Champions League

mc_lovin

That?s fair enough. Probably what everyone agrees on.

Actually I?d argue we lack technique now. Tactically shocking and the quality was so poor, couldn?t pass out of the back to save our lives.

How is that fair enough? Its completely uncontroversial, but highly unrealistic. Adds nothing, really.

Vilarrubi

How is that fair enough? Its completely uncontroversial, but highly unrealistic. Adds nothing, really.

Which part?

We need to more physical, no doubt about that, we’re the oldest, slowest “big” team. Technically absolutely shocking, zero gameplan, or if there was one we don’t have the players to execute it. And mentally weak, was like men vs boys out there. Not sure there’s a Barca fan who would disagree with that. Never said it was realistic that those things would change, but that’s what needs to happen.

Yannik

Gassed about Lyons win but nervous as fuck about meeting them now. Casually eliminated Juventus and City, and could absolutely battle their midfields whenever they needed and wanted to. All the pressure on Bayern now, Lyon already achieved way more than they could've imagined.

mc_lovin

Which part?

We need to more physical, no doubt about that, we’re the oldest, slowest “big” team. Technically absolutely shocking, zero gameplan, or if there was one we don’t have the players to execute it. And mentally weak, was like men vs boys out there. Not sure there’s a Barca fan who would disagree with that. Never said it was realistic that those things would change, but that’s what needs to happen.

The point is that BBZ just adds nothing. We need leaders, physique, technique... wow. What a revelation. Who would have guessed.

99% of the forum wanted a fast, goalscoring leftwinger. 99% of the forum wanted a stronger DM (or get rid of Busquets and use Frenkie there). 99% of the forum wanted more leadership. Heck, 99% of the forum was against Griezmann from day 1. 99% of the forum is for Haaland and against Lautaro. He just tries to construct a weird La Masia/shoolboy narrative, which couldnt be further from the truth. And then claims Guardiolas influence f***** us when we started Vidal and Roberto wide and did a Valverde special against Munich. Its just infuriating. Rant over.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The point is that BBZ just adds nothing. We need leaders, physique, technique... wow. What a revelation. Who would have guessed.

99% of the forum wanted a fast, goalscoring leftwinger. 99% of the forum wanted a stronger DM (or get rid of Busquets and use Frenkie there). 99% of the forum wanted more leadership. Heck, 99% of the forum was against Griezmann from day 1. 99% of the forum is for Haaland and against Lautaro. He just tries to construct a weird La Masia/shoolboy narrative, which couldnt be further from the truth. And then claims Guardiolas influence f***** us when we started Vidal and Roberto wide and did a Valverde special against Munich. Its just infuriating. Rant over.

This.

Horatio

You're welcome
Gassed about Lyons win but nervous as fuck about meeting them now. Casually eliminated Juventus and City, and could absolutely battle their midfields whenever they needed and wanted to. All the pressure on Bayern now, Lyon already achieved way more than they could've imagined.

Since when are you fervent Bayern supporter?

Can I expect a ?since birth since I am from Bayern? answer?

Morten

More or less "Supporter". I'm a Hannover fan who casually stans German teams in CL as my team isn't present and probably never will be. I'll be with Bayern due to lack of options.

Feels like there is this "thing" in Germany, that everyone supports Bayern at the end of the day.
I mean, teams there hands out players to them basically for free, even Dortmund, who is the only half-serious competition they`ve got.

Horatio

You're welcome
More or less "Supporter". I'm a Hannover fan who casually stans German teams in CL as my team isn't present and probably never will be. I'll be with Bayern due to lack of options.

Okay best of luck. Even with the trashing can live with Bayern winning it. Just dont want to see PSG win it. Still heavy favs versus Lyon.

Yannik

Feels like there is this "thing" in Germany, that everyone supports Bayern at the end of the day.
I mean, teams there hands out players to them basically for free, even Dortmund, who is the only half-serious competition they`ve got.

Nah fuck that. Fully up for competetive Bundesliga, but this is CL.
Mbappe gets excited for every French team making it, or Raul got excited over every Spanish team that made it. I get excited for every German team making it. This league doesn't really swim in multibillionair investors, so all the prestige and extra income helps to both the league and the NT.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Disagree, Bayern is ridiculously controversial here. But good for Yannik, he needs every bit of positivity he can get for supporting Hannover ;-)

Horatio

You're welcome

I think you?re right. Another german friend generally hates Bayern. Now he supports them because their German lol.

South-American take it to the next step. They will support whatever South-American team is left in WC even if it is a country they have strong rivalrby with and want to see knocked out as long as own country is in it. Once country is knocked out they do a complete 180. Honestly, I never thought of WC in terms of rivalry between continents and they made me realize there are people that do. I dont personally have a problem with supporting a country beyond Europe.

Tackle

Lol, BBZ trying to spin a player missing an empty net, and a keeper dropping an easy ball as a failure by Pep. :lol:.

To be fair since Pep left Barca his teams keeps finding new ways to crash out of Europe and doing so in embarrassing fashion in many cases. Cannot always blame individual mistakes when this has been a trend across 2 large European clubs over a decade.

Horatio

You're welcome
I don't get why you'd want a European rival to surpass us in CL. Was bad enough seeing Pool.

Ideally Lyon wins it or Leipzig. But I get a ton of enjoyment about this PSG project that needs to get prolonged with every season. And if Lyon goes to final I don?t see them beating PSG. At least I can respect Bayern for club culture and generally not that arrogant. It?s just Muller.

Also, we fudged up. If Bayern passes us in no of trophies it is for us to accept. We dropped the ball so many times on CL now. Should focus on other things.

Home of Barca Fans