Champions League

Rory

Also struggling to think which was the more boring final, this years or last years? And although Bayern have won the treble they are absolute shadows of the Real Madrid and Barca teams to win the ucl. They just happened to peak as barca/real/juve all having a low point. Thoroughly deserved win of course, I just don?t think they?re all that.

El Gato

Villarato!
Final 8 makes for more interesting results
Nullifies away fixture fear @ big teams grounds
Takes away experience related hurdles put in the way of many smaller teams without legacies in the comp

It may be a necessary change. Whether it'll ward off the SuperLeague phantom we won't know, but European comps do need changes in format every now and then. In 2001(?) they changed from 2-leg groups. No change in 2011 needed as comp was doing well, depsite Sheikhs appearing with their cash. They are now working double time against the influence of money and may need to work something out to keep the relevance of the comp. Much like Nations League was necessary to give smaller countries some opportunity.
Not sure on the longevity of the present Final 8 format since same countries might need to be awarded the hosting rights every year if they cared about keeping the neutrality factor alive, but it could become a huge SuperBowl type of thing where fans from around Europe go to a single city for up to 2 weeks.

Also struggling to think which was the more boring final, this years or last years?

Are you serious?
Last night was one of the best finals of this decade. Far better than 4-0 Barca Juve or Real Juve romps.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Also struggling to think which was the more boring final, this years or last years? And although Bayern have won the treble they are absolute shadows of the Real Madrid and Barca teams to win the ucl. They just happened to peak as barca/real/juve all having a low point. Thoroughly deserved win of course, I just don?t think they?re all that.

Last year was way worse, maybe the most boring final I have ever seen. The last final which was interesting to watch was 2017. The first half of yesterdays's final was nice.

Rory

Each to their own I guess. Tbf the liverpool spurs game was definitely worse but yesterday?s bored me senseless. Even the xg was 1 -1.5 after both teams scoring multiple goals on the way to the final. Feel like there was about 2/3 actual chances in the whole match.

El Gato

Villarato!
Don't understand the complaints about the quality of this football match and I see them coming through mostly from people who either expected a goal fest and got let down, or just have it in for PSG and decided before the game they won't care about it either way, which the finishing and lack of fans in stands just magnified.

Don't think anyone who watched it with an open mind can deny it being a fabulous battle between 2 evenly matched, motivated and athletic sides. Not many finals were better on football terms.

Kul_z

With everything unfolded, we are the only team actually that tried(its dumb) to outplay them and that we didnt park the bus.
Watched again the match and cant believe that there was a period of 15 minutes that we were tormenting them with this bunch of old mental midgets until the old fucks gassed out.

We are not a cl contender but far from 2-8 level from bayern. And yet, we were a part of by far the best game of this cl season, unfortunately for us. But for good game it takes 2.

I can see the light if koeman makes 2 or 3 changes, with decent lineups, mobility and 10km more per match and we can be again close to the very top.

Morten

Last final was worse, Liverpool got an early goal, then nothing happened for the next 80 minutes(Spurs had 2 chances i guess).

FinBarcelonafan

With everything unfolded, we are the only team actually that tried(its dumb) to outplay them and that we didnt park the bus.
Watched again the match and cant believe that there was a period of 15 minutes that we were tormenting them with this bunch of old mental midgets until the old fucks gassed out.

We are not a cl contender but far from 2-8 level from bayern. And yet, we were a part of by far the best game of this cl season, unfortunately for us. But for good game it takes 2.

I can see the light if koeman makes 2 or 3 changes, with decent lineups, mobility and 10km more per match and we can be again close to the very top.

We can't park the bus, so that's why we didn't park the bus. They would make one pass and it would be through pass every time.. Our defense is ****. PSG played much better defense.

Not to mention, PSG looked much more comfortable under high pressure. We crumbled. Our transistion from the defensive zone is too slow and our players crumble under big pressure. PSG handled this much better.

Rory

Don't understand the complaints about the quality of this football match and I see them coming through mostly from people who either expected a goal fest and got let down, or just have it in for PSG and decided before the game they won't care about it either way, which the finishing and lack of fans in stands just magnified.

Don't think anyone who watched it with an open mind can deny it being a fabulous battle between 2 evenly matched, motivated and athletic sides. Not many finals were better on football terms.

So people who have a different opinion to you don't have an open mind? That's a very close minded view on it. I had no bias watching the match, didn't care who won just thought it'd be great to watch two quality teams full of great players but that didn't really happen. The goal fest doesn't matter to me it was the lack of chances created by both teams that made it quite dull. Added to that the poor quality of the PSG midfield who couldn't string together a few passes to save their lives. Then there was the last 30 mins where psg need a goal but totally out of steam, reminded me of the spurs liverpool game where spurs needed to score but just didn't have it in them.

serghei

One of the worst and least entertaining finals I've ever seen in CL.

3-2 shots on target the whole game. :lol: That's terrible.

Neymessi

The match was pretty boring tbh. There really were not a lot of proper chances let alone goals.

El Guaje

@didi7 thanks for confirming the stereotype of the Bayern fan is well and true.

I could post Messi dunking on you guys in 09 or 15. Or Spain/Pique dunking on your boys in 08 and 10.

At the end of the day, you didn't have the guts to come out swinging BEFORE the game. Enjoy your tinpot treble :lol:

Bruh barca fans are in the last position to talk now lol. Doesnt matter what you post, its old and not relevant today. Like oh look at us, we got rekt 3 years in a row so let me post 10 year old videos... *facepalm*

Birdy

Final 8 makes for more interesting results
Nullifies away fixture fear @ big teams grounds
Takes away experience related hurdles put in the way of many smaller teams without legacies in the comp

It may be a necessary change. Whether it'll ward off the SuperLeague phantom we won't know, but European comps do need changes in format every now and then. In 2001(?) they changed from 2-leg groups. No change in 2011 needed as comp was doing well, depsite Sheikhs appearing with their cash. They are now working double time against the influence of money and may need to work something out to keep the relevance of the comp. Much like Nations League was necessary to give smaller countries some opportunity.
Not sure on the longevity of the present Final 8 format since same countries might need to be awarded the hosting rights every year if they cared about keeping the neutrality factor alive, but it could become a huge SuperBowl type of thing where fans from around Europe go to a single city for up to 2 weeks.

Are you serious?
Last night was one of the best finals of this decade. Far better than 4-0 Barca Juve or Real Juve romps.

Agree about the final, it was a great game from many povs.

But the final-8 format is trash.
It magnifies the effect of luck, and it strips qualifications from the better sides.
From an entertainment perspective, it also deprives us from seeing how a team that messes up one game can recover in the return leg.

Abandon...

Home of Barca Fans