Champions League

KingLeo10

Ideally Lyon wins it or Leipzig. But I get a ton of enjoyment about this PSG project that needs to get prolonged with every season. At least I can respect Bayern for club culture and generally not that arrogant. It?s just Muller.

Trust me, it's like picking between two poisons.

But Bayern need a Germany 2018 type humbling.

Horatio

You're welcome
Trust me, it's like picking between two poisons.

But Bayern need a Germany 2018 type humbling.

They might. But can already tell you they won?t gloat with it if they win. Win it, celebrate, back to business focusing on next season. PSG on the other hand... Mbappe already started on twitter.

Morten

I think you?re right. Another german friend generally hates Bayern. Now he supports them because their German lol.

South-American take it to the next step. They will support whatever South-American team is left in WC even if it is a country they have strong rivalrby with and want to see knocked out as long as own country is in it. Once country is knocked out they do a complete 180. Honestly, I never thought of WC in terms of rivalry between continents and they made me realize there are people that do. I dont personally have a problem with supporting a country beyond Europe.

Granted, im not Spanish, so i cant speak for how spanish people feel about rivals doing well in Europe.
But i will say that as a Norwegian, i wish only bad luck on our main rival in Norway whenever they play abroad, so i guess i dont understand supporting rivals in Europe.

KingLeo10

Granted, im not Spanish, so i cant speak for how spanish people feel about rivals doing well in Europe.
But i will say that as a Norwegian, i wish only bad luck on our main rival in Norway whenever they play abroad, so i guess i dont understand supporting rivals in Europe.

Absolutely no Spaniard who supports one of Barca or RM will cheer for the other in CL.

This is a Germany and maybe France and recently, Italy (now that Milan clubs are dead) thing.

Will never happen in Spain or England.

Horatio

You're welcome

It?s different for every person. In NL I think even Feyenoord supporters exist that will support Ajax in EL/CL because success would really do Eredivisie good. Then there are ones that want to see them fail.

Horatio

You're welcome
Absolutely no Spaniard who supports one of Barca or RM will cheer for the other in CL.

I always thought so too until recently. I think I heard a Spaniard say(mighthave met him on my travels, or was he a famous current football player) he doesn?t mind the rivaling team to win because its good for Spanish football.

Yannik

It happens in Germany, France, South America and even Italy now. Basically every place that constantly gets disrespected or labelled farmers by the int. media and isn't spoiled shitless with CL/EL titles.
Take that for some years and you'll rally in patriotism. Still doesn't mean if our death rivals Braunschweig would get my support, there's limits to all of this. I can absolutely tell French people feel the same about PSG and Lyon there, even though during League play they celebrate every game PSG looses.

Morten

It happens in Germany, France, South America and even Italy now. Basically every place that constantly gets disrespected or labelled farmers by the int. media and isn't spoiled shitless with CL/EL titles.
Take that for some years and you'll rally in patriotism. Still doesn't mean if our death rivals Braunschweig would get my support, there's limits to all of this. I can absolutely tell French people feel the same about PSG and Lyon there, even though during League play they celebrate every game PSG looses.

Well, we are so low that we dont even get the attention of being labelled farmers.
I guess indifference is better than being significant enough to get harassed?

I guess im fine with most teams doing something in Europe when they get the chance though, but simply not our main rivals, no way.

Yannik

I always thought so too until recently. I think I heard a Spaniard say(mighthave met him on my travels, or was he a famous current football player) he doesn?t mind the rivaling team to win because its good for Spanish football.

There's also Raul.

Raul.png

Porque

It's worth noting that Lyon absolutely need this final to play in the CL next year.

They were one of the main complainents of Ligue1 finishing early and being outside of the CL qualifying spaces.

Safe to say that Bayern are favourites, but Lyon will play like a team possessed.

Fantastic game upcoming.

Sterlingfan2000

There's 2 Notes for Barcelona and City to take note:

Football has changed. The slow spain playstyle isn't working for spain city and Barcelona anymore. There are 2 Factors which changed the game completely:

1) Speed
2) Physics

Barcelona got outpaced and outworked and City got bullied with physics

eaman

City didnt deserve it not because of the goals conceded because laporte was tripped for the lyon second but because of how little they created. Pep just overthinks in these big knockout games

El Gato

Villarato!

I keep telling people there is absolutely no value in insulting, even jokingly, less affluent football communities. Breeds alienation and makes you and by proxy the sport look stupid.

Yannik

Football has changed. The slow spain playstyle isn't working for spain city and Barcelona anymore. There are 2 Factors which changed the game completely:

1) Speed
2) Physics

That's been a theme for a while now imo. "Pace and Power" are the new default in CL. "Gegenpressing" and the likes are seemingly META. Madrid already grew accustomed to these concepts but Barca is still somewhat stuck in idealizations of 2010. We're constantly talking about Barca needing to change, but people are also still a bit too nostalgic about Joga Bonito and the 2000s.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome

1) Speed
2) Physics

Physics or Physique? Would be quite something if it were the former.

Home of Barca Fans