CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

FCBayern

You totally misunderstood me.

I am saying that things you are not saying, but clearly implying with your posts are mostly nonsense.

No one here has claimed (in a serious post, not jokingly) that we will beat you easily. In fact most in here are extremely pessimistic with our team and have been for years now. In fact, this forum tends to overrate Bayern (as well as a few other German teams) all the time.

We respect your team, we know you can beat us, but the things implicit in your statements are mostly wrong.

name one or two for example

StarLord

Sure, tell Pep is over and resign. CL games are decided by small details. I see that happening in Nou Camp as well. Even if you are clear favorites now, still the game is played on the pitch. And by the way I watched the Cordoba game, well the first 20-30 mins, and if you leave such spaces to Bayern even if they play their B team, well it is going to be interesting. And your defense I don't agree it looks solid. If we had Roben, Ribery and Alaba, you would see what I mean..but still tha current squad can exploit it as well. let's see what Pep will do about it.

1. CL games are decided by details most of the time, yes. Like for example when 3 goals that should not have counted, do count. Sometimes, they are decided comprehensively, without any recourse to "details".

2. The game in the Camp Nou may end up very close, or it may end in easy victory for one of the two teams. How can you tell from beforehand?

3. How are we clear favorites, when according to you, our defense is not solid and can be exploited by Bayern easily?

4. Bayern will play their B team? Hmm, I was not aware of that! So, are we clear favorites then against this Bayern B? Or will Bayern B easily exploit our non-solid defense? You have to decide what you are trying to say.

name one or two for example

Moreover, your insinuation over the supremacy of the Bundesliga over La Liga (the Leverkusen v Atletico comment) really flies in the face of reality absolutely.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Ok, maybe you have a point there, but I would not think that Martinez is such a critical part of this tie. He has been out for some time now, very difficult for him to turn up the revs str8 away.

But let's say he is fit, how would set-up Bayern?

Indeed, it's true that Martinez has been out for long, which is why I made reference to his fitness in my original post.

Here's one way Pep could line up:

Neuer
Boateng Benatia Martinez
Lahm Alonso Schweinsteiger Thiago Bernat
Müller Lewandowski

Another is:

Lahm-Boateng-Benatia-Bernat
Thiago-Martinez-Schweinsteiger
Muller-Lewa-Gotze

with Rafinha instead of Lahm and Lahm instead of Schweinsteiger another possibility.

Bayern have so many options in midfield, there's no way to tell what Pep is gonna do.

Of course all of this presumes that Martinez is fit, and even then Barca will be favorites. But that wasn't my original point. My point (in reply to Luftstalag14) was that more than Gotze and Thiago, a fit Martinez is the one who probably will be the bigger presence against Barca.

Last edited:

FCBayern

Neuer
Boateng Benatia Martinez
Lahm Alonso Schweinsteiger Thiago Bernat
Müller Lewandowski

I guess he will play in the very middle of defense if he is to start in a 3 man defense. Rafhinha will be a starter and one of Alonso or Schweinsteiger probably benched. Also Goetze is a doubt given recent performances, but if Lewa is not fit then Goetze will start.
So assuming Martinez starts, perhaps a lineup like below might be more likely:
Neuer
benatia martinez boateng
rafinha lahm tiago schweini/alonso bernat
muller lewandowski (assuming and hoping he plays)

I

instinct

Why not Lahm instead of Rafinha and either Schweinsteiger or Alonso on Lahm's position? Haven't watched Bayern much this season so I can't judge Rafinha's performances especially with Teams who had pacey wingers (like Neymar) but Lahm is the best RB in the world. Wouldn't this be a better choice?

serghei

A big win against Bayern is the first step towards the treble. I'd be super happy with the domestic double, it would be a fantastic season to win both La Liga and Copa. A treble means best team in the world again, fully certified and proven.

FCBayern

1. CL games are decided by details most of the time, yes. Like for example when 3 goals that should not have counted, do count. Sometimes, they are decided comprehensively, without any recourse to "details".

2. The game in the Camp Nou may end up very close, or it may end in easy victory for one of the two teams. How can you tell from beforehand?

3. How are we clear favorites, when according to you, our defense is not solid and can be exploited by Bayern easily?

4. Bayern will play their B team? Hmm, I was not aware of that! So, are we clear favorites then against this Bayern B? Or will Bayern B easily exploit our non-solid defense? You have to decide what you are trying to say.

Moreover, your insinuation over the supremacy of the Bundesliga over La Liga (the Leverkusen v Atletico comment) really flies in the face of reality absolutely.

