Champions League

Messigician

when the dust settles, the injuries to KDB and Walker and Cancelo’s yellow card could cause real madrid to stomp city

atletico never leave the field without taking something in return

and puig dominated them

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
City wanted to control the tempo and minimize threat tonight. They achieved that, even with difficulty, despite of what you may think.
0.89 conceded with no single big chance attests to that. With City creating as much xG and having the biggest chance of the game (Gundogan in injury time).

They didn't control anything in the second half and should count themselves lucky Atletico didn't have the quality needed on the final pass or shot.

Atletico should also have had a penalty which VAR seemingly didn't even review.

xG is a useful tool, not the answer to everything.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
City wanted to control the tempo and minimize threat tonight. They achieved that, even with difficulty, despite of what you may think.
0.89 conceded with no single big chance attests to that. With City creating as much xG and having the biggest chance of the game (Gundogan in injury time).

They did not achieve that in the second half and were on the ropes for 45 mins. Atletico lacked better delivery and final ball. All in all it was a very balanced tie. I expected much more from City, from what I have seen I think the game against Madrid will be very close.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Not against us, no, but against, the remaining competition at least?

Chelsea are still an oil club, whoever said they aren't, but they won it back in 2012, so preventing them from winning it no longer has the same meaning as it does preventing PSG/City.

People make a clear distinction between Chelsea and the other oil clubs, them winning the champions league in 2012 isn't it.

FC B

Joking aside, Madrid is nowhere near capable of playing with this much intensity against City. And City will probably be in much better physical shape for the semis. Guardiola seems to have Madrid's number.

Madrid can suddenly become very intense in short but enough to to the job bursts if that's what they need in order to qualify.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Chelsea are still an oil club, whoever said they aren't, but they won it back in 2012, so preventing them from winning it no longer has the same meaning as it does preventing PSG/City.

Why should Barca fans or any non-Madrid fans for that matter root for Madrid over City?

Being an oil club is not necessarily a problem.

serghei

Madrid can suddenly become very intense in short but enough to to the job bursts if that's what they need in order to qualify.

I don't know. Last time City dominated them easily. Interesting tie. And Madrid surely have the players to make a difference. As someone said, the top teams today are good, but nothing spectacular. People were gushing about Bayern and they get sent home by Villareal :lol:.

Plus, Madrid have the league in the bag nearly while City and Pool are involved in a major fight for Premier League, which is probably their primary objective each season.

malvolio

Seen it here on the forum. City and PSG are referred to like pure evil, while Chelsea is no longer mentioned as an oil club.

Too me it's all hypocrisy. Or just old money vs new money. Real broke transfer records countless of times and now bitch and cry when newcomers do the same.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
All jokes aside I think the City v RM tie is 50/50.

City are a much better team, but RM stronger mentally. Should be two interesting games.

Home of Barca Fans