CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

JamDav1982

Barca's midfield and defence was getting overrun in the first half too, before the Neymar goals.

When I said, Bayern prevented that happening, I'm talking about a 7-0 onslaught.

Part of the reason for midfield and defence getting over run is that Bayern committed so many men forward while Barca kept Neymar, Suarez and Messi up the park knowing would get space on break and open game suited them.

The second half was just a write off as players knew tie was over while Bayern still were desperate for the win as nothing left to play for this season.

I

instinct

Bayern is world-class and nothing less. People who expected us to embarrass them in their own stadium should consider leaving this sport for good.

We didn't play well but Bayern were phenomenal today. We took our chances and killed the tie and now we're in the final. There is absolutely no reason not to be happy right now.

Respect to Bayern and especially their fans. Wonderful support throughout the whole match and a great performance.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Bayern is world-class and nothing less. People who expected us to embarrass them in their own stadium should consider leaving this sport for good.

We didn't play well but Bayern were phenomenal today. We took our chances and killed the tie and now we're in the final. There is absolutely no reason not to be happy right now.

Respect to Bayern and especially their fans. Wonderful support throughout the whole match and a great performance.

:cheers:

Good luck in the final, especially if it is against Real.

Simmelbert

:cheers:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Part of the reason for midfield and defence getting over run is that Bayern committed so many men forward while Barca kept Neymar, Suarez and Messi up the park knowing would get space on break and open game suited them.

The second half was just a write off as players knew tie was over while Bayern still were desperate for the win as nothing left to play for this season.

Well, I agree totally with that first line. That's the Barca strategy this season when they're defending leads. But what that requires is for Barca to win the ball and quickly launch attacks to the trident forward. Here, as soon as Barca won the ball, Bayern won it back or didn't allow them to pass forward. Of course there were some ridiculous mistakes from Bayern on this front...their 1v1 press was so good throughout the game but for the second goal they completely left Messi free to knock header down to Suarez.

I don't agree with your second half evaluation. I agree that the trident completely stopped pressing, but behind them the other players did not look complacent or take their foot off the gas. They were still running and chasing trying to win the ball, and their panicked clearances also provided a glimpse of their state of mind in those moments. Barca are not suddenly going to consciously play like Chelsea and kick the ball out EPL-style.

Of course, the fact that Bayern had nothing to lose also played a part. I won't deny that. Whatever the reasons may be, overall on the night, Bayern were much better than Barca imo. And it wasn't Barca players being "classy" that prevented a 7-0 type score line.

gatsu

There was no fatigue it was absolutely clear that Barça took the foot of the gas, just look at Neymar last chance, trying to give Messi a goal instead of scoring and preventing Bayern from winning, after the second goal Barça was not trying at all, Messi, Iniesta and Neymar walking, and the others just passing the ball without intensity.

I'm confident for the final, we eliminated Bayern easIly without being 100%, we have yet to see the team's full potential

StarLord

Scored two goals late on against Sociedad and could easily have got a third.

Looked more likely to score as that game went on but even then they were trying to do minimum to get win and move on to Bayern game.

For me you are confusing them playing not at full throttle with being tired.

Maybe it's a combination of the two, but my guess is that the primary factor here was fatigue. Probably the most underrated factor by fans and pundits alike in the game of football. Far more important than those tactics and formations that the X-Box generation so passionately blathers on about.

Well, it has nothing to do with class as Mehssi was suggesting.

Probably not.

Either we have different definitions of what a "chance" is, or I was in delirium or something. The only other noteworthy chance I noticed other than the two goals was that shot by Suarez from close-distance which Neuer was able to save.

Rakitic and Messi's instances were not chances according to you? I wonder what better chances than those two Bayern had?

Yannik

lol i just read that Barca's flight back was booked at 0:30 which meant that, if the game actually went to extra time, Barca wouldnt have catched that.
They must have been really confident before the game. :lol: :lol:

raedkuwait

am sorry but all the rubish about bayern outplayed us and the r the onse that prevented us from humelating them in the second half is rubish its obvious all and i mean all our players took there foot of the gaz after killing the tie in the first half. i guess they didnt want to embaress pep, but its also human nature u cant play with the same level when u know the tie is over. there is no reason what so ever to try hard, its like in basket ball if u get to the fourth quarter and your leading by 40 points u just dont try to play as hard any more the other team might cut the lead to 10 points does that mean that they.prevented them from extending there.lead!?

Sent from my D5803 using Forum Fiend v1.2.11.

StarLord

lol i just read that Barca's flight back was booked at 0:30 which meant that, if the game actually went to extra time, Barca wouldnt have catched that.

Why the :lol:?

If anything, they were proven right.

Alen

The mother of all jinxes :lol:

Caramel

People here are so spoiled. I can't believe it.
:rolleyes:

Oh my god. lol

iniesta_8

They knew they would score at least one Goal. This means no extra time;)

Home of Barca Fans