Champions League

JamDav1982

His agent said Barca wanted to sign him for Barca B.

Yes his agent said Barca wanted him to start in Barca B....well googled.

As I said Barca wanted him and did not reject as Canadian.

No wonder not so clued up when use 'Trsnfrmrkt Forums' as a source.

Goretzka was well know and highly rated enough to have good options but you try to make out it was some Bayern magic to spot him if you like.

More lies about Gnabry. It was mentioned when he left and again when he signed for Bayern that Arsenal had offered him a contract.

Just make things up out of thin air as on some quest to make out Bayern built from a team of rejects and nobodies.

Thiago gone from a 'reject' to someone who played a lot and was highly rated but had a release clause.

Last edited:

Yannik

Yes his agent said Barca wanted him to start in Barca B....well googled.

As I said Barca wanted him and did not reject as Canadian.

No wonder not so clued up when use 'Trsnfrmrkt Forums' as a source.

Goretzka was well know and highly rated enough to have good options but you try to make out it was some Bayern magic to spot him if you like.

More lies about Gnabry. It was mentioned when he left and again when he signed for Bayern that Arsenal had offered him a contract.

Just make things up out of thin air as on some quest to make out Bayern built from a team of rejects and nobodies.

This is pretty much a question of "how far do I go for this player".
A player signed for a B-team, or a contract with low balled wages and "rotational role"-promises aren't exactly "effortful", or are they? Yes they happened, but it doesn't really negate the point of Bayern being pretty much out of competition for the targets they pursue. The word "reject" can be argued with, the point stays however the same.

JamDav1982

This is pretty much a question of "how far do I go for this player".
A player signed for a B-team, or a contract with low balled wages and "rotational role"-promises aren't exactly "effortful", or are they? Yes they happened, but it doesn't really negate the point of Bayern being pretty much out of competition for the targets they pursue. The word "reject" can be argued with, the point stays however the same.

Different argument... Barca did not reject Davies because he was Canadian as you claimed and tried to sign him.

Bayern valued him more and got him. Simple.

Yannik

Different argument... Barca did not reject Davies because he was Canadian as you claimed and tried to sign him.

That claim is not from me though. That claim was supposedly made by Hristo Stoichkov, if his friend and collegue commentator from Univision is to be believed. I simply assume he is in the know considering they work together, but if you're saying he's wrong, fine with me. I wasn't in the room with them, I only quoted what he said.. In the end however "trying to sign him" doesn't exclude Stoichkovs version. It can simply mean that Barto thought he was good enough for Barca B, but just didn't rate him any higher than that.

Last edited:

Yannik

I wonder if Bayern's bosses will bow down to his Royal Highness, The Emir of Qatar Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani.

After all The Emir is sponsoring their sleeves and has helped them establish a training base in Doha. What do you think Yannik?

I think his Royal Highness Emir of Qatar Tamim bin Laden can suck a dick with the utmost respect. When it comes to these "modern football" shenanigans, I try to pretend like that garbage don't exist for as good as I can.

Last edited:
Barca made a bid for Davies and were trying to sign him his agent has said that.

You have no idea who bid for likes of Goretzka or not.

Gnabry Arsenal wanted to keep and Thiago was not at all a reject and was behind best midfield ever and played a lot.

Just made up nonsense to try and make Bayern achievement better than it is.

Goretzka was in the last year of his contract - so a lot teams probably were interested in signing him. Young, talented player - but injury prone. Maybe not absolute top class but atleast great for a middle class club. I do not think the clubs really thought about him as somebody for the starting formation of a top club - but atleast enough quality for the bench for that clubs. And without transfer sum for sure a bargain...

I am not sure if Bayern would really have gone for him if he would have cost money. At that time we already had Vidal, Tolisso and Sancho. So he was the fourth box-to-box player...

---------------

Bayern got Kimmich so cheap because Stuttgart had a buyback clause that they used and then directly sold him to Munich. Kimmich left Stuttgart because the did not get promotion from their U19 team into the U23 team that played in the 3rd league. At that time Timo Werner already played for the first team and his friend Gnabry made his first steps for Arsenal. So he transferred to RB Leipzig that then played in the 3rd league and got promoted to the 2nd league after that year.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Bayern are easily heavy favorites. PSG as a team aren't that good I'll be honest.

Would take a lot of luck and individual brilliance for PSG to pull this off.

FinBarcelonafan

Bayern are easily heavy favorites. PSG as a team aren't that good I'll be honest.

Would take a lot of luck and individual brilliance for PSG to pull this off.

PSG has the right weapons to hurt Bayern. As long as their defense can keep this game to 1-3 goals I think they have a chance. I assume PSG will score at least few goals today. Neymar and Mbappe are leathal in counters.

Bayerns high line will suffer vs Neumar and Mbappe. They have the players to make through pass and the legs to challenge their defense. Barca didn't have any runners.

Birdy

Bayern was exposed on the counter by Lyon, and I wonder how Flick will adjust that tonight, given that Neymar creating and Mbape finishing on the counter will be much deadlier.

All in all, Bayern was the best team in Europe this season by far, and deserves to win it. PSG plays in farmers league and had an easy run to the CL final.

Yannik

Flick said he won't change the system v PSG so I'm absolutely expecting that high line to be abused at least once or twice tonight. Both teams will probably run ham on each others defense and try to outscore the other, I'm nervous as fuck.

FinBarcelonafan

Flick said he won't change the system v PSG so I'm absolutely expecting that high line to be abused at least once or twice tonight. Both teams will probably run ham on each others defense and try to outscore the other, I'm nervous as fuck.

This should be fun for an outsider. Probably the best possible final.

Home of Barca Fans