CL quarters: Atletico - Barca (3-2 agg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
The hard part will be scoring two goals to make them come out and play attacking football as they will then need an away goal. Kinda like our home game against Bayern last season, just that it will be even easier to punish an attacking Atletico side than Bayern.

The mistake we can't afford to repeat is letting them score first. That's when it's pretty much over. Playing against their airbus for the rest of the game would be extremely difficult.

Last edited:

malvolio

some people just need to grow a pair...

we played a bad game against fc franco, while they got lucky, and suddenly we are afraid about playing atletico. like wtf?!

Jaguar

Flair Trait
What chances dude? I counted the one...

Tbf I counted a lot of times during the game where it looked easy to score normally from Barca and it was ruined by a bad pass or mistake from one of our players, I was literally banging my head in the first half because normally we'd make a goal out of the space we had at times. I think it could have been a different game had we scored in the first half. Hoping we put in a top performance against Atletico tomorrow, and surprise some of the negative folk around here.

amircule

Atletico failed to score against PSV for freakin' 210 minutes of football. Be optimistic, it's your only option right now.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Tbf I counted a lot of times during the game where it looked easy to score normally from Barca and it was ruined by a bad pass or mistake from one of our players, I was literally banging my head in the first half because normally we'd make a goal out of the space we had at times. I think it could have been a different game had we scored in the first half. Hoping we put in a top performance against Atletico tomorrow, and surprise some of the negative folk around here.
Exactly, not talking about shots on target or chances as clear as Suarez's sitter but many times i screamed at the screen because raki or messi passed it to the wrong player or a cut through pass got intercepted.

serghei

Quietly confident about this one. I think we will win, and if we can end the game without conceding, we will have great chances of going through. Thing is Atletico does not generate more than 1-3 clear scoring chances per game. They usually score via set-piece, or exploit a defensive error made by the other team. More than anything, the defence has to do it's fucking job. Especially Alba and Alves, because we will surely score at least one goal. If they don't score on Camp Nou AM are 90% out. At 0-0 odds would be 50-50, but it's not very likely to stop Barca from scoring on Camp Nou. Last time that happened was vs Malaga probably a year ago or so.

We should not panic and play the game with calmness. 1-0 is a great result. 2-0 would be tie almost over. And MSN should stop being lazy. So far we matched Atletico's intensity, and that's why we are 6/6 wins vs them. The minute they dominate us in intensity and desire, we will struggle. But as long as we put in the same effort with them, things get simpler and the difference in quality shows through.

Last edited:

mazp

Atleti have scored the last few times at the camp nou.. We will concede. I just hope MSN are up for it and Atleti has an off day, like against Sporting at the second leg. My prediction 2-1. Barca

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Guys, we will concede. The key is to not to concede more than one goal and win the game 2:1 or 3:1 if we are lucky. Then we MUST score at Vincente Calderon next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans