CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Stric

Because if Bayern fails in CL Pep's season would be a "failure" to some extent.

Lucho's season is already a success no matter what happens from now on I think.

I know most people think that way, but when you put it on paper, it's just ridiculous. Pep won Bundesliga, so if he loses, they still have a major trophy. Lucho, on the other hand, is only one loss away from losing La Liga to Real Madrid, and if we lose this on top of that, the CdR will be the only trophy left to fight for. How that is "success no matter what", I can't see.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tbf. One can't compare winning La Liga with opponents we're having and walk in a park for Bayern.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Why is a bayern fan defending Pep while barca fans belittling him, saying he's a failure and other garbage if he doesn't win?
Guys you should behave better towards Pep, he's one of our greatest legends and a coaching genius even if we win.

Stric

Tbf. One can't compare winning La Liga with opponents we're having and walk in a park for Bayern.

Still, I don't see how a season in which we have not secured a single trophy can already be considered a success. Especially compared to someone else's trophy season, even if it was a walk in the park.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I know most people think that way, but when you put it on paper, it's just ridiculous. Pep won Bundesliga, so if he loses, they still have a major trophy. Lucho, on the other hand, is only one loss away from losing La Liga to Real Madrid, and if we lose this on top of that, the CdR will be the only trophy left to fight for. How that is "success no matter what", I can't see.

Losing the bundesliga would be motive for immediate firing I think - though I think their president loves him too much for that to happen - , he can't do that unless he fucks up big time, that trophy is the absolute minimum expected from him, a formality really, especially when bayern buys the likes of Gotze and Lewandowsky to weaken their biggest opponents.

About Lucho, the team is playing amazing football, we have a best11 that works well and Lucho figured it out, if that best11 gets beaten, nothing Lucho could have done about it, doesn't have enough options to play tactical mastermind, none of adriano/montoya/pedro is a sufficient asset to produce a better 11 than the one he's fielding, so with what he has, Lucho is producing the best the team can, can't blame him if that turns out to not be enough.

Last edited:

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
About Lucho, the team is playing amazing football, we have a best11 that works well and Lucho figured it out, if that best11 gets beaten, nothing Lucho could have done about it, doesn't have enough options to play tactical mastermind, none of adriano/montoya/pedro is a sufficient asset to produce a better 11 than the one he's fielding, so with what he has, Lucho is producing the best the team can, can't blame him if that turns out to not be enough.

No, I don't agree at all.
Lucho barely scrapped by with messi's goat performance in the first half of the season while he had trouble picking a team.
I believe there are other much better coaches suited for us.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He didn't have trouble picking the team. It's called rotation. You know, one of the main reasons we're looking good now and without injuries.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
No, I don't agree at all.
Lucho barely scrapped by with messi's goat performance in the first half of the season while he had trouble picking a team.
I believe there are other much better coaches suited for us.

Hmm, I'm Messi's biggest fan but truth is he (arguably) only activated goat-level starting January, but that's not the subject.

If you read Lucho's thread, i've been one of his biggest critics, did he push rotations too far ? I think so, but looking back on it, may be, just may be, he was also wishing to find a gem of a combination that would include one of our youngsters, it's just turned out that the best combo was the obvious one, no one stood up.

About criticizing Pep, well, he's not our coach now, Lucho is, Pep is a barça legend, and if he ever comes back home he will be threated like one, but right now, he's coaching a team I don't like very much, probably instructing Xabi & Schweini to hit Messi as hard as the ref allows, so ... if he can have a massive brainfart against us and lose miserably, i'll be smiling :)

Last edited:
He didn't have trouble picking the team. It's called rotation. You know, one of the main reasons we're looking good now and without injuries.

was a bit of both to be fair. Part was intentional rotation from day one, part was Lucho's own hesitations.

Anyway, it paid off big time.

Devils

rly? we miss our three most important key players, have won the league and are in the cl semis.

if we go out, ok....

next season is coming!

Your league is a shit trophy and isn't a testament to your quality as an elite team. The champions league is, however. Everyone knows this including Pep. If he doesn't win the CL then Bayern's season is a failure.

I said it before but that trophy could be given to Bayern in September and it wouldn't make a difference. Not only are they a lightyears ahead of every other team, they have also made it impossible for anyone to incentivize building and challenging through the message they sent by completely dismantling BvB.

Last edited:

Yannik

Your league is a shit trophy

:rolleyes:

they have also made it impossible for anyone to incentivize building and challenging through the message they sent by completely dismantling BvB.

