Champions League

Slevinn

Aight I'm off. Ban me if you like.

And other than that fin guy, I'll go ahead and say I hope Barca has good stuff in their future.

Sorry for being a bit of a cunt. Some folks here just itch me a bit much. See y'all next season. :valverde:
You must have a really sad life. :lol:

xXKonan

The big lesson here that everyone can easily figure out is.

You cannot bullshit your way to win a CL with a team and especially an XI that is designed around low workrate and aging legs not in the fucking slighest. Real can got away with shithousing 3 CL's because they had attributes and the players to get away with it at the time without even playing very well.

Last time we had a team that had the players and attributes to go from 1st-4th in a flash was 2014/15. Since then it's all been downhill.

jairzinho

Too many holidays and half assed training sessions under Valverde. Thats why we have the intensity and work rate of a Sunday league pub team. Its one of the main reasons the club has been exposed in Europe. Too soft, lazy and slow.

JohnN

What's your point?

Sorry, had to sleep after this borefest!

I meant that this is so far from the 2013 Bayern team. 8-2 is just ridiculous.
They can't score a goal without the high defensive line and forward pressing. They need the other team's defensive errors to hit on the counter with numbers, so they can cross.
The high line against us wasn't because of our slow forwards, but because of their system - they did the same vs Neymar and Mbappe.
And we gave them just the errors they needed, as we have done with every pressing team in the last seasons.

Surely, they have been the better team in the competition but honestly this season, this doesn't say much. The level of play has been low.

On another note, having Neymar pressing like a dog for the first half was not smart. He didn't have legs in the second half. This should give some perspective on why technical players, above a certain age, shouldn't be used like this. Pressing 4 defenders and a keeper with 3 forwards has no impact whatsoever and only gets the team tired. You can do it for 3-6 seconds at first but PSG overdid it.

Morten

Each game is different, obviously, but it seems the more experienced team/favorite wins the final almost every time, more so than in knockout rounds.
CL-finals rarely yield any surprises, last time it happened was Chelsea in 2012.

El Gato

Villarato!
Ceferin said UEFA will debate the one-leg knockout Final 8 system as a solution going forward.

Could get interesting.

Home of Barca Fans