CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Leo_Messi

Hey all. Bayern fan here. Just came to see a Barca perspective on the upcoming tie. Wednesday is sure to be good game of football, no matter which way it goes. If Barca somehow manages to overcome Bayern (I concede you guys nothing even with our less than ideal circumstances ;) ), I hope you guys go on to win it all, after all can't be as bad as Real Madrid or Juventus winning it!

Also just came to say that, even if your club has changed a bit over the past few years, I and most other Bayern fans have great respect for Barcelona as a team and a club. Even Bayern players like Lahm have always praised Barcelona. So even if you guys think of Bayern as an evil, at least do Bayern fans a favor and either give up already so that we can right the world and beat Real Madrid, or if you guys have to win make sure you guys do it yourselves :)

Welcome to the forum. Quite a lot of Bayern fans have signed up recently. Most of you seem to behave well so far, lol.

I agree with your sentiments as I have a similar view just when it comes to Bayern. The shameful performance of our team in the CL-semifinals of 2012-13, Pep along with Thiago moving to you guys might have created an hostile atmosphere towards your club from mostly younger fans of our club but historically speaking then FCB and BM fans got along pretty well and I always used to cheer for you guys whenever you played against the likes of RM, Man Utd etc.

lessthanjake

Barcelona and Pep's Bayern have been absolutely dominant teams in terms of possession. I wonder which team will have the most possession in these matches. Probably Barcelona at home with Bayern having some injuries, since they'll play more defensively. But it will be interesting.

StarLord

I don't think that Pep will literally park the Airbus A380 as Mourinho would have done but Bayern will definitely have a conservative approach due to their injuries and them playing away from home.

If I was Lucho I would go all in on the first match as we might decide the tie in the first leg if everything goes according to the plan.

Given our current form, the high moral of the team and especially the performances of MSN (granted that Neymar was ridiculously wasteful against Córdoba but he has had a great season overall), Bayern's injuries, lower morale and us playing at the Camp Nou, we simply have to go out and take risks and win.

Me neither, it will not so much prove to be a planned ahead decision, but the circumstances will force it upon them. Which may in fact be a positive development in the end since Bayern do not really have it in them to park the bus Chelsea/Atleti style.

I disagree that we should take risks in the first game. We must be patient and methodical but our intensity must be at 110%. Our players must drop dead once the ref ends the game. Once the opening arises, we should of course go for the kill, but if not, then no need to rush things at all. I would be perfectly happy with a 1-0. It is an excellent scoreline for these games. Even a 0-0 would not be that bad. I am certain that we can beat them on their home ground after a draw in Catalunya. We are not Porto or 10-man Shaktar.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Me neither, it will not so much prove to be a planned ahead decision, but the circumstances will force it upon them. Which may in fact be a positive development in the end since Bayern do not really have it in them to park the bus Chelsea/Atleti style.

I disagree that we should take risks in the first game. We must be patient and methodical but our intensity must be at 110%. Our players must drop dead once the ref ends the game. Once they opening arises, we should of course go for the kill, but if not, then no need to rush things at all. I would be perfectly happy with a 1-0. It is an excellent scoreline for these games. Even a 0-0 would not be that bad. I am certain that we can beat them on their home ground after a draw in Catalunya. We are not Porto or 10-man Shaktar.

I agree. Pep's away record in the CL with Bayern (and before with us) is not that impressive though and IMO the main reason for that can be found in his often conservative approach away from home.

What I meant with taking risks was not to go all out like a senseless drunkard looking for a fight with a physically much stronger doorman but to capitalize on the opportunities given to us. When we spot an opportunity we should go for it immediately instead of trying to walk into the goal as we sometimes tend to do in the league against weaker opponents. That is unlikely to work against Bayern. Lucho has done really well so far against top opponents (on paper that is) though so hopefully the trend will continue against Bayern.

So we don't really disagree. I am not so sure if a 0-0 result would be a good result. I would definitely fell more confident if we won. Especially if we prevented Bayern from scoring or at least limited their goal tally to 1.

StarLord

I agree. Pep's away record in the CL with Bayern (and before with us) is not that impressive though and IMO the main reason for that can be found in his often conservative approach away from home.

What I meant with taking risks was not to go all out like a senseless drunkard looking for a fight with a physically much stronger doorman but to capitalize on the opportunities given to us. When we spot an opportunity we should go for it immediately instead of trying to walk into the goal as we sometimes tend to do in the league against weaker opponents. That is unlikely to work against Bayern. Lucho has done really well so far against top opponents (on paper that is) though so hopefully the trend will continue against Bayern.

So we don't really disagree. I am not so sure if a 0-0 result would be a good result. I would definitely fell more confident if we won. Especially if we prevented Bayern from scoring or at least limited their goal tally to 1.

OK, I get what you mean and I agree.

0-0 is neither good nor bad. Any score draw will see us through, while even the narrowest of defeats will see us out. It will be delicately poised if that were to happen.

Lucho did not only do well on paper against big opponents. He did well against them on all counts. we thoroughly outplayed both Man City and PSG home and away. The scorelines were lenient on both of them and especially City.

On another note, and this is directed to our resident Munchen fans: What was your line-up and what was the scoreline against Shaktar Donetsk when you played them hundreds of miles away from the Donbass Arena (their now bombed home ground) in Lvov?

i_bleed_blaugrana

Hey all. Bayern fan here. Just came to see a Barca perspective on the upcoming tie. Wednesday is sure to be good game of football, no matter which way it goes. If Barca somehow manages to overcome Bayern (I concede you guys nothing even with our less than ideal circumstances ;) ), I hope you guys go on to win it all, after all can't be as bad as Real Madrid or Juventus winning it!

