not a good idea if you think they are overvalued right now of course.
You should wait until they get blown out against Bayern and maybe lose points against Benfica or Kiev as well, then you can join me in placing a fairly big bet for better odds and we might potentially get rich.

I wonder what the odds were for Real Madrid winning in oct-dec any of the years they won recently...

Andresito

Staff member
Varane - Agreed
Mcguire - Blockhead

:crbust:

Messi983

E_IySiIXoAAeD4l

Home of Barca Fans