Champions League

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Dude, what kind of argument is that?

When you say they "lacked better delivery", don't you realize that these kinds of hypotheticals can be used for each and every football game?
If they had better players in certain positions they could produce better deliveries, and if Simeone had other players he could tweak his tactics to their characteristics and get better outcomes.

Anyone can conjure up what-ifs, that doesn't prove anything.
The sad truth is that they couldn't register a big chance tonight, and that can't be annulled with what-ifs

Nah that statement works for teams that pump crosses in. Atletico's wing delivery was just bad. There were enough chances during breaks to put a good ball into the box with numbers being there, maybe it was just a deficiency of class and composure in the decisive moments. City were very poor against long balls today.

In the end, I trust City more than Atletico to deal with RM.

serghei

Anyway, long story short, while not great teams, City and Liverpool are top 2 in the world, and Madrid will have to get past both most likely.

PSG, Chelsea, City, and Liverpool is a hard path. If they win, give Benzema his Ballon d'Or.

Morten

Come on Morten, you don't need me to explain this: They don't have to like City, they only need to dislike City less than the other teams.

If you dislike City less than Villarreal, then i don't know what to tell you...other than something that might get me in trouble.

Birdy

Nah that statement works for teams that pump crosses in. Atletico's wing delivery was just bad. There were enough chances during breaks to put a good ball into the box with numbers being there, maybe it was just a deficiency of class and composure in the decisive moments. City were very poor against long balls today.

In the end, I trust City more than Atletico to deal with RM.

you mean enough 'situations' and not chances.
I will look the non-shot xG model to see if they fared any better there

serghei

Atletico reminded me of the Inter and Chelsea we faced with Pep. Except those teams had elite strikers like Diego Milito, Eto'o, and Drogba.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's not about liking City.

It's about disliking Real Madrid and Liverpool more. The latter because they'll end up with two more CL titles than us, and their fans are kinda annoying tbh.

As for City then no matter how much money they have they are going to be relevant only as long as they have Pep or another elite manager there. Don't particularly care much about them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If you dislike City less than Villarreal, then i don't know what to tell you...other than something that might get me in trouble.

Not me certainly, if Villarreal pulls a miracle and beats Liverpool to make it to the final and if they meet City, of course I will be rooting for Villarreal.

I was just saying some fans might dislike Liverpool or Villarreal more than they dislike City, for whatever reason. Like I said, Castillion or Valencia fans or say, Everton fans or whatever fans.

Just like many Barca fans, most of us would probably want City to beat Madrid, not because we like City but because we dislike City a lot less than Madrid.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
At the end of the day, those were two teams that played without real strikers. We shouldn't be too surprised with only 1 goal scored in 2 games.

All is set up for a City-Liverpool final. As good as Villarreal are defensively and on counter, I don't think there will be any arrogance and underestimation from Klopp.

Prepare for a PL wankfest when the two PL sides eliminate two LL teams.

Morten

Not me certainly, if Villarreal pulls a miracle and beats Liverpool to make it to the final and if they meet City, of course I will be rooting for Villarreal.

I was just saying some fans might dislike Liverpool or Villarreal more than they dislike City, for whatever reason. Like I said, Castillion or Valencia fans or say, Everton fans or whatever fans.

Just like many Barca fans, most of us would probably want City to beat Madrid, not because we like City but because we dislike City a lot less than Madrid.

Liverpool over City is an easy one for me, though i guess Pep will sway a lot of Barca-fans, i understand.

I just want City to be kept at zero, for as long as possible.

ebc_99

Barca aren't far off any of these sides, with a couple more signings we have a shot at winning this thing next year.

Home of Barca Fans