Well, I will take them one by one, although a waste of time:
1. Well, here I don't understand the second part of your sentence. My point was not to describe any possible scenario, but I am not sure what you mean by the three disallowed goals? Are you referring to the tie Bayern-Barca in 2013?
2. Look up in the dictionary what the word may means. It's first meaning is "expressing possibility", so not trying to foresee the future here, but just implying that this tie is so unpredictable that anything can happen. So I am not telling anything beforehand. If I was I would choose one outcome and use a word that does not imply probability, for exampe, Barca will win, or the game will end in a draw, etc.
3. Well you are favourites, because as I have mentioned in the other posts, you are playing your best XI while we have an injury crisis and missing quite a lot of crucial players, which means we need to have a plan B for this game. Having said that, I still see chances for Bayern given that you don't have a flawless team. Your defense is not smth you brag about and let's be honest your midfield is far from what it was a few years ago when you dominated every team. So what I imply here is that with our best eleven we would be favorites, in the current situation we still might exploit your weaknesses and can do harm (please notice the use of words, can..might..which means still not for sure). is that so difficult to imagine? Your comment makes sense if I would say for example..."your defense will be exploited..." which I don't know before the game.
4. I have elaborated this in the point three. Again the use of words like ..may..can..might ...is crucial in trying to understand the context. yes Bayern is fielding a B team although the quality and depth is still there, imagine if you play without Messi, Neymar or Iniesta and Busquets. Ribery, Roben, Alaba (Lewandoski as well) are the three most influential players in this Bayern and very difficult to replace. And a few others just returned from injuries and don't have enough playing time. So what's so difficult to understand here. Is Barca the same if you remove 3-4 of your best players? The last part of point 4 is not even worth explaining. Too many logical errors and I already elaborated above.

And the last part of your post regarding the supremacy of La liga is still smth you made up or wrongly implied. I said Leverkusen was at the same level with Atleti this year and even dominated them at their stadium. Leverkusen is not Cordoba and Leverkusen was playing for a win with full strength, while Bayern couldn't care much about this game and fielded a B team. So I was trying to answer some post that after your Cordoba win and our loss, you would win like 5-0, (which still could be, but not based on what happened today). And for the record La Liga is superior to Bundesliga, that doesn't mean you cannot compare teams to each other, right?

I hope to have answered your concerns, but I will not drag this any further. may the best team win.

Barcadub

The Sky Sport add for this game is unbelievable.

So pumped for this game. Wish I could post the add here.

FCBayern

Why not Lahm instead of Rafinha and either Schweinsteiger or Alonso on Lahm's position? Haven't watched Bayern much this season so I can't judge Rafinha's performances especially with Teams who had pacey wingers (like Neymar) but Lahm is the best RB in the world. Wouldn't this be a better choice?

Probably it is better, but Pep rarely plays Lahm as RB, while Rafinha seems to be always a starter under Pep. Now that Alaba is injured I am sure 99% he will start. As for his performances, he has been ok mostly. But still, this is a possibility if he plays Martinez under a 3 5 2 system. If he goes for 4 3 3 then Lahm, Alonso, Thiago will be on the midfield, while Muller, Lewa, Gotze in the front. The back four being rafinha, Boateng, benatia and Bernat. But as you know, Pep likes to change a lot and even during that game expect a few changes in the system.

FCBayern

Probably it is better, but Pep rarely plays Lahm as RB, while Rafinha seems to be always a starter under Pep. Now that Alaba is injured I am sure 99% he will start. As for his performances, he has been ok mostly. But still, this is a possibility if he plays Martinez under a 3 5 2 system. If he goes for 4 3 3 then Lahm, Alonso, Thiago will be on the midfield, while Muller, Lewa, Gotze in the front. The back four being rafinha, Boateng, benatia and Bernat. But as you know, Pep likes to change a lot and even during that game expect a few changes in the system.

But if he plays both Alonso and Schweinsteiger in the midfield, we are screwed.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bayern can squeek all they want about being underdogs. Noone is falling for it.
Besides, they had more rest and will have another full week of rest after the first match while can't afford to slip up in the league. Allianz comes only few days after Sociedad. It will be way tougher on Barca.

alittlebitter

their away record in the CL is shit. PLEASE take advantage of that. they couldn't even beat shaktar ffs and that was before the injuries crisis.

I

instinct

Bayern can squeek all they want about being underdogs. Noone is falling for it.

Actually everyone apart from Barca fans consider Bayern as HUGE underdogs, especially in Germany. It's ridiculous since their starting line-up is still one of the best in the world.

