Champions League

ajnotkeith

If we are looking for a DM.. Not a Busquets replacement at all, and I'll probably get slaughtered for this but :

Since Chelsea are in financial trouble rn (his favoured destination), if Declan Rice was available, it would be an interesting avenue to explore.
Xavi with the signing of Kessie clearly sees a place for physical midfielders, maybe we sell Kessie after a year or two and go for Rice if he's still at WH.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Another French lad that dreams of Real.

Impossible.

Big bucks of PSG only thing stopping him going to Madrid.

Don't think he has any major Real Madrid preference and with Casemiro still good he probably doesn't get into their team right now.

It's unlikely though I agree. However if he for some reason stays another year in Monaco it's realistic in 2023.

Birdy

For anyone how didn't understand what happened tonight:

FPm9Z3vWUAUyuBQ

Atleti recorded 0.00 xG!!!!!
I can't remember any knock-out CL game with any team recording 0 since the metric was invented!!

City is the big favorite to win it, more than even after tonight's display!

Last edited:

DonAK

I brought this up before but Gavi as a possible option at CDM is something I find interesting. Simply due to the way he plays.

mc_lovin

Gavi isn't a player that dominates space like a DM in a 433 should. He's good at pressing and dominating other players, which is his main defensive contribution. It's a bit mad for me to consider him as our Busquets/DM replacement, but I am all for crazy ideas even if I disagree.

CatalinR10

For anyone how didn't understand what happened tonight:

FPm9Z3vWUAUyuBQ

Atleti recorded 0.00 xG!!!!!
I can't remember any knock-out CL game with any team recording 0 since the metric was invented!!

City is the big favorite to win it, more than even after tonight's display!

Shameless.

DonAK

You don't think he is too offense-minded?

Gavi isn't a player that dominates space like a DM in a 433 should. He's good at pressing and dominating other players, which is his main defensive contribution. It's a bit mad for me to consider him as our Busquets/DM replacement, but I am all for crazy ideas even if I disagree.

Yeah he is too offensive minded and he'd have to learn the basics of the position, but that's certainly one way to get all of Pedri, Gavi and Frenkie in the same midfield once Busquets leaves the club, but it's a long shot.

I do find it to be an intriguing idea though.

Home of Barca Fans