Claudio Bravo

God Serena

I'd rather talk about his first big save than the obvious fluke kicksave.

Bravo's reactions and diving are on another level. I would have expected Valdes to concede goals like that and would hardly even be upset.

serghei

Nah, what happened is that in these cases keepers try to cover as much of the goal as they can and hope the ball would hit them. You don't have time to make a save after the ball is hit because the player is obviously too close. So you stick a leg there, or an arm, and hope that the ball hits you. In this case, it did. Almost every close range save is based on this idea.

God Serena

I think it was a semi-flukesave. He was lucky that Griezmann shot in his general direction, but Bravo was about to move directions, but noticed and tried to leave his feet where they were.

He was completely diving in the opposite direction. He wasn't "about" to move directions, he was in full motion. His feet still being there to stop the ball was down to the shot being rushed and aimed directly at him.

El Flaco

Bravo's save from Saúl's shot

[gfy]HeartfeltAnnualDuck[/gfy]

Alternative Angle

[gfy]InbornWarpedGermanspitz[/gfy]

Horatio

You're welcome
He was completely diving in the opposite direction. He wasn't "about" to move directions, he was in full motion. His feet still being there to stop the ball was down to the shot being rushed and aimed directly at him.

That's what I meant with moving directions. He intended on having his body to the right of the goal more, but held back his jump. If he had 'completely' dived in the opposite direction he wouldn't have landed so close to where he was standing from.

[youtube]Nh5Go7ptQKE[/youtube]

Look at 0:16. Instead of pushing through to jump right-up he cancels it. He notices the trajectory of the ball is low and close to his body so holds back on going right and leaves his legs there.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Lucky in many ways, not the least of which is both Griezmann & Bravo barely getting a touch on the ball...Sometimes the difference between scoring and not comes down to millimeters

Alik

Maybe I am stating the obvious, but he has already surpassed Valdes at his best for us.

Bravo is insane, but I feel he will never be recognized as one of the goalkeeping greats.

God Serena

That's what I meant with moving directions. He intended on having his body to the right of the goal more, but held back his jump. If he had 'completely' dived in the opposite direction he wouldn't have landed so close to where he was standing from.

[youtube]Nh5Go7ptQKE[/youtube]

Look at 0:16. Instead of pushing through to jump right-up he cancels it. He notices the trajectory of the ball is low and close to his body so holds back on going right and leaves his legs there.

I see your point now. Yeah, he does start to pull out of it, when he sees the shot isn't going to be powered to the center of the goal. Initial analyses told me he pulled out after making contact so he could get back in case of a rebound shot.

Devils

Bravo is a super clutch player.

The two point blank saves he made in the clasico and today really shows just how reliable he is.

He's unbelievably good and a big game gk if I've ever seen one.

barcanuck

Maybe I am stating the obvious, but he has already surpassed Valdes at his best for us.

Bravo is insane, but I feel he will never be recognized as one of the goalkeeping greats.

VV best was at this level it's unfair to say bravo is above it because VV is part of the one and only Barca of 6 cups and Bravo hasn't even won the CL.

Trickykid

Bravo is unbelievable, no doubt, but better than prime VV? Not in my book.
Honestly, it seems people are now under rating VV because of the way he left the club and all that happened afterwards, which is a damn shame.

He's still the greatest ever keeper in blaugrana.

Home of Barca Fans