Claudio Bravo

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Can't see the subtitles but I understood few things and he sounded classy.
"We don't train to draw matches". And then praised Espanyol too.

Observer

Banned
Raw Transcript

Interviewer: We salute the chilean and we ask Claudio what are your impressions in a game that from the beggining looked like Espanyol planted a minefield
Claudio: It was logical but we knew what were facing today, we tried every way we could and they played their game. We came to get a positive result (which was the 3 points), we are left with a bitter taste. It's an important point but our team demands that we go for the win.
Interviewer: Not winning for Barca is a step back?
Claudio: Not a step back I guess we'll see at the end of the season but we dont train to draw games or to defend a result. We play to win and to play good, to give a good show for the fans. We faced a fresh team in Espanyol who knew how to play the part. We tried unsuccessfully, it wasn't our day.
Interviewer: There was some great football display in the first 15 mins of second half, why couldn't you capitalize and offer more of the same?
Claudio: I think all credit goes to Espanyol. Maybe the field wasn't too propper but I dont like to use that as an excuse. We looked for it actively but they did a job good neutralizing our efforts in every possible way.

xXKonan

CYTI5YfW8AAWN6U.jpg

Observer

Banned
Claudio was already great with Chile & Unzue had a good eye for talent.

Not sure where Lucho falls in the puzzle except for the GK rotation.

God Serena

Claudio was already great with Chile & Unzue had a good eye for talent.

Not sure where Lucho falls in the puzzle except for the GK rotation.

Before Lucho and Unzue brought him in he was mediocre at best for La Real. The way he's performing now is unlike anything we've seen from him before signing for our club.

Observer

Banned
Before Lucho and Unzue brought him in he was mediocre at best for La Real. The way he's performing now is unlike anything we've seen from him before signing for our club.

Chile performance in previous QF/WC, last season with La Real & Copa America disagrees, that's why he was brought on.

As Mandrake once said, ppl who followed his career knew he could be a good asset, others got stucked with an image when Barca & Real were trashing everyone, dismissed the level of La Real (a team that spent 3 seasons in 2nd division with Claudio winning Zamora to ascend) & forgot to watch his career with NT where he matured the position. I think I trust more in the opinion of experienced coaching staff rather than ppl that only watch big transfer & young-hype Youtube compilation videos.

He elevated his level in Barca yes, but he was never a Pinto or the waterboy your trying to describe. Telling the story like Geppetto making Pinocchio a live puppet is facepalm worthy, given that LE has nothing to do with it except the rotation. Competition, self motivation, opportunity, performance & stats makes the entire case. The rest is just a poor attempt of making yourself feel better because the dark side of your derriere is still itching from WCW. Get over it already, we won, be happy, case closed.

Last edited:

God Serena

Chile performance in previous QF/WC, last season with La Real & Copa America disagrees, that's why he was brought on.

As Mandrake once said, ppl who followed his career knew he could be a good asset, others got stucked with an image when Barca & Real were trashing everyone, dismissed the level of La Real (a team that spent 3 seasons in 2nd division with Claudio winning Zamora to ascend) & forgot to watch his career with NT where he matured the position. I think I trust more in the opinion of experienced coaching staff rather than ppl that only watch big transfer & young-hype Youtube compilation videos.

He elevated his level in Barca yes, but he was never a Pinto or the waterboy your trying to describe. Telling the story like Geppetto making Pinocchio a live puppet is facepalm worthy, given that LE has nothing to do with it except the rotation. Competition, self motivation, opportunity, performance & stats makes the entire case. The rest is just a poor attempt of making yourself feel better because the dark side of your derriere is still itching from WCW. Get over it already, we won, be happy, case closed.

Such an incredible amount of butthurt over the smallest comments.

serghei

The current level of Claudio Bravo means most people underestimated him when the transfer was made. It is not possible to go from shit to best keeper in the league in less than a year without having certain key qualities (talent, experience, great personality, exemplary work ethic etc.).

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
He did show some skill before tho:

Liga BBVA Zamora trophy:
12/13 5th
11/12 7th
06/07 6th

At Segunda:
08/09 2nd

He needed the move and he's at his peak. That's why he's so good.

Nucky

I agree with the last two posts. Bravo was already a good kepper.. Too bad he isn't 5-6 years younger so we could have him longer..

Home of Barca Fans