CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I do remember reading a poll showing Bayern is one of the least favorite teams among all Germans with St. Pauli or another team I forgot what its name is topping the list as the most favorite club.

Why are the Germans hating on Bayern?

They are also the most popular team. Success has always been a two-edged sword.

And Germans, especially the political left, hate success like nothing else. ^^

skn02

I do remember reading a poll showing Bayern is one of the least favorite teams among all Germans with St. Pauli or another team I forgot what its name is topping the list as the most favorite club.

Monopoly comes to mind, what makes them hate Bayern more than buying out the league? Yea, you get it.

Yannik

What do you mean with "least favorite teams"? Bayern is the most hated team in germany, aswell as the most liked.
I'm sure the same applies to Barca and Madrid in Spain.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
the only thing that makes me a positive feel is our midfield.

who will win the midfield battle?

it should be very interessting and also enetertaining!!!

i except a great game of football.

I think your midfield still has a tad more advantage than ours. I hope Lahm plays midfield instead of RB by the way. ;)

I think the game depends on whether or not Pique shows up, cause he's our rock in defense. And whether or not some combination of Messi/Suarez/Neymar/Iniesta shows up, once atleast two of those play well we should score goals. Or atleast if Messi is at his best we won't lose.

Simmelbert

I think your midfield still has a tad more advantage than ours. I hope Lahm plays midfield instead of RB by the way. ;)

i don't know if he have a small advantage. the game will show us :)

yes i think lahm will play in midfield, as a sort of right 8 paaring with some robben runs :D

Yannik

depends on the formation.

you can never say, what the strongest line up. pep changes systems every match.

i think in this season i saw like 12-13 different systems.

yes. If its a 3-forward formation then the strongest front line-up is Robbery with Lewy in the middle. In THAT case, Müller would indeed be a sub.

serghei

I've heard the fans are preping a mosaic with the years in which we won the Cl and the message "we're ready". Almost makes me cry of excitement.

DrPepper

Most unpopular clubs are probably Leipzig and Hoffenheim in Germany. But well, they don't really have many fans.

Reasons why Bayern is hated here (not that I agree with all reasons, though - I mostly dislike their fanbase):

1. Their success
2. Uli Hoeneß + Karl-Heinz Rummenigge
3. Buying star players from other German teams -> Monopoly
4. Most arrogant fanbase in Germany (similar to Man Utd in England)

There's certainly more but can't think of too much atm :p

Egert

Estonian Culé
I've heard the fans are preping a mosaic with the years in which we won the Cl and the message "we're ready". Almost makes me cry of excitement.

Yeah, someone posted that picture some pages ago, you can check that out :) Is going to be amazing

In a strongest Bayern line up Pep benches Muller?

No. Just in that of some Bayern fans who love to play FIFA.

There is the golden rule - start Müller and never substitute him in big matches. It is still valid. I even think that some of the players believe in it. It is like Murphy's Law. You saw it Wednesday again especially with the Germans and their penalties. There were some critical voices over his substitution as he is always good for a late goal - and penalty shoot-outs for sure run different if he takes the first.

Home of Barca Fans