Champions League

JamDav1982

malvolio

Peddling?

Yes two teams in La Liga who spend more and not got it right last few years.

Well repeated.

EPL is biggest league going. More teams with money. Well observed.

But as said your wee idea of 'if had more money would win' is clearly provable nonsense.

You switched to Mr La Liga now Messi oot!

Sensational.

Nonsense? Give the likes of Valencia, Sevilla, Betis, Villareal transfer budgets of 100M each year + considerable wage budgets and of course they can raise their game in CL.

Didn't switch anything. Always enjoyed LL the most
Maybe your confusing me with someone else.

Birdy

It's all yellow tonight!

Chelsea and Pool in away yellow kits and the yellow submarine with big away wins tonight!

malvolio

None of them have that over Barca and Real and have been better in recent years.

Hence that being argument for Spanish teams being certs to be better when have more money being an argument doesnt add up.

Small Spanish teams already have very good results for their respective budgets. I'm talking about taking them to the next level.

If Tottenham are shite in Europe doesn't mean Valencia would be the same with a similar budget.

JamDav1982

Nonsense? Give the likes of Valencia, Sevilla, Betis, Villareal transfer budgets of 100M each year + considerable wage budgets and of course they can raise their game in CL.

Yes give them more money and of course chances are be better sides.

Your wee story about it definitely making them the best.. no. Provably false to make out that is certain.

Not all best teams are the richest ones.

Changing argument now.

Devils

Stunning seeing all these upsets in the CL.

Imagine if Koeman was the manager of any of these teams. He'd have given up before the tie was even underway.

It's a damn shame we had him as a manager. Barto's final gift to us.

JamDav1982

Small Spanish teams already have very good results for their respective budgets. I'm talking about taking them to the next level.

If Tottenham are shite in Europe doesn't mean Valencia would be the same with a similar budget.

While the bigger teams dont in recent years in comparison to EPL.

Works both ways and you make out all EPL teams are rich anyway so no way for any 'smaller' ones to have same comparison.

mc_lovin

He took Juve to two CL finals. They lost to great Barca and Madrid sides.
Xavi was struggling before we made all those transfers. When you have shit players you can only rely on being tight defensively. Again under Xavi we would take a ,1-0 lead and he would try and shut up shop.
People have short memories. Xavi struggled when he played the B teamers. It's only when we got some quality in that we have flourished. It's not Allegris fault.

We played a fantastic game under Xavi with Abde and Jutgla upfront against Sevilla away.

But yeah, better players obviously help.

malvolio

Yes give them more money and of course chances are be better sides.

Your wee story about it definitely making them the best.. no. Provably false to make out that is certain.

Not all best teams are the richest ones.

Changing argument now.

When I say the best I'm talking about having 3 strong sides that can definitely win the CL. Like Liverpool, City and Chelsea are.

Also, there could be more diversity at the top, in league and CL, for Spanish teams.

EL would be dominated even more by Spanish sides, that's for sure.

So yes, definitely LL would be best league no contest.

Didn't change anything.

Morten

Villarreal may not be the most talented side, but they are tough in Europe, really playing to the maximum of their potential.

Last season they beat the 2nd place in EPL in the EL-final, who then had to struggle to beat them in this seasons group stages, and now they've knocked out Juventus.

Sure, not the most impressive United/Juventus versions, but big upsets regardless.

JamDav1982

When I say the best I'm talking about having 3 strong sides that can definitely win the CL. Like Liverpool, City and Chelsea are.

Also, there could be more diversity at the top, in league and CL, for Spanish teams.

EL would be dominated even more by Spanish sides, that's for sure.

So yes, definitely LL would be best league no contest.

Didn't change anything.

Nah you did change...

Went from La Liga would dominate easily if teams would be as financially dopped as the EPL ones.

When pointed out in fact two La Liga teams have bigger revenues and spending recently the argument change to other sides in La Liga being better with more money.

As said. Argument changed.

ajnotkeith

The top 7 teams of PL didn't really have this. Tottenham don't spend anything, West Ham don't spend much either, Liverpool spent less than Barca and Real did, etc.

JamDav1982

The top 7 teams of PL didn't really have this. Tottenham don't spend anything, West Ham don't spend much either, Liverpool spent less than Barca and Real did, etc.

He changed argument to 'spanish teams would DOMINATE EASILY if had more money' when pointed out that is not the case now already he then switches it to lesser teams would be better.

Home of Barca Fans