StarLord

Well, I will take them one by one, although a waste of time:
1. Well, here I don't understand the second part of your sentence. My point was not to describe any possible scenario, but I am not sure what you mean by the three disallowed goals? Are you referring to the tie Bayern-Barca in 2013?
2. Look up in the dictionary what the word may means. It's first meaning is "expressing possibility", so not trying to foresee the future here, but just implying that this tie is so unpredictable that anything can happen. So I am not telling anything beforehand. If I was I would choose one outcome and use a word that does not imply probability, for exampe, Barca will win, or the game will end in a draw, etc.
3. Well you are favourites, because as I have mentioned in the other posts, you are playing your best XI while we have an injury crisis and missing quite a lot of crucial players, which means we need to have a plan B for this game. Having said that, I still see chances for Bayern given that you don't have a flawless team. Your defense is not smth you brag about and let's be honest your midfield is far from what it was a few years ago when you dominated every team. So what I imply here is that with our best eleven we would be favorites, in the current situation we still might exploit your weaknesses and can do harm (please notice the use of words, can..might..which means still not for sure). is that so difficult to imagine? Your comment makes sense if I would say for example..."your defense will be exploited..." which I don't know before the game.
4. I have elaborated this in the point three. Again the use of words like ..may..can..might ...is crucial in trying to understand the context. yes Bayern is fielding a B team although the quality and depth is still there, imagine if you play without Messi, Neymar or Iniesta and Busquets. Ribery, Roben, Alaba (Lewandoski as well) are the three most influential players in this Bayern and very difficult to replace. And a few others just returned from injuries and don't have enough playing time. So what's so difficult to understand here. Is Barca the same if you remove 3-4 of your best players? The last part of point 4 is not even worth explaining. Too many logical errors and I already elaborated above.

And the last part of your post regarding the supremacy of La liga is still smth you made up or wrongly implied. I said Leverkusen was at the same level with Atleti this year and even dominated them at their stadium. Leverkusen is not Cordoba and Leverkusen was playing for a win with full strength, while Bayern couldn't care much about this game and fielded a B team. So I was trying to answer some post that after your Cordoba win and our loss, you would win like 5-0, (which still could be, but not based on what happened today). And for the record La Liga is superior to Bundesliga, that doesn't mean you cannot compare teams to each other, right?

I hope to have answered your concerns, but I will not drag this any further. may the best team win.

You in fact make very definite statements, and you do not use those modal verbs in your earlier posts (may, can,might)

Let's look at some of your definite statements more closely.

your defense I don't agree it looks solid.

There is no modal verb there. You just assert that our defense does not look solid. Despite the fact that we probably have the best defensive record in Europe this season.

If we had Roben, Ribery and Alaba, you would see what I mean..

What you are here saying is that, if those players were available, we would not have any chance. More or less. That is again a definite statement. If Bayern was at full strength, they would definitely be favorites according to you. Clear as daylight.

yes Bayern is fielding a B team

Haha, wait, what??? Neuer, Boateng, Rafinha, Alonso, Thiago, Bastian, Goetze, Lewa, Lahm, Benatia, Mueller, Bernat etc etc etc are B team players? Maybe I do not know Bayern as well as you do, but this is definitely news to me.

Your defense is not smth you brag about

We are FC Barcelona, we never brag about our defense as a matter of principle, even if it is the best in Europe in this season.

let's be honest your midfield is far from what it was a few years ago

It is not what it used to be yes, but it is still no worse than your own. You have two elders in Alonso and Bastian (both very, very good players) but who are still in their current incarnation significantly inferior to even a greatly diminished Iniesta (always a far superior player to any of those two) Busquets can still very much cut it, and Rakitic is no slouch either. Your best midfielder is Thiago who has been at the top level of football for a grand total of a few weeks. Really, when has Thiago faced Barca/Real/Juve/PSG/City/Chelsea/Juve/SAF United/Mourinho Inter/old Milan etc etc??? I know he seems awesome, but he is yet to play a genuinely big game. Let's wait a bit more for the little fella.

Messi, Neymar or Iniesta

You do not possess such talents (outside of Robben) Messi is by definition irreplaceable and so is Iniesta. We have a higher quality XI than you do, you have a better bench. If we were missing Messi, Neymar and Iniesta, then we would be replacing them with Pedro, Munir and Roberto :lol: We would surely lose and easily so. Our XI is somewhat better than yours, your bench totally pawns ours. Does that make sense? I see a lot of Bayernistas hyping Robben/Ribery/Lahm to the heavens. As good as they were/are, they are all on the wrong side of 30 and decline if not already setting in, is all but inevitable in the immediate future. Do not overestimate your team that has not been tested almost at all this season.

And yes, may the best team win.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans