Champions League

Kul_z

You point to CBs and ignore the hundreds of millions spent on other positions.

Convenient.

No one is claiming La Liga has same financial power from top to bottom. Quite the opposite.

No people in general do not prefer watching La Liga. That is easily provable. You are completely deluded.

No. You missed my point. Barca and real(include atletico with felix) are the only clubs capable to splash 70+m for a player that club, coaches, logistics thought it WOULD BE A GAME CHANGER, not to fill the spot. I agree there was some drunk spending from real, barca and atleti, but not in that manner like epl clubs did. And you're telling me that im deluded. Just check what barca and real had spent in last 10 years and why. Hazard? Flop but he was supposed to fill in cr7 boots. Dembele? Neymar. Coutinho? Iniesta. Griezmann? Attack on cl. Frenkie? Best middlefielder in 2019 by uefa. Pattern is la liga clubs would splash money on someone who can make the difference instantly, barto reign is the fuck up that goes with your agenda, but if you're following that then you are insane as his board was.

JamDav1982

Not sure what any of that means.

Some rambling about La Liga teams spend money better than anyone else or some deluded nonsense from what I gather.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Lay off the crack brother. Drugs will kill you in the long run.

Of course the Mr pessimistic comes in to offer his in-depth insight. I think the current Barca can compete with all the teams physically. Talent is there in midfield, some quality in attack too. Maybe it is too early though, let's see how we compare vs Madrid in a week.

If the rumoured transfers (Christensen, Mazraoui, Kessie, Raphinha, a CF, etc.) come through, we will be able to compete next season. At the very least, we won't be dismantled with a +3-4-goal difference like we used to with a stationary team.

Birdy

Malvolio has a weird fixation with Spanish teams that prevents him from making simple observation, like when it's day and when night.

Don't fall for his 'points'

JamDav1982

Of course the Mr pessimistic comes in to offer his in-depth insight. I think the current Barca can compete with all the teams physically. Talent is there in midfield, some quality in attack too. Maybe it is too early though, let's see how we compare vs Madrid in a week.

If the rumoured transfers (Christensen, Mazraoui, Kessie, Raphina, a CF, etc.) come through, we will be able to compete next season. At the very least, we won't be dismantled with a +3-4-goal difference like we used to with a stationary team.

I agree with you on that.. Barca and Real are not as far away as some think.

'The next Milan' etc and doomsday when Messi goes was always delusion.

Barca and Real can come back very quickly.

My point has always been that the top teams in EPL are currently better across the board..but from mid table down La Liga is worse than ever seen it and likes of EPL due to the money has far more depth and players of a high quality.

gregorrin10

Would like to see this draw:

Villareal - Liverpool
Man City - Bayern
Atletico - Chelsea
Benfica - RM

You'd like for Real to get lucky? Also way too early for City-Bayern, at least wait until the semifinals for that. Also Atletico-Chelsea would be another borefest, hopefully it doesn't happen.

Birdy

Would like to see this draw:

Villareal - Liverpool
Man City - Bayern
Atletico - Chelsea
Benfica - RM

Not fair to have two contenders to meet so early!

My preferred:

City - Villareal/Benfica
Chelsea - RM
Liverpool- Benfica/Villareal
Bayern - Atleti

first two play against each other in the semi

malvolio

If the rumoured transfers (Christensen, Mazraoui, Kessie, Raphinha, a CF, etc.) come through, we will be able to compete next season. At the very least, we won't be dismantled with a +3-4-goal difference like we used to with a stationary team.

We don't have the defense right now to 'battle for CL'. Also, attack doesn't have guaranteed goalscorers. And we don't have game changers.

There would be also some inexperience for certain players and also Xavi managing at that level.

So no way we would've battled for CL.

soul24rage

You'd like for Real to get lucky? Also way too early for City-Bayern, at least wait until the semifinals for that. Also Atletico-Chelsea would be another borefest, hopefully it doesn't happen.

Don't think RM will win the CL.

Knowing Man City's history in the CL, they can get knocked out by teams you don't expect them to lose, so I rather see Bayern - City.

Rather the borefest of Atletico vs Chelsea happen in the QF than the SF.

malvolio

Malvolio has a weird fixation with Spanish teams that prevents him from making simple observation, like when it's day and when night.

Don't fall for his 'points'

What's the observation to be made, oh great football guru?

LL is punching above their weight, even wihtout all that money that is poured into EPL teams.

Home of Barca Fans