Champions League

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
why, this are cheap players or free transfers; and PL pays good money

It is one thing to do this unconsciously, it is another thing to do this purposely and regularly. Once you develop that reputation of being the middleman or a selling club, it might hurt you in the eyes of players and potential sponsors etc. and it is something that is hard to get rid of.

Also, those players that don't work out, how much money do you think Bayern can sell them for? 10m? Perhaps. 20m? I doubt it.

Horatio

You're welcome
!!!ULTIMA HORA!!! Reports say Benzema won't be available for the game against Chelsea on Tuesday because the match is on Wednesday.

Stunning if true.

topt

It is one thing to do this unconsciously, it is another thing to do this purposely and regularly. Once you develop that reputation of being the middleman or a selling club, it might hurt you in the eyes of players and potential sponsors etc. and it is something that is hard to get rid of.

Also, those players that don't work out, how much money do you think Bayern can sell them for? 10m? Perhaps. 20m? I doubt it.

well, you know how cheap Bayern is so every EUR counts, on the other hand you get lucky once in a while and get a player like Jamal for free.

Temptation

!!!ULTIMA HORA!!! Reports say Benzema won't be available for the game against Chelsea on Tuesday because the match is on Wednesday.

Stunning if true.

If true then bummer for some of the "true Barca stans" here who were eagerly waiting for La Liga royalty Real Madrid to smack overrated league PL's sugar daddy club Chelsea!

Birdy

My predictions for tonight:
City - Atleti 2-0 or so (solid City win with no goals conceded)
Benfica - Liverpool 1-1 or 2-2 (Liverpool to not go all out in the 1st leg)

For tomorrow:
Chelsea - RM 2/3-0 (solid win just as City's with no goals conceded)
Villareal - Bayern 1-4 or 2-5 or of that kind of score line (goal fest basically, Villareal unable to contain Bayern but might get a couple on the counter)

mc_lovin

Atletico usually takes their pound of flesh every season - meaning they will eliminate one top club at the very least. And since they haven't met one yet...

Birdy

Atletico usually takes their pound of flesh every season - meaning they will eliminate one top club at the very least. And since they haven't met one yet...

This is not 2014 Atletico, not even 2016.
They are struggling against minor LaLiga fodder.
They are playing the best club side in the world at the moment.

Yes, it's a knock-out and in knock-outs everything can happen in 180 min, but no
It's not even close

mc_lovin

Yes, it's a knock-out and in knock-outs everything can happen in 180 min, but no
It's not even close

I mean Liverpool got recently Simeone'd. It happens :D

Rassvet

I hope Atletico can keep it tight. City have Dias, Walker, and maybe Stones out, so it could be possible for Atleti to nick a draw out of this and hope the atmosphere next week carries them through.

ajnotkeith

It's not even close

Atleti have won their last six league games. Whilst Man City drew with Southampton and Crystal Palace recently.

Home of Barca Fans