Claudio Bravo

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He was one of the best keepers at the World Cup and the best keeper at Copa America, having captained Chile to a historic win. I'd say Bravo's ability is clear and documented now, so suggesting that Barcelona is in fact the only platform that allows Bravo to look great is just not true, in the light of recent results. Valdes didn't look great in any team outside Barcelona btw.

Yeah, his ability was clear and documented at Real Sociedad too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Keylor Navas was also the best keeper in La Liga in 2013-14 and had a very good WC too, then he went to Real Madrid and the rest is history.

Valdes has gotten seriously underrated here for his contribution for us ever since he left.

zanela

He was one of the best keepers at the World Cup and the best keeper at Copa America, having captained Chile to a historic win. I'd say Bravo's ability is clear and documented now, so suggesting that Barcelona is in fact the only platform that allows Bravo to look great is just not true, in the light of recent results. Valdes didn't look great in any team outside Barcelona btw.

Ospina, for example, had a great WC, and a more impressive Copa America, personally. Not discounting his post-injury season with ARS either.

Not sure what you mean by VV not looking great in any other team outside Barca. Pretty much all of his sen. career, he spent as a Barca keeper. If you are referring to his Intl career, guess what, he has a ratio of 0.5 goals/game for SPA, and if you're alluding to his stint with ManU, then that's awkward, and reeks desperation on your part to be judging him on the basis of all of 2 matches, and that after more than 1 year of injury layoff.

DonAK

Valdes in his last season > Bravo and ter Stegen so far IMO

The times he saved us and pulled off incredible individual displays with DAT "defence" is yet to be matched by any of the two new guys in the block. He was on full beast mode until his injury which along with Pique's injury practically ended our season.

Last edited:

serghei

Ospina, for example, had a great WC, and a more impressive Copa America, personally. Not discounting his post-injury season with ARS either.

Bravo won the Copa America and was an important part of that Chile team. He was bettter than Ospina. Ospina and his team didn't even make the semis.

If you are referring to his Intl career, guess what, he has a ratio of 0.5 goals/game for SPA, and if you're alluding to his stint with ManU, then that's awkward, and reeks desperation on your part to be judging him on the basis of all of 2 matches, and that after more than 1 year of injury layoff.

Ratio of 0.5 goals/game for SPA. How many games though? :lol: His presence at the World Cup and European Championship is non-existent. His international career is much worse than Bravo's, and I don't see why anyone would try to dispute that, because you simply can't.

DonAK

Unfair to hold Valdes' Spain career against him. Had Bravo had Casillas in his prime in the same team then he would have been warming the bench too.

Alen

Bravo won the Copa America and was an important part of that Chile team. He was bettter than Ospina. Ospina and his team didn't even make the semis.

Ratio of 0.5 goals/game for SPA. How many games though? :lol: His presence at the World Cup and European Championship is non-existent. His international career is much worse than Bravo's, and I don't see why anyone would try to dispute that, because you simply can't.

So, if Bravo had been Spanish, he'd have more involvement and a better international career?

serghei

Unfair to hold Valdes' Spain career against him. Had Bravo had Casillas in his prime in the same team then he would have been warming the bench too.

Unfair from me, or from Zanela, who tied Bravo's ability with the fact that he's playing for Barca, completely and conveniently forgetting that the man just won the Copa America a few months ago with Chile being great in the process? I didn't bring Valdes into this, so I'm not the one who is not fair on Valdes. A discussion about Valdes' career at NT level doesn't make him favours, and that's just the way it is. A reality.

DonAK

Bravo is not spanish. I deal with real situations, not what ifs.

Okay, let's deal with situations then.

Valdes' club career is 10x the club career of Bravo. You can't even dispute that. Triple CL winner with match winning saves in two of them. Multiple La Liga and CDR titles. Incredible individual season in what was his last season for us.

serghei

Okay, let's deal with situations then.

Valdes' club career is 10x the club career of Bravo. You can't even dispute that. Triple CL winner with match winning saves in two of them. Multiple La Liga and CDR Winner. Incredible individual season in what was his last season for us.

I didn't say Bravo had a better career. I said he is a top 5 keeper in the world at the moment. And zanela went on to imply this is only about him playing at Barcelona, when it's not. Bravo's great performances last season happened most times he played, whether it was for Barcelona or for Chile.

spark

Ospina conceded 1 goal and only went out on penalties all the while making saves he had no right to.Not his fault he didn't have a Jara to give him an extra hand (finger :whistle:). Basically for you whoever wins is the best then? In that case what about Romero, after conceding less than Bravo and winning the same amount of shout outs in the tournament?

Last edited:

DonAK

I didn't say Bravo had a better career. I said he is a top 5 keeper in the world at the moment. That's it. And I said Bravo's career with Chile is much better than Valdes' with Spain. I agree that Bravo's career with Barca is special and will not be topped anytime soon.

You said Valdes has not looked good with any team apart from Barca, even though he's played TWO games for Man Utd and done well whenever he played for a Spain team with a prime Casillas leading the starting place.

Valdes in his supposedly only good time with Barca is more impressive than what Bravo has done so far in his entire career.

serghei

You said Valdes has not looked good with any team apart from Barca, even though he's played TWO games for Man Utd and done well whenever he played for a Spain team with a prime Casillas leading the starting place.

Valdes in his supposedly only good time with Barca is more impressive than what Bravo has done so far in his entire career.

At club level, sure, Valdes is way superior. At NT level Bravo is superior. It's like that. I don't see how saying Valdes has not looked good with any team apart from Barcelona is not true. Warming the bench at Spain NT and United is looking good to you?

Alen

Bravo is not spanish. I deal with real situations, not what ifs.

Nice reply, you got me there.

I somewhat agree with you. Undermining Bravo's performances and reducing them to a consequence of playing for Barcelona is too much. But saying it doesn't have anything to do with it is just the same. Barcelona were pretty dominant last year, winning Copa and CL without Bravo.

Home of Barca Fans