CL | 1/8 Final: FC Barcelona - SSC Napoli 4-2 (agg.)

JamDav1982

Didn't like that we allowed Napoli to play. Said it with Valverde as well, we don't have a team that is properly good in defense to stop them at the border of our box. We leak chances when we fail to stop the other team. We need to play better in midfield and offense at closing down spaces.

This formation is not one about possession.

All the games will be open with lots of chances.

Bit like Lucho used to do when Barca had a lead and dared other team to open it up.

FinBarcelonafan

I think Messis was a handball. From the side angle you could tell ball got a slight touch off of his arm.

Since when they call such a light touch? Like from 3-4 angles I saw I couldn't see it hitting his arm. I couldn't even see a hand ball! They should at least provide video of it if they call it off..

Andresito

Staff member
But is there a rule that every touch with the hand is a hand ball, no matter if it doesn't influence the play? The touch is so slight that it changes nothing.

If it leads to a goal, yes, that's exactly how the rule is unfortunately.

kattanib

While the handball rule is garbage the ref made the right call based on the rule.

The game is becoming more of soccer than football, its being Americanized and losing its passion just like cities become westernized and lose connection to their culture

eaman

Actually looking at the rakitic penalty again I'm not so sure it was. Mertens looked like he moved away from the line of the ball and bumped into rakitic. Well both bumped into each other really

Givenchy

VAR is not the issue. Prob is the stoopy rules and the idiots behind the monitors

Messi what a Warrior :worthy:

On that 1st goal, pretty much most players would go down for a pen but he stays up and scores with a flick of the foot. How he managed to add that curve he's gotta have the most flexible ankle

Super resilient too after that Koulyhit

VAR very much is the issue. it slows the game down, kills momentum and the worst part? don't celebrate a goal when it goes in, go look at the shitty little screen for 5min to check.. ... ... ... okay now celebrate.

imo they should of done a 3 challenge system like tennis. that way, if Napoli felt it was handball, they could challenge the decision and then it goes to VAR

serghei

I agree. As were Pique, Roberto, and Rakitic. This team must always have several players being utterly mediocre.

Pique and Rakitic were diabolical. Pique almost looks like he doesn't give a shit. He's so casual it's infuriating. Doesn't have a leader bone in his body, only a big mouth.

Home of Barca Fans