Champions League

KingLeo10

Here is my hot take : Pep wants to prove himself winning the CL without signing a star player , just so he can escape the constant criticism of him getting carried by Messi-Xavi-Iniesta to those CL's.

Not a hot take now that we have evidence from his 5 years at City.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Here is my hot take : Pep wants to prove himself winning the CL without signing a star player , just so he can escape the constant criticism of him getting carried by Messi-Xavi-Iniesta to those CL's.

Maybe. I was thinking something similar.

I think Pep doesn't want a superstar or a player that can do shit individually since he want all of his players play to his system.

Total-Football

Poor Guardiola can only spend 50 mil each season for a fullback. Can't afford these expensive strikers.

Ex-J3FzXEAUoY_5.jpg
Not discriminating against baldies but bald football personalities are predominantly cunts.. Starting with pep hypocrisy and the other monsieur cunt Zidane who had no stance against the super league while everybody knows how he truly feels about it as an ex football legendary player. Politics as usual. Huge credits for klopp and pep though for their stance at least. Klopp particularly is a guy with some integrity whereas most fall short.

Pep no different than Wenger saying we don't have money to spend instead of saying the truth, that is, the owners do not wanna spend your (fans) money and wanna buy ranches with it instead.

serghei

It seems like playing vs top teams today you have to a bit of everything. The more options you have, the better.

That's the main approach, but don't think this is a rule or anything. You can still beat any team if you become elite in a style. The problem is City isn't elite at anything really.

Bobo32

This PSG is setup like LE21's Barcelona. When you have attackers like Neymar, Mbappe, Di Maria (Neymar, Suarez, Messi) and a good midfielder to directly link to them like Verratti (Iniesta) then you just sit back and counter quickly and leave them to do what they do on the ball.

It is basically a cheatcode that any coach will struggle against and you can't really answer against. You just have to hope they have an off day.

City started fine playing there game, and then PSG started getting the ball to their front trio and suddenly Man City have to overthink every attack as losing the ball turns deadly.

Still 135 minutes in this. But so far it is Pep's worst recurring nightmare. Gonna be waking up screaming with cold sweats tonight.

Yeah there are some similarities, when you have players like that you can sit back and just let them do their thing. Mourinhos Inter was a bit like that too, Sneijder the spark, and a couple of dangerous players up front.

PSG are playing well, with Neymar in particular in good form, but City are looking to get into the game more and more I think. Better quality in this game compared to the one yesterday overall.

Home of Barca Fans