Champions League

wiseman

If, stegen, alba, bousquets, and pique start this game we will get hammered, as all those players are losers in there minds before even the game starts

Barcilliant

Bayern are going to destroy us again. They will beat us 4-1 at Camp Nou and 4-0 at Allianz. Dark times ahead. I see us with a point after the first two games.

malvolio

Bad that we start with Bayern at home and end with Bayern away.

They'll be roaring to get a good start so out there for a win. And also would not expect to give us a draw at their home, regardless of the fact they will be qualified comfortably by then.

Had it been the other way round, they maybe would have been OK with draw at the Camp Nou.

Bobo32

IIRC Bayern is the only team with a plus performance over Barcelona h2h, I think fbref had that statistic...
Yes, Barcelona will probably struggle for 2nd in that group

Rassvet

my early rankings for this season

1. PSG
2. City
3. Bayern
4. Chelsea
5. Liverpool
6. Manchester United
7. Juve
8. Real Madrid
9. Atletico
10. Dortmund
updated with the window nearly done

1. PSG
2. Chelsea
3. Bayern
4. City
5. United
6. Liverpool
7. Real Madrid
8. Atletico

9. Juventus
10. Dortmund

malvolio

Abolishing that away goal rule will also have some influence. Team that plays at home in the return leg of KOs will have an advantage.

Teams will be happy to just go to penalties as the end of 90' approaches.

fergus90

Abolishing that away goal rule will also have some influence. Team that plays at home in the return leg of KOs will have an advantage.

Teams will be happy to just go to penalties as the end of 90' approaches.

Do you really think so? Penalties is such pot-luck I think most teams would want to go for the win before that gamble.

malvolio

Do you really think so? Penalties is such pot-luck I think most teams would want to go for the win before that gamble.

The lesser team will go for that option. In the end being eliminated on penalties feels less painful than being trashed in regular time.

As the end of the game approaches, both teams tend to take less risks. Some will even feel confident to take the game to penalties maybe - PSG with Donnarumma in goal for example

Bobo32

updated with the window nearly done

1. PSG
2. Chelsea
3. Bayern
4. City
5. United
6. Liverpool
7. Real Madrid
8. Atletico

9. Juventus
10. Dortmund
According to bet365, these are the probabilities right now:

1. PSG (4,33)
2. City (4,50)
3. Bayern (8,00)
4. Chelsea (9,00)
5. United (9,00)
6. Liverpool (10,00)
7. Real Madrid (15,00)
8. Barcelona (21,00)
9. Atletico (26,00)
10. Juventus (29,00)
11. Dortmund (34,00) The rest give over 50,00.

Before Messi left, City were clear favourites and Barcelona were above United IIRC (I guess the draw must've influenced too)

Home of Barca Fans