Chelsea

Tezemery

On the one hand, seeing Chelsea fail so miserably this season (they lost the Community Shield, they got uber-raped by Atletico in Monaco, now losing to a Brazilian side) is nice to see for their fluky and undeserved victory last season, but on the other hand, the same reality is a confirmation of our epic failure last season. Chelsea never even had the right to step on the same pitch with us, but not only that, they knocked us out of the Champions League semifinals. It is depressing to think that a team like us lost to a joke team (or Mickey Mouse team as the English like to put it) like Chelsea (mind you, they were even worse last season)

For me Pep, was heavily responsible for the embarrassment last season to Chelsea. He should have set priorities straight and had the team ready to for those 2 semis. The depressing results of that historic failure are still sinking in and will be for some time to come.
They got completly lucky against us, nothing Pep did was responsible for losing to them, missed penalty, missed chances and them scoring whenever they attacked. Nobody at Barca is to blame for that defeat.

abual3bed1

702929511.jpg

GiantKiller

Two long journeys to and from Japan and the psychological blow of losing the final, lack of quality squad depth, form in the league, and the unstability of the pitch. Man, Chelsea are in such a mess. Unenviable.

Also, I wonder what those people who didn't care and played down Chelsea Super Cup loss would say about this.

M

Malappapper

Two long journeys to and from Japan and the psychological blow of losing the final, lack of quality squad depth, form in the league, and the unstability of the pitch. Man, Chelsea are in such a mess. Unenviable.

Also, I wonder what those people who didn't care and played down Chelsea Super Cup loss would say about this.

Roman's money will get them out of the shithole I am afraid. But if he ever leaves them, they are bound to crash land into the Conference.

Jenks

I seriously doubt losing a game like this is going to affect morale. It's a novelty match that's more of an arse ache than anything else. All the travelling could definitely effect them though.

GiantKiller

I seriously doubt losing a game like this is going to affect morale. It's a novelty match that's more of an arse ache than anything else. All the travelling could definitely effect them though.

Well, losing a final and that too with a manager that probably shouldn't be where he is, should have some effect on morale, I think.

K

kingleo

why do people keep saying this seasons results show Chelsea were lucky to win the CL? no they weren't this is a completely different team to last season who play a complete different style of football! Chelsea wanted the CL more than any other team last season they fought hard for it, playing a defensive style and being clinical in attack! this season they are a team in transition with many young players who will only get better plus they will strengthen their team in January and the summer and probably get Mourinho back as well, I think next season they are going to be a real force in European football once again.

Home of Barca Fans