Claudio Bravo

F

Flavia

Not at all, your deviating btw. We talking about GKs, keep up

Lol, right. I forgot this is an individual sport. Defense being shambolic at the start of the season didn't matter. Point is Bravo didn't win all he played, neither did mats. They're both part of the same team.

Observer

Banned
Defense (CBs particularly) has been "shambolic" most of the season so far to the point is not even a valid parameter. Consistency is a goal for 2016.

Mats was injured at the start of last season, Bravo at the start of this. Somehow it's been used as an argument to explain a bunch of things regarding the GK performance/role/pick.

I dont buy it

Last edited:

God Serena

Defense (CBs particularly) has been "shambolic" most of the season so far to the point is not even a valid parameter. Consistency is a goal for 2016.

Mats was injured at the start of last season, Bravo at the start of this. Somehow it's been used as an argument to explain a bunch of things regarding the GK performance/role/pick.

I dont buy it

What does this have to do with your comment that has now been blown out of the water?

If you want to mention the Supercup, then it applies to both keepers, and your argument is invalid. If you want to ignore it, then both keepers have won all competitions they've played in, and your argument is invalid.

The supercup can hardly be counted against either keeper as it was a systematic failure on the part of the entire team. I know you're one of the resident Bravo fanboys on the forum but surely even you can recognize that much.

God Serena

What's this arguing? Bravo is superb and on top of his game and we are damn lucky we have him.

Indeed we are. We are also incredibly lucky to have a talent like Mats. These suggestions that Mats isn't needed because of Bravo are the reason we argue.

Mandrake

Is there a point in arguing about Bravo, to the forum's resident Bravo fanboy? No, I think I'd rather not waste my time.

Besides, as far as I am aware , STARTERS play the Champion's League.

Barca doesn't have a starting keeper. We have a league keeper and a cup keeper. If Bravo starts over Ter Stegen against Arsenal, then and only then, would I consider him an absolute starter.

Good to know you don't want to argue but keep quoting my posts :wave:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Good to know you don't want to argue but keep quoting my posts :wave:

ff95420188941282aadca3981aafc31195636a4225a41968612fb70f24cb6d01.jpg

What's this arguing? Bravo is superb and on top of his game and we are damn lucky we have him.

We can't seem to agree on how long we think Bravo will be at the top of his game. Mr. Mandrake says 5+ seasons. I give him 3. Nothing major really.

Kerrybai

ff95420188941282aadca3981aafc31195636a4225a41968612fb70f24cb6d01.jpg

We can't seem to agree on how long we think Bravo will be at the top of his game. Mr. Mandrake says 5+ seasons. I give him 3. Nothing major really.

Mandrake didn't he will absolutely be playing at the top of his game for 5+ seasons, he was just suggesting it as a possibility.

In the end the obvious solution is to loan Stegen for 1-2 seasons or perhaps until Bravo shows an obvious decline, and in the mean time buy a decent back up who will happily sit on the bench.

God Serena

Mandrake didn't he will absolutely be playing at the top of his game for 5+ seasons, he was just suggesting it as a possibility.

In the end the obvious solution is to loan Stegen for 1-2 seasons or perhaps until Bravo shows an obvious decline, and in the mean time buy a decent back up who will happily sit on the bench.

Your obvious solution is madness. Stegen has proven he's good enough to be our keeper. There is no reason for him to leave. Give him the consistent minutes Bravo gets and I can promise you with far more accuracy than "Bravo will be good for X amount of seasons because reasons!" that he would be great for us as well. He's doing well in the cups and there's no reason to drop him, no matter how well Bravo is playing.

Kuchi

I honestly think steven gets enough minutes, considering the fact that Bravo is clearly better since last year and counting.

Kerrybai

Your obvious solution is madness. Stegen has proven he's good enough to be our keeper. There is no reason for him to leave. Give him the consistent minutes Bravo gets and I can promise you with far more accuracy than "Bravo will be good for X amount of seasons because reasons!" that he would be great for us as well. He's doing well in the cups and there's no reason to drop him, no matter how well Bravo is playing.

Where is the madness in allowing Ter Stegen to get full minutes at another team while Bravo plays out his best years ? That's logical , not madness.

Bravo is currently a level above his younger counterpart and this we should get the most out of him.

Xtroverto

This guy is the best GK Barsa has had since sliced bread was invented, never commit suicide like some others I wish not to mention. I sure hope he will remain for the foreseeable future as Ter Stegen gives me Bambi on ice sensations every time he is playing.

Last edited:
Where is the madness in allowing Ter Stegen to get full minutes at another team while Bravo plays out his best years ? That's logical , not madness.

Bravo is currently a level above his younger counterpart and this we should get the most out of him.

Couple of problems right there.

1. We don't have a back-up for MaTS if he leaves. And surely even if we do get one if he does, the player surely won't have the same quality. Masip is not a back-up goalie that any team trying for a place in the CL never mind trying to win it.
2. Bravo isn't clearly a level superior over MaTS, he's better no doubt but the difference isn't as great as you're implying. MaTS has done pretty darn well with how his minutes are distributed. It's really hard for a goalie to be on top of his game if his minutes are not consistently in a row.​

This guy is the best GK Barsa has had since sliced bread was invented, never commit suicide like some others I wish not to mention. I sure hope he will remain for the foreseeable future as Ter Stegen gives me Bambi on ice sensations every time he is playing.

If you get Bambi on ice sensations every time he plays, I wonder how bad the Leverkusen game was for you.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

MAtS is getting minutes. If he really wants more, best solution would indeed be to loan him. Bravo is in his prime, can't just ignore that.

Home of Barca Fans