How exactly did Bayern make it impossible for BVB to build something? If I remember correctly Bayern has 2 players from BVB, not 10.
The first one is worldwide labelled as a disapointment from anyone including this forum aswell as the BVB fans themselves, BVB received 37m for that guy. Could have bought Eriksen from that money and still have 20m to spare, went for the Armenian flop and the fastest haircut of africa. Simply fucked up the scouting. I mean Eriksen even SAID he wants to move to Dortmund, and yet they refused him.
Second one is a free agent, this guy was leaving BVB, completely irrelevant wether Bayern or Real went for him, he would NOt have stayed in Dortmund at whatever case. Bayern is not to blame for him wanting to leave Dortmund. They just snatched him up, because what a smart management is suppsoed to do. If Ronaldo would be a free agent, dont you think Barca would appear a bit interested?

Now
If Dortmund puts release clauses on their best player (Reus) and their former best talent (Götze) is that Bayerns fault?
If Dortmund receives a shitload of money for one of the mentioned players but fails to spend it into proper replacements, is that Bayerns fault?
If Dortmund refuses to sell one of the most wanted strikers in europe for a big fee a year before his contract runs of, is that Bayerns fault?
And most importantly:
If Dortmund sits parttime on the 18th place (last) in the league with a squad-worth of 319,90M EUR (2nd highest in the league), is that Bayerns fault?

People should stop trying to blame anything about BVBs flop season on the "evil Bayern". At some point its becoming boring.

Last edited:

Blaugrana Man

I won't be sleeping tomorrow, friends.

Can't remember the last time I was this excited for a football match. I want that revenge bad.

Devils

:rolleyes:

How exactly did Bayern make it impossible for BVB to build something? If I remember correctly Bayern has 2 players from BVB, not 10.
The first one is worldwide labelled as a disapointment from anyone including thisforum, BVB received 37m for that guy. Could have bought Eriksen from that money, went for the Armenian flop. Simply fucked up the scouting.
Second one is a free agent, this guy was leaving BVB, completely irrelevant wether Bayern or Real went for him, he would NOt have stayed in Dortmund at whatever case. Bayern is not to blame for him wanting to leave Dortmund.

Now
If Dortmund puts release clauses on their best player (Reus) and their former best talent (Götze) is that Bayerns fault?
If Dortmund receives a shitload of money for one of the mentioned players but fails to spend it into proper replacements, is that Bayerns fault?
If Dortmund refuses to sell one of the most wanted strikers in europe for a big fee a year before his contract runs of, is that Bayerns fault?
And most importantly:
If Dortmund sits parttime on the 18th place (last) in the league with a squad-worth of 319,90M EUR (2nd highest in the league), is that Bayerns fault?

Those two players were fundamental to that team, everyone knows that replacing them would next to impossible for BvB. It's not a coincidence their downfall started as soon as they lost Gotze and then went even further with Lewandowski. And you know that Bayern were luring him in since 2012/2013. Even Jupp said that Lewandowski will join Bayern.

http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/209071.html

Just lol!

Bayern: If you can't beat em, buy em.

You can make all the excuses you want for Bayern, it doesn't matter. Whether you like it or not, Bayern had a large role to play in the monopolization of that league and catalyzed the BvB degradation. Also that league trophy is worthless compared to Liga or EPL nowadays. Like Mourinho implied recently, even a kit boy would be able to win that league with Bayern.

Last edited:
Those two players were fundamental to that team, everyone knows that replacing them would next to impossible for BvB. It's not a coincidence their downfall started as soon as they lost Gotze and then went even further with Lewandowski. And you know that Bayern were luring him in since 2012/2013. Even Jupp said that Lewandowski will join Bayern.

http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/209071.html

Just lol!

Bayern: If you can't beat em, buy em.

You can make all the excuses you want for Bayern, it doesn't matter. Whether you like it or not, Bayern had a large role to play in the monopolization of that league and catalyzed the BvB degradation. Also that league trophy is worthless compared to Liga or EPL nowadays. Like Mourinho implied recently, even a kit boy would be able to win that league with Bayern.

Götze never played the main role in that team. He was the hyped talent, yes, but he was injured to often and it was others that consistently stood out. Actually it was Real Madrid that bought their best player after 2010/11 with Sahin and United that did the same in 11/12 with Kagawa.

But - no matter what - Bayern was ahead in the league already in 12/13 with 25 points when BVB still had both of them in the squad. And 19 in 2013/14.

And especially Barca fans should know why Mourinho said that...

Home of Barca Fans