CL semis: Bayern - Barca 3-2 (3-5 agg.)

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
We should really learn from Bayern about squad depth, I mean they play in weaker league than ours with 18 teams and yet they have the deepest squad in the world. Now this season we really are stacked with CBs and we can see how useful that is, we can even afford to give one of our CBs a paid holiday (at hospital), but the same can't be said about our attack, fullbacks or midfield (especially after Xavi will leave).

Last edited:

trsn

Ok, that's great to hear from a Bayern fan, but some of the Bayern fans here don't think quite the same. Don't feel like finger pointing. So, kudos to you.

Probably the most bayern fans are thinking like that. From these 3 teams (Real, Barca, Juve) I would cheer for Barca if we are out of the competition. You just misunderstand maybe the most bayern fans.

We were last season a bit unlucky and shocked about semi-final against Real. This tie we have again not a full fit bayern team. This season we have much more injuries. I think the CL-winner will be one of the game "bayern-barca". But lets not be angry each other. Im very exciting about tomorrow. :)

DrPepper

I'd also trust a Piqué-Bartra pairing more than Matthieu.

Nothing against the frenchmen, but he doesn't give me nearly enough tranquility going on against Bayern.

Why? Aside from sympathy reasons there's no reason to suggest that Bartra would do better than Mathieu. Passing stat-wise there's also no sign that Mathieu is considerably worse than Pique or Mascherano. In fact, passing accuracy is pretty much on par.

Kind of proves my point about people being ungrateful with Mathieu's contribution and downplaying them too much. We would be trailing behind Real Madrid in the league since Mathieu won us 4 points, while doing a solid enough job defensively. Whereas Mascherano has never scored for us in his career. Don't remember Mathieu giving up a vital goal as well.

As StarLord says choosing between Mathieu and Mascherano is going to be a compromise. I personally prefer the added height and set piece threat he brings, combined with the fact that Bayern do like to cross the ball to create scoring chances. Lewandowski, Müller and Schweinsteiger running from deep can be aerial threats we should be wary of.

And since Pep keeps the ball, I except possession stats to be fairly equal between both teams, which means our defence will have to do more organised (box) defending, whereas normally most we do in a match is defending in transition phases. Mascherano excels in the latter part, but not very much in the first.

Last edited:

BarcaGirl

So, Neuer wants to "show messi who’s Boss" ..okay excuse me while i vomit all over you and your 0 ballon d’ors you pathetic little shit.

Yannik

He was still an instrumental player for them during their rise and hailed as a golden boy of BvB. Granted he is shit now and is looking like a failure hilariously after his transfer like Sahin and Kagawa.

My point still stands though. I admit BvB are morons for putting low clauses on their players. But does anyone honestly believe that Bayern weren't licking their lips in delight at the thought of making themselves stronger while taking away fundamental players from BvB? It's a win-win for them and ensures that the BuLi title is theirs at ease every season but at the same time it's also severe hit to the quality and reputation of the Bundesliga. Not that Bayern seems to care, given their automatic trophy.

Pretty sure if Barca would have been handed the opportunity to sign Ronaldo, Modric, Bale etc for low release clauses and free agent deals they would be like "lol no" because of morals, you know. :lol: :lol:

Morten

I'm not talking about quality, I'm talking about the fact that there is no other club in La Liga who could match us and Real Madrid in any way.

Well, except for maybe Bayern, i cant think of any team in Europe who can match Barcelona/Real Madrid over a season either. Certainly there are clubs that can match us on a good day, over a game or two, but not over 38 matches.

nnao

So, Neuer wants to "show messi who’s Boss" ..okay excuse me while i vomit all over you and your 0 ballon d’ors you pathetic little shit.

What the fuck? Do you just enjoy not reading articles and love just gleaning everything off click-bait headlines?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans