CL quarters: Atletico - Barca (3-2 agg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKS-

At this stage in the CL, when you play at home its practically a must-win. Though, the circumstances here are a bit different given that we haven't won the last two matches. A win will not only be important for advancing in this tournament, but also in finishing the season strong.

Lets make it seven in a row vs Simeone's side. :barcascarf:

FC B

Such a difficult match at such a bad moment. 2-0 wold be a perfect result. I'm a bit afraid ahead of this match.

Gaudi

Any win would be fine, as any win means no more bus in Madrid...so 2:1 is good as well

gasgas

I dont get it why many of you people think that the result is good for us.
It certainly has derailed our morale and caused panick
It also confirmed arsene's words that we can be beaten by a team with good finishers.
Now atletico will play us with high belief that they can beat us

This loss may prove even more costly.

I dont agree with this 'saving urself for another match/competition. That was the hallmark of tata's season.

i_bleed_blaugrana

It also confirmed arsene's words that we can be beaten by a team with good finishers.

I dont agree with this 'saving urself for another match/competition. That was the hallmark of tata's season.

I guess I'm one of the few who thought we were overall the better team against Madrid. We were superior in that 1st half but it was clear either particularly Suarez and Neymar were either tired or saving themselves. Messi was actually very active against Real so I'm not worried about his form and we all know he can flip any game if he sees an opening. For me, particularly if Suarez puts that early chance away, Messi gets that PK call, that game goes a lot differently.

As long as MSN show more sharpness and intensity, I'm confident we will get the right result. We need to score early though. Suarez in particular needs to step it up. He's got to be ruthless.

I'm not upset about losing to Real, but this is the one that matters and I expect much better concentration, execution and intensity from the players. True champions come back stronger when faced with adversity.

raedkuwait

I dont get it how u people think, what is the point then of having 10 point clear , you guys want us to go
100% at every game even though when we have a clear lead in the league , the name of the game is knowing
how to pace our self and not to burn our self out, that game against real madrid we really should have played
with many reserves . most important players just came from a long trip, they need to rest, and the game was not
really important at all, any how i believe the next game on Tuesday will prove my points if our guys go out with full guns blasing
then there u go

Barcilliant

This has the feeling of 13/14 again.

I am sure Simeone will get his side to press hard early, try and capitalise on a mistake and sit on a lead.

If we don't play well the tie could be over in the first leg itself.

Pessimistic..
About our chances

vlad

i cant stand this pessimism, my god, like its not enough when watching barca match on tv and that depressive silence at camp nou, doesnt matter who they play against, always the same, what a fuck, its like barcelona is arsenal and not the best team in the world, team that beat that atletico under lucho 6/6 times, if someone should not be pessimistic its barca fans, on top of la liga and in spanish cup final, but hey, they lost el classico, world is falling apart, they maybe dont win champions league this season and win only la liga, that would be disaster!

Last edited:

ebc_99

Atletico lost to sporting a couple of weeks ago, we lost to Real, it happens and doesn't mean anything for Tuesdays game. I would take any win, even 4:3 or a score draw is not that bad as we have proved time and again that we can beat them in Madrid.

FinBarcelonafan

Atletico lost to sporting a couple of weeks ago, we lost to Real, it happens and doesn't mean anything for Tuesdays game. I would take any win, even 4:3 or a score draw is not that bad as we have proved time and again that we can beat them in Madrid.

Yeah and Atletico played draw vs PSV in two games. That penalty shootout could have gone either way. That's pretty crazy as well. None of these teams are in great form I would say. Atletico is in better shape mentally now though and physically, because they had easy game on saturday. They certainly has edge coming into this game, but it shouldnt be crazy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans