Champions League

Messi983

Estupinian for sure. Would displace Alba easily. Pau Torres is interesting too, feels like he's been around forever. Not sure about Foyth, although he's having a spectacular game at RB, but he's a CB primarily, is he not?

Nah, he's regularly playing RB with Albiol-Pau Torres at CB.

Emery blew his chances. He couldn't deal with pressure to win.

Poch is a highly rated manager and deservedly so imo. PSG is a tough task, because of all the big names, not in spite of them.

So you use PSG being eternal bottlers and mental midgets as an excuse for Poch but not for Emery despite Poch having a much better team and he actually managed to lose Ligue 1 title to Lille last season. :lol:

Or you blame Emery for not winning at frikin Arsenal who didn't have a team to challenge for EPL title for years? Wasn't easy to come in and replace a legendary manager like Wenger and he was also barely given a little more than a year to build his team there.

Also can't expect to win La Liga with Sevilla, Villarreal and Valencia (his Valencia side was actually very good but unlucky to be in the same league with Pep's Barca and Mourinho's RM).

For me Unai is easily better than Poch who I've never liked. Would be great if he'd come to RM imo.

At this point i'd also put him higher on my list than Ten Hag who I like but he still needs to prove himself in a better league than Eredivisie. We'll see if he'll manage to do anything with that United mess if reports are true. But even if he won't make it there I won't totally write him off (I'm sure many people will though).

malvolio

Poch and Ten Hag are living off hype.

Emery actually won something in his career.

Clearly better than Poch and Ten Hag is an unknown quantity in a major league anyway.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Nah he totally got it wrong.

Played right into Benzema and Vini's hands. Gave them the exact scenarios they thrive in.

TT has to take part of the blame.

I have predicted a Chelsea win though. Think they'll win the tie. Let's see how they do in Madrid next week.

Tuchel was too optimistic with that formation...he will do better in return leg but looks like he is out of cl. It's the cl curse, you can't win it two times in a row (except your name is Zinedine Zidane).

Temptation

If the away goals rules were there Chelsea had no chance.

I'm predicting this because I can see Chelsea winning 2 0 in Spain if they get their act together in time.

Chelsea is the jammiest English team. They always have the ability to pull off a shock.

eaman

Real is a pretty volatile team. Can easily see them lose with two or three goals difference.

Ya and especially at home where they have probably lost more champions league knockout games. They don't seem to handle the home crowd pressure very well

serghei

Madrid will beat Chelsea again in a few days. Chelsea play like absolute shit, and not much can change in a week.

OGbarca

Banned
holy

i am absolutely gobsmacked that Villareal beat Bayern. Like jaw-dropped astonished. It's fantastic.

I dont think they can pull it off in the second, away leg--but still. What a terrific victory.

Birdy

Poch getting so much disrespect in here...

Emery failed at Arsenal (Ok, you can give him an excuse in that he didn't get as much time as he wanted to build),
and Poch succeeded at Spurs.
Same league, same setting, same tier teams
The one got into CL final, and set record league points at Spurs, would have won it if he was not competing against Pep and Klopp.

Home of Barca Fans