CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

I

instinct

am sorry but all the rubish about bayern outplayed us and the r the onse that prevented us from humelating them in the second half is rubish its obvious all and i mean all our players took there foot of the gaz after killing the tie in the first half. i guess they didnt want to embaress pep, but its also human nature u cant play with the same level when u know the tie is over. there is no reason what so ever to try hard, its like in basket ball if u get to the fourth quarter and your leading by 40 points u just dont try to play as hard any more the other team might cut the lead to 10 points does that mean that they.prevented them from extending there.lead!?

Sent from my D5803 using Forum Fiend v1.2.11.

It's sad that you can't accept that Bayern were superior to us in almost all aspects tonight. Like I've said: anyone who expected us to trash them should leave this sport but claiming that the only reason we didn't trash them was because we took our foot of the pedal is simply foolish.

Many Barca fans don't like Bayern and their fans because of their "arrogance" but posts like this show that we a bunch of arrogant fans as well. Therefore, every Bayern fan would have the right to say the same things about our fanbase.

Sad.

Stric

claiming that the only reason we didn't trash them was because we took our foot of the pedal is simply foolish.

I agree. We lost because we took our foot off the pedal, I can agree with that. If we had an incentive to do better, we would have. If we needed to win in order to progress, I'm pretty sure we would have managed that. But there was no way we'd pull a 3-0 or 4-0 away.

StarLord

It's sad that you can't accept that Bayern were superior to us in almost all aspects tonight. Like I've said: anyone who expected us to trash them should leave this sport but claiming that the only reason we didn't trash them was because we took our foot of the pedal is simply foolish.

Many Barca fans don't like Bayern and their fans because of their "arrogance" but posts like this show that we a bunch of arrogant fans as well. Therefore, every Bayern fan would have the right to say the same things about our fanbase.

Sad.

Yes, they were superior tonight, for any number of possible reasons (Barca complacency/Barca fatigue/Bayern simply being better on the night) But we are in the final and they are not. We also completely killed the tie off within 30mns despite their very strong start. The 2nd half was only for bragging rights/saving face etc...

The potential positives out of this game is that it may spur our team to be closer to the ground after our last several triumphs over basically the entirety of European football, and also keep Bayern players/fans/pundits in cuckoo-land into next season as well.

Last edited:

Devils

Sad.

Well with the way that Suarez was exposing their high line in the first half, it might not be unrealistic to assume that we could have won today should by a 2-3 goal margin should he have stayed on.

Once he left though, our attack was completely nullified and our defence and midfield remained rubbish.

Of course, no discredit to Bayern. They were incredible going forward.

Darko

Shame we played such a defensive game and looked incredibly poor in the 2nd half.
Even though I undestand that spending too much energy would not have been wise I expected a win to extend our winning streak and beat the mighty Bayern at the Allianz to have revenge for the 7-0, shame about the Messi/Neymar chance at the end too.
But Bayern played really well and we are one step closer to the treble! :barcascarf:

Autumn

Ugh, who knew winning a CL semifinal with a 3 goal cushion could feel so demoralizing...

I'm very disappointed in the team. Poor play from front to back. Neymar's inability to function anywhere outside of the 18 yard box is getting ridiculous. Pedro and Messi joined him in that regard in the second half too, though. The amount of dangerous attacks that those front 3 handed Bayern is completely unacceptable. I'm also still utterly baffled as to why we choose to play a lesser GK in such important games. Leave him to the CdR, leave Bravo to the CL/Liga.

Bayern were great, we were terrible. This was the most disappointing performance since the loss to Madrid in October. We cannot have these kind of games in such a volatile competition like the CL. Anything can happen in a single match final so we gotta get this deck stacked as heavily in favor of our team as we can...

Suarez was maybe the one highlight. Everyone else was well below their average.

Home of Barca Fans