CL Quarter Final: PSG - Barca 2-3

mc_lovin

I actually think Cancelo is a good fit to defend Dembele. He has more mobility than the likes of Walker. And the same footballing IQ as Dembele ;)

JohnN

Don't think what dembele can do to you. think what you can do to Dembele. Argentina NT demoted him to a second division player.
On the other hand, don't get your hopes up boiz. We had a good spell of games but we are the same team that concedes 5 goals from villareal. Napoli could have eliminated us also. keep it real and let's try to bot get outscored massively

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Napoli was crap, would have been a humilation if that Napoli would have beaten or dominated us. They had good 30min in first leg at the end otherwise we outplayed them.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Gundogan:

“Of course I’d like to face City in the final! But, the main focus is playing in a Champions League final with Barca”, as peer an interview with Diario Sport.

“It would be extraordinary to play them, but it doesn’t matter who is in front of us. City are an extraordinary team and probably the one with the best chance of being in the final.”

Some guys would say he is crazy but i completely agree with this man! Why? Because in a final City will be the worst team of the 3 big teams (Real, Bayern, City), see them against Chelsea or Inter. They are too nervous.

Would also rather play against Bayern in a final than Real. Bayern and City didnt play well in their cl finals, they dont have the confidence of Barca/Real. In a semifinal i would rather play against Real than Bayern/City.

FC B

We should be getting our feet back on the ground for a minute here. Firstly let's speak about how to avoid a defeat / battering at Parc de Princes. A draw would be an excellent result there imo.

Loki

JUST IN: Pedri did NOT complete the training session and everything indicates that he will not be in Paris. However, there is green light for Frenkie and Christensen. The Dutchman's sensations are very, very good.
@fansjavimiguel

Frenkie in, Pedri out. For the better in my opinion.

mc_lovin

Hopefully Frenkie gets his act together defensively. He's been atrocious this season. I literally trust every other mid more than him right now.

jamrock

Doesn't matter he wasn't gonna play anyways, with his history of muscle injuries I'd just bin him for the rest of the season.

Temptation

THE TEMPTATION TAKE ON THIS GAME:

Pedri being out is a positive for Barca. Always looked shite against half-decent opposition in Europe anyways.

De Jong being back is a positive IF Christensen is fit. De Jong needs a DM alongside him in European ties.

Start with:

MATS
Kounde Araujo Cubarsi Cancelo
Gundogan Christensen FDJ
Yamal RL9 Raphinha

Raphinha needs to start coz he puts in a defensive shift and gets G/A.

Ask Yamal to stop being selfish and square the ball and get back on defensive duties against Mbappe.

Gundogan needs to play as the most advanced CM with FDJ back.

Anytime Mbappe has the ball around the touchline, Yamal and Kounde need to double team him. Anytime Mbappe has the ball around left-central areas, Kounde and Araujo need to double team him.
Both Kounde and Araujo are rapid so they should pocket Mbappe together if they are any good.

Give RL9 minimal duties off the ball and tell him to stay in the penalty box and use his impeccable aerial prowess against PSG's short CBs. RL9 will annihilate Lucas and Marquinhos(despite him having a good leap) in the air.

Ferran, Felix and Fermin are all brilliant goalscoring subs that can influence the game.

Play a mid block and avoid a stupid high line against Mbappe.

Don't play defensive! This team can't do that shit! Look to dominate possession in Paris and build up slowly and find Gundogan in those number 10 pockets. Yamal and Frenkie's exceptional ball carrying ability will help in getting the ball to Gundogan in those areas. Raphinha should stay wide and close to the touchline so that Cubarsi can occasionally find him with long diagonals over the top and surprise PSG. Raphinha should practice crossing and cutbacks for the next few days.

Mental preparation is essential. Arrogance is the key(yup!).....play with the assured arrogance of a big giant club against an oil club with no pedigree. Barca need to be very physical and let PSG players know about their presence early on. Pressing PSG's midfielders hard is very important for both the Barca CMs. PSG's midfield is weak and they'll shit the bed under pressure. Show Mbappe on to his left side so that he goes on the outside and tries to cross it. PSG have no forward with instincts in the box to finish those crosses or cutbacks.

PS: Hope Oscar and Xavi are reading this. They need it badly.

Home of Barca Fans