CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

JamDav1982

They couldn't go for the kill because Bayern were better and prevented that from happening. lol as if MSN would just stay back and not try to score goals when given the chance.

Bayern never prevented it from happening.

In the first half Barca could have scored four goals and in second they dropped to first gear as tie was over but Bayern kept fighting wanting to win the game in 90mins.

StarLord

It was lazy from Messi and Neymar but that was to be expected. Pedro in for Suarez also made a huge difference as Barca lost all dynamism up top. The rest of the team was not lazy at all, they were panicking and couldn't handle Bayern.

Our team totally shut them down in the first game. They couldn't get a kick in Spain. The sheer number of games wore us down, Bayern have been in conservation mode for weeks (if not months) now. That was the main factor behind tonight's display.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

In the first half Barca could have scored four goals

Yeah, and Bayern 6 to 7. They didn't however.
Also, I counted 3 good chances for Barca in half 1, 2 of which resulted in goals, what was the other opportunity you refer to?

On a sidenote, I repeat again, don't dare to screw this up in my home city against Real. I will never forgive you if you make them first CL back 2 back champs. I'm dead fucking serious! :p

StarLord

They couldn't go for the kill because Bayern were better and prevented that from happening. lol as if MSN would just stay back and not try to score goals when given the chance.

Barca went for the kill 6 nights ago, plus in the first half tonight and succeeded. Bayern were at 100% trying to save face. We had a must-win game on Saturday that resulted in a very hard-fought victory. Bayern treat their league as a year-long training session. I would wager that that fact is a factor here.

raskolnikov

Is it just me hoping that Real Madrid goes through to the final tomorrow? Only thing bigger than our previous treble would be beating Real Madrid in the final completions the treble. Messi scoring in the final and for a second time beating Ronaldo in a CL final would then be the icing on the cake.

It's a huge risk since it could also mean our worst defeat in club history, but it would be worth it.

Real are innovative and resourceful but so are we, they never stop looking for ways to harm barca and us fans, neither will we:p

JamDav1982

Our team totally shut them down in the first game. They couldn't get a kick in Spain. The sheer number of games wore us down, Bayern have been in conservation mode for weeks (if not months) now. That was the main factor behind tonight's display.

It was nothing to do with tiredness, Barca took foot off gas as tie was won and Bayern needed five goals without reply to progress.

There hasnt been a second half like that at all in recent weeks and you wont see one again as it was not due to them being tired.

jairzinho

It was important for us to factor in the fatigue levels, but we just don't have the type of players to set up shop and at the back like a Juventus. Going into lock down mode to protect a lead will never work for us because we don't have the players or defense to make that happen. We're horrible without the ball, has Lucho forgotten that. ??.

StarLord

Yeah, and Bayern 6 to 7. They didn't however.
Also, I counted 3 good chances for Barca in half 1, 2 of which resulted in goals, what was the other opportunity you refer to?

On a sidenote, I repeat again, don't dare to screw this up in my home city against Real. I will never forgive you if you make them first CL back 2 back champs. I'm dead fucking serious! :p

We had at least four chances in the first half. They two Neymar goals that finished the tie 100%, plus Rakitic, plus Messi from a Neymar cut-back. Maybe there was one more, but I am not sure.

StarLord

It was nothing to do with tiredness, Barca took foot off gas as tie was won and Bayern needed five goals without reply to progress.

There hasnt been a second half like that at all in recent weeks and you wont see one again as it was not due to them being tired.

I think we looked tired both against Sociedad and tonight against Bayern. Of course, Bayern are infinitely better than Sociedad and it showed. People forget what kind of run we have been through in the past few months or so. A comedown was all but inevitable.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

We had at least four chances in the first half. They two Neymar goals that finished the tie 100%, plus Rakitic, plus Messi from a Neymar cut-back. Maybe there was one more, but I am not sure.

Either we have different definitions of what a "chance" is, or I was in delirium or something. The only other noteworthy chance I noticed other than the two goals was that shot by Suarez from close-distance which Neuer was able to save.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Barca went for the kill 6 nights ago, plus in the first half tonight and succeeded. Bayern were at 100% trying to save face. We had a must-win game on Saturday that resulted in a very hard-fought victory. Bayern treat their league as a year-long training session. I would wager that that fact is a factor here.

Well, it has nothing to do with class as Mehssi was suggesting.

JamDav1982

I think we looked tired both against Sociedad and tonight against Bayern. Of course, Bayern are infinitely better than Sociedad and it showed. People forget what kind of run we have been through in the past few months or so. A comedown was all but inevitable.

Scored two goals late on against Sociedad and could easily have got a third.

Looked more likely to score as that game went on but even then they were trying to do minimum to get win and move on to Bayern game.

For me you are confusing them playing not at full throttle with being tired.

Dinho

Barcelona took their foot of the gas after the second goal. Understandable but they shouldn't have played without any intensity at all.

You don't have the players to sit back and defend a lead. It's not in the players' nature, expect Mascherano. Lewandowski made him his bitch on the night.

But the match was won in the first league and Barcelona deserve credit for quickly scoring the all important away goal.

Bayern were terrific in the second half. They played with such intensity. Had Robben and Alaba been fit, it would have been closer on aggregate. But they weren't.

Thiago was very impressive on the night. I still can't believe he got away. He would have been the ideal replacement for Xavi and an aging Iniesta.

footyfan

Calma, calma

In the first half Barca could have scored four goals and in second they dropped to first gear as tie was over but Bayern kept fighting wanting to win the game in 90mins.

Barca's midfield and defence was getting overrun in the first half too, also before the Neymar goals.

When I said, Bayern prevented that happening, I'm talking about a 7-0 onslaught.

Home of Barca Fans