Champions League

Temptation

PSG and Chelsea arguably have a better squad than Real Madrid. City surely does.

But Real Madrid have a winning psychology that far exceeds any of those teams.

Barca is a million, million miles away from having that kind of mentality.

There are probably 30+ teams with a better winning mentality than Barca in Europe (I'm not joking), while there are about 10 teams who have a better squad quality.

Real, City, Chelsea, PSG, Bayern and??

Who else has better squad than Barca? You lot have 7th nest squad itw

FinBarcelonafan

They recruited Alaba because no one is bigger than the club and they told Ramos to take a hike. On a paper it's a simple few recruitments but at Barca it would have never happened , still dishing out 5 year contract to past it players and acting like beggars while being the one of the biggest clubs.

Barca would have never entertained buying Camavinga because replacing Kroos unique skillset is impossible.

Very good point

Birdy

This "Real is lucky" has to be one of the worst takes here on the forum. Mate if Real is "lucky" the past 10 years then Barca is just unlucky the past several years in the CL getting humiliated.

The worst takes have been the ones trying to conjure football reasons WHY they always get undeserved results when they are many levels below their opposition.
When clearly there is none.
Mentality is a point, but only in contrast with Barca IMO, not in general. Many other teams have winning mentality but not the same abysmal luck.

Luck (or voodoo call it as you wish) is the only viable explanation, unless we enter the realm of metaphysical explanations.

Birdy

Klopp could unironically go to Barca next.

It's the kinda club he loves. Lesser media attention than Real, huge loyal fanbase, etc. Only thing missing is the underdog feeling there was at Dortmund and Liverpool.

But if I had to predict his next job, I'd predict Barca.

Pep will coach Brazil NT after this.

Nah, from what both have said
most likely both will end up at NT jobs after City and Pool

I can see Klopp taking German NT and Pep Spain NT

Kul_z

They're literally winning all the time.

Attempting to reach 2008-2012 levels of possession football is the real unsustainability here.

In 'their era' of 4 cl, they have, what, 2 liga's? They are not winning all the time, thats a stupid statement considering their player with most throphies is marcelo with 24, while ours is messi with 35, playing in same era. You get the point.

Liverpool dominates their games, city dominates their games, bayern dominates. Its not about 2008-2012 barca style of domination, its about sheer power to enter the game as clear favourite and have a display like one. They are fluking their way to the 14 cl, thats fucking unbelievable considering how they managed to do that.

Lets hope liverpool give them a spanking in final, but this cunts have tons of luck, like everyone pisses their pants at the thought of winning against them.

JamDav1982

Klopp has said in past he doesnt want to manage Barca as style club wants doesnt match how he sees football.

Top coaches dont want to be in Spain anyway they want to be in EPL.

JamDav1982

Grealish almost had two. He could have been on earlier as more of a threat against way Real set up than Foden was.

Small margins and other than not having more squad depth at RB when spending so much money Pep coached both legs well and City were dominant side.

serghei

PSG and Chelsea arguably have a better squad than Real Madrid. City surely does.

But Real Madrid have a winning psychology that far exceeds any of those teams.

Barca is a million, million miles away from having that kind of mentality.

There are probably 30+ teams with a better winning mentality than Barca in Europe (I'm not joking), while there are about 10 teams who have a better squad quality.

Hmm... it's close. Madrid have the best striker and the best keeper in the world. Players with the highest single impact in scoring goals or preventing them.

Plus some top notch youngsters and some all time great veterans... Madrid's team is getting severely underrated.

Camavinga and Rodrygo changed the game for example.

Last edited:

FC B

Not the same. Madrid can't play with that intensity.

No but they can surely absorb it and bite'em late / in the dying minutes with one or two goals necessary to win , they trademark of this season's CL campaing and I'm afraind they'll do just so.

Home of Barca Fans