CL | 1/8 Final: FC Barcelona - SSC Napoli 4-2 (agg.)

Andresito

Staff member
But it's a judgment call if that touch had any role in the goal.

The ball can't touch the hand before it's a goal, simple as that. Doesn't matter if it's deliberate or doesn't influence anything, it can't touch it, not before a goal.

FinBarcelonafan

Actually looking at the rakitic penalty again I'm not so sure it was. Mertens looked like he moved away from the line of the ball and bumped into rakitic. Well both bumped into each other really

Booom.. Exactly. Yet this was called instant penalty and no review. Haha

That's not rigged? Yet versus Messi they try to find ten angles to call it a hand.. woe nice job!

serghei

The ball can't touch the hand before it's a goal, simple as that. Doesn't matter if it's deliberate or doesn't influence anything, it can't touch it, not before a goal.

I see, well, if that's the rule, it's a hand ball, because the touch, while very slight, was clear.

Ritchie

Since when they call such a light touch? Like from 3-4 angles I saw I couldn't see it hitting his arm. I couldn't even see a hand ball! They should at least provide video of it if they call it off..

It took 20 views over 10 minutes to decide it touched his hand. There should be a 1 minute maximum they can use to disallow it.

At least Messi got to enjoy his career before VAR has destroyed the game.

Home of Barca Fans