Champions League

Birdy

You are a man of stats and figures.

When something keeps happening, over and over again, it is not luck, it's a constant. It is in their DNA to get lucky and rob teams in the CL.

If that 'constant' can't be reflected in any quantifiable way, then it's just that: luck...

No the point is exactly that that game should have finished 3-3 if stuff like xG mattered in these knockout CL games.

And it flattened out in the return leg, where it should have finished 4-4, and Suarez Alba and co missed their sitters.
Fair...

serghei

You need to understand the specifics of a competition. You put City and Madrid in a league format and City probably finish 15 points ahead of them. Because they are a better team and if you reduce the pressure of small margins that appears in CL, the better team almost always wins.

Birdy

You need to understand the specifics of a competition. You put City and Madrid in a league format and City probably finish 15 points ahead of them. Because they are a better team and if you reduce the pressure of small margins that appears in CL, the better team almost always wins.

Good argument why a Super League will be a better competition?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No the point is exactly that that game should have finished 3-3 if stuff like xG mattered in these knockout CL games.

But then, we would've lost 5-0 at Anfield or worse.

We are lacking mentality and fold like lawn chairs. Like we did against Bayern next season as soon as we took the lead.

You're both probably right, but I don't wanna hear it right now. Getting PTSD remembering that Dembele miss. About to launch a vicious propaganda campaign against him soon on Barcaforum because of that. Blame @serghei for it

Givenchy

We will see, in terms of actual quality we are prob closer to Chelsea 11/12 than our 13/14 or 16/17 teams.

In terms of quality you should be about 6-7 goals down but you are Madrid, in the CL.. it's inevitable.

Probably for the Benzema thread but I wonder just how many goals he'd have now if he didn't have to serve Ronaldo all those years, incredible player.

akaranzo

Madrid will beat City at Bernabeu. City are pretenders, it's all on Liverpool to stop these bastards

If it's actually Liverpool vs Real again I'm not watching. Fucking despise both teams, Real more obviously but I don't wanna see Liverpool win anything either.

ajnotkeith

If that 'constant' can't be reflected in any quantifiable way, then it's just that: luck...

And it flattened out in the return leg, where it should have finished 4-4, and Suarez Alba and co missed their sitters.
Fair...

It might not be a statistic, or something we can plot on a chart, but we can all see what happens in front of us. They have been doing this in knockout ties for decades now. Probability would suggest it isn't luck and it is part of them.

Home of Barca Fans