Also just came to say that, even if your club has changed a bit over the past few years, I and most other Bayern fans have great respect for Barcelona as a team and a club. Even Bayern players like Lahm have always praised Barcelona. So even if you guys think of Bayern as an evil, at least do Bayern fans a favor and either give up already so that we can right the world and beat Real Madrid, or if you guys have to win make sure you guys do it yourselves :)

Welcome! I'd like to think this forum for the most part is a classy bunch, personally I've always had a lot of respect for Bayern growing up and obviously when Pep moved there, I've always had a begrudging interest in them, I love Pep's style of football.

My only gripe with Bayern, at least when they won the treble, was how arrogant they were about it, particularly Robben, Schweini in the press after Bayern knocked out Barça. And to be quite fair, we were extremely handicapped that season with the Tito situation and Messi was like 25% fit against Bayern so in many ways, your current injury crisis is almost like history flipping itself. You beat us when we were vulnerable then and no offense but I'm confident we will win you are vulnerable now.

This is why I wanted to wait and see this game as the final, with everyone fully fit and without the chance of away goals.

Even if we win, I'm going to take this win with a grain of salt because we aren't playing your real version. Would have preferred you full strength and on all cylinders as well.

Barcilliant

Bayern rested players. We ddn't. Will it make a difference. I don't think so.si
Pep is the better coach but we are more resilient then in the past and more pragmatic.
This opening match will be a chess match and the away tie will be where it's decided.
I hope I am wrong though and we just blow Bayern away and make the second leg a formality.

Barcilliant

Welcome! I'd like to think this forum for the most part is a classy bunch, personally I've always had a lot of respect for Bayern growing up and obviously when Pep moved there, I've always had a begrudging interest in them, I love Pep's style of football.

My only gripe with Bayern, at least when they won the treble, was how arrogant they were about it, particularly Robben, Schweini in the press after Bayern knocked out Barça. And to be quite fair, we were extremely handicapped that season with the Tito situation and Messi was like 25% fit against Bayern so in many ways, your current injury crisis is almost like history flipping itself. You beat us when we were vulnerable then and no offense but I'm confident we will win you are vulnerable now.

This is why I wanted to wait and see this game as the final, with everyone fully fit and without the chance of away goals.

Even if we win, I'm going to take this win with a grain of salt because we aren't playing your real version. Would have preferred you full strength and on all cylinders as well.

Yes, I remember that.They weren't graceful winners and were bragging about how easy it was. They'll know they're in a football match this time though. Big difference between that side and our current one

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am pretty sure Bayern will take advantage of our relatively weak midfield by heavily pressing our midfield and MSN whenever we have the ball, seeking to overrun our midfield and cut off any support they provide to MSN. And given how important Messi has been in directing our attacking game, they will do their best to shut down Messi so that he doesn't get the ball easily and every time he does, he will be facing two or three Bayern players who will eliminate space from him to pass the ball to. If Messi and the rest of our midfield are overran, Suarez and Neymar won't be able to do much.

This is really making me nervous. I hope Luis Enrique has plans to counter this approach which in my opinion Bayern will definitely deploy.

StarLord

I am pretty sure Bayern will take advantage of our relatively weak midfield by heavily pressing our midfield and MSN whenever we have the ball, seeking to overrun our midfield and cut off any support they provide to MSN. And given how important Messi has been in directing our attacking game, they will do their best to shut down Messi so that he doesn't get the ball easily and every time he does, he will be facing two or three Bayern players who will eliminate space from him to pass the ball to. If Messi and the rest of our midfield are overran, Suarez and Neymar won't be able to do much.

This is really making me nervous. I hope Luis Enrique has plans to counter this approach which in my opinion Bayern will definitely deploy.

Could you please explain to me how their midfield is better than ours?

L

linetty

I just hope that Lucho doesn't jump with a double pivot out of the blue again. That would've had buried us at the very start.

I think the key is motivation. If we don't believe we can make it then why even go out on the pitch.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
I just hope that Lucho doesn't jump with a double pivot out of the blue again. That would've had buried us at the very start.

I think the key is motivation. If we don't believe we can make it then why even go out on the pitch.

The motivation department is secured if you ask me. Semi-Final CL, currently 1st in LL, and Copa Del Rey final. Barça has high percentage to leave with at least 1 trophy. IMO motivation is what got them to where they are.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Here we go! Let's get a good result in the 1st leg :barcascarf: Messi will be kicked out of the game most probably so it is up to Suarez and Ney to do the job.

D10S_JC

Barcelona can easily win. Did Bayern face any top team this season?

And their record against the 2nd to the 5th team in Bundesliga is not impressive.

ManusXavi

. . . . . . Gotze. . . . . . Muller . . . . . . .
. . ^ . . . . . . . . Thiago . . . . . . . . . . . .^
Bernat. . . . Alonso. .Schwein. . . . .Rafinha
. . v . . .Lahm (Marking Messi). . . . . . .v
. . . . . . . . . .Benatia. .Boetang. . . . . .
. . . . . .. . . .. .Neuer . . .. . . . . . .. . . .. .
My predicted Bayern Line Up.

Home of Barca Fans