CL Round 2: Bayern Munchen - FC Barcelona 2-0

ajnotkeith

This loss is the fault of Lewa. 3 clear chances missed and several others went begging because of poor touches or being tackled by Upamecano.

Score those and game is completely different.

Gaudi

We actually played good, we were beter team, but i hate our weak mentality, we always crumble in this type of games. We can not grid a victory

kattanib

I know Barca lost, but I thought that Barca were the better playing team of the two. Just did not convert the chances.

Think we will beat them at home.

Exactly, this game is comforting. We played Bayer in their stadium, arguably the toughest type of game equivalent to a champions league final yet we were the better team .. with a bit of luck and with time for this team to develop their rhythm we have a bright future

Windhook

Not bitter about this game. Actually I'm quite proud of the team effort as I haven't seen Barca being 0-2 against a giant club to pull themselves together and kept looking for scoring chances in a long, long time. But in the end when you don't score your chances, you concede goals. Not the end of the world, heads up.

Loki

who would have thought that our attack was the weakest part of the whole team. All 3 played absolute shit and Raphina was the worst one. But we played better than bayern and Xavi can build on that. Pedri and Gavi are the future. At home we'll win if our forwards learn to shoot again.

FC B

Good game from Barca, in the first half but horrible game from Lewandowski who missed chances like crazy. Dumbele and Raphinha were also shit, impossible to get a good result there without good offensive play.

kattanib

We actually played good, we were beter team, but i hate our weak mentality, we always crumble in this type of games. We can not grid a victory

I thought the team fought till the end .. they even wanted to score that last corner because they have pride

Co0ter

We played okay. Most of the team is new, so I'm hopeful.

One thing that has nothing to do with the players though at this point is how Xavi is managing the midfield. They are all miles away from eachother and there is always a hole where our DM should be, or a CM should be dropping back for the ball. Just always a giant hole in the middle, and it can't be because everyone is afraid of the ball. Xavi must be designing it that way. I mean Gavi is playing all the way near the sideline half the game...

Also, down 2-0 and he subs on Torres. LOL.

Givenchy

Its the same fucking story every year. We just doesn't seem to learn.

No, it's not the same story this time. We dominated them in the first half and if it wasn't for Lewa shitting his pants over and over again, we could of been 3-0 up at half time. When we conceded that goal, the heads went down which is why the quick 2-0 happened shortly after. Barca of last season would of shipped another 3-4 in this situation and we would be looking at a 5-0 thumping.

Unfortunately, Xavi decided to throw the game by subbing in Ferran and then taking off Dembele thus losing any pace we had upfront.

This Barca team isn't back at the top level just yet but we aren't far away.

kattanib

Not bitter about this game. Actually I'm quite proud of the team effort as I haven't seen Barca being 0-2 against a giant club to pull themselves together and kept looking for scoring chances in a long, long time. But in the end when you don't score your chances, you concede goals. Not the end of the world, heads up.

Well said

Horatio

You're welcome
Tremendous first half. Wasteful with the clear cut chances. Wasn't all too bad. Actually better than I expected. Screw Busquets though.

fergus90

Should have been 2-0 up at half time. Bayern stepped on the gas second half and won the midfield battle.

There are plenty positives to take though.

Home of Barca Fans