Claudio Bravo

serghei

Exactly, adding last season and 5 or 6 more games like Sunday's, he could become best GK in the world and should likely end up short-listed for the Ballon d'Or.

How can you use Bravo's last season in an ironic fashion is beyond comprehension for me. Take the games vs Valencia for example, which played an important part in separating us from Madrid, considering we took all points and Real barely took 1 and lost the league that night as well. Who was man of the match in both games? Bravo, two clean sheets against a Valencia team that had a lot of chances to score, including a penalty. But hey, go ahead, be ironic.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
What are you talking about?!? You said it wasn't just one game that built Bravo's reputation, and I just said that yes, add last season as well as last game, and throw in 5 or 6 more to come!

No irony here.

serghei

What are you talking about?!? You said it wasn't just one game that built Bravo's reputation, and I just said that yes, add last season as well as last game, and throw in 5 or 6 more to come!

No irony here.

I see, so you think he's gonna become the best keeper in the world and he'll be on the Ballon d'Or shortlist? If that's not irony I don't know what it is, because there is no way that is ever going to happen.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I see, so you think he's gonna become the best keeper in the world and he'll be on the Ballon d'Or shortlist? If that's not irony I don't know what it is, because there is no way that is ever going to happen.

So you don't think Bravo is good enough and deserving enough to be included in that praise?

serghei

So you don't think Bravo is good enough and deserving enough to be included in that praise?

That praise meaning the best goalkeeper in the world and a Ballon d'Or finalist? No. I've never said someting that should suggest I am placing Bravo that higher. I think he's the best keeper in Spain though.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
That praise meaning the best goalkeeper in the world and a Ballon d'Or finalist? No. I've never said someting that should suggest I am placing Bravo that higher. I think he's the best keeper in Spain though.

I didn't say finalist, only short-listed, as in the 23 player short-list FIFA releases. And considering no one, outside of Messi, is the undisputed best at his position, shouldn't Bravo based on his stats and titles be considered, arguably, the best GK right now, taking into account last season all comp, last Sunday's great game, and a hopefully 5-6 more games like it to close out the year?

I don't think you're praising Bravo as much as he deserves if you don't agree with this.

serghei

I didn't say finalist, only short-listed, as in the 23 player short-list FIFA releases. And considering no one, outside of Messi, is the undisputed best at his position, shouldn't Bravo based on his stats and titles be considered, arguably, the best GK right now, taking into account last season all comp, last Sunday's great game, and a hopefully 5-6 more games like it to close out the year?

I don't think you're praising Bravo as much as he deserves if you don't agree with this.

I wasn't that familiar with the term short-list and what it means exactly, I though it was a synonim for the 3 finalists, like in Messi, Xavi, Iniesta in 2010. In this case, he deserves to be there based on his achievements with club and country last season, but I still don't think he can become the best keeper in the world, given that he is not young. I think he's top 5 (more on the end of the top), but not likely to move up from there.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I rate him above courtios tbh. Right now he is one of the best goal keepers in the world. Only Neuer can be placed above him maybe.

I

instinct

Bravo has the potential to become a Barca legend IMO. We wouldn't have won the treble without him and I'm eternally grateful. Therefore, I agree with the above mentioned posts which support the obvious fact that he's close to becoming the best GK in the world.

zanela

6 of the last 10 Zamoras have been won by a Barca keeper. Our style of play would suggest our keepers would always be in contention. The two times won by an Atlético keeper came whilst playing behind Simeone's masterclass defense, whilst the same keeper elsewhere is now conceding a goal/game, having made a certain harry kane in to an overnight sensation, getting beat from half-way line, being erroneous, and sent off in a season opener (now twice already in his short career).

Which begs the question, how much of a keeper's recognition has to do with his ability alone, and how much of it is influenced by the overall defensive organisation/team philosophy?

And going by calls for Ballon d'Or listings for Bravo after one season (a quality one no doubt), I wonder if we, Barca fans, under-appreciated the multiple LL-CL-zamora winner VV.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
6 of the last 10 Zamoras have been won by a Barca keeper. Our style of play would suggest our keepers would always be in contention. The two times won by an Atlético keeper came whilst playing behind Simeone's masterclass defense, whilst the same keeper elsewhere is now conceding a goal/game, having made a certain harry kane in to an overnight sensation, getting beat from half-way line, being erroneous, and sent off in a season opener (now twice already in his short career).

Which begs the question, how much of a keeper's recognition has to do with his ability alone, and how much of it is influenced by the overall defensive organisation/team philosophy?

And going by calls for Ballon d'Or listings for Bravo after one season (a quality one no doubt), I wonder if we, Barca fans, under-appreciated the multiple LL-CL-zamora winner VV.

God dammit Zanela!!!

serghei

He was one of the best keepers at the World Cup and the best keeper at Copa America, having captained Chile to a historic win. I'd say Bravo's ability is clear and documented now, so suggesting that Barcelona is in fact the only platform that allows Bravo to look great is just not true, in the light of recent results. Valdes didn't look great in any team outside Barcelona btw.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans