Claudio Bravo

Alik

Bravo is unbelievable, no doubt, but better than prime VV? Not in my book.
Honestly, it seems people are now under rating VV because of the way he left the club and all that happened afterwards, which is a damn shame.

He's still the greatest ever keeper in blaugrana.

Nah, I'm not bitter at all towards Valdes. Unlike some, I actually feel sorry for him.

serghei

Valdes was usually a good keeper, sometimes among the best in the world, in his best days. Bravo is a bit better though. Almost everytime since he came, for almost every goal he conceded, the other player had to be almost perfect, or he'd save it. Valdes never gave me that assurance tbh, that he would very often demand excellence to be beaten (like goals from rebounds, off the frames of the goal, close range-well placed shots, penalties or such situation in which a save is out of the ordinary). So for me, Bravo's level is higher Valdes', without actually having a better Barca career than Victor (that's kind of impossible, given how much Valdes has won with the team).

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Bravo is unbelievable, no doubt, but better than prime VV? Not in my book.
Honestly, it seems people are now under rating VV because of the way he left the club and all that happened afterwards, which is a damn shame.

He's still the greatest ever keeper in blaugrana.

Prime VV? lol ok

He had a good solid year on his last year of contract beside that he was pretty average goalkeeper. His strength was on taking one on one shots. from 2008 until 2012 I was screaming for his replacement. Critics used to call him Barca's weakest link during Guardiola era.

pls, don't even compare him to Bravo

Trickykid

Prime VV? lol ok

He had a good solid year on his last year of contract beside that he was pretty average goalkeeper. His strength was on taking one on one shots. from 2008 until 2012 I was screaming for his replacement. Critics used to call him Barca's weakest link during Guardiola era.

:lol:
Wow, son... Just wow.

raskolnikov

Prime VV? lol ok

He also stepped it up in a few finals. Valdes did good things every now and then and especially the last season before injuries but he was definitely the weakest link. For some reason a ot of people have completely forgotten this and act ike he was our Buffon, a key player like Xavi and Messi and dont accept any cricism.

Trickykid

He also stepped it up in a few finals. Valdes did good things every now and then and especially the last season before injuries but he was definitely the weakest link. For some reason a ot of people have completely forgotten this and act ike he was our Buffon, a key player like Xavi and Messi and dont accept any cricism.

Yeah, you're wrong.

raskolnikov

Wat?
Claiming that VV only did good things every now and that he was our weak link is just plain dumb. I don't have to be anyone number 1 fan to see that.

How come? if I could sum up Victor Valdes it would be this:
He started very bad, was given faith because he is Catalan and our keepers before that were terrible.
Turned it around greatly against Arsenal in the 06 final with several quality saves.
Became an above average goalkeeper who was carried by the team, stepped it up on occasions but also failed us several times ( think Ramires goal in cl semi's, ronaldo's calma goal for the deciding 2011/12 classico, costing us the supercopa with that Di Maria howler etc. etc.).
Then finally turned into an elite goalkeeper in 2012 got overconfident in his own abiltities and left us to cash in easily in monaco.

He was carried a lot by the team resulting in those Zamora awards he won, for example nobody ever considered him better than pre mourinho Casillas.
In a similIr fashion Pique was carried by Barca as well for years, he was subpar between 2011/14 and any other player would be sold but since he was Catalan he could stay and redeemed himself last year. Yet afterards there will be people here claiming Pique was one of the best defenders in the world and the best barca defender in history like you are doing with Valdes.

Completely nostalgic trough blaugrana tinted glasses. Still, I'm gratefull for everything Valdes contributed to the club and wish him well at Standard Liege.
Very happy with Bravo though to stay on topic, he saved us bigtime yesterday.

Trickykid

How come? if I could sum up Victor Valdes it would be this:
He started very bad, was given faith because he is Catalan and our keepers before that were terrible.
Turned it around greatly against Arsenal in the 06 final with several quality saves.
Became an above average goalkeeper who was carried by the team, stepped it up on occasions but also failed us several times ( think Ramires goal in cl semi's, ronaldo's calma goal for the deciding 2011/12 classico, costing us the supercopa with that Di Maria howler etc. etc.).
Then finally turned into an elite goalkeeper in 2012 got overconfident in his own abiltities and left us to cash in easily in monaco.

He was carried a lot by the team resulting in those Zamora awards he won, for example nobody ever considered him better than pre mourinho Casillas.
In a similIr fashion Pique was carried by Barca as well for years, he was subpar between 2011/14 and any other player would be sold but since he was Catalan he could stay and redeemed himself last year. Yet afterards there will be people here claiming Pique was one of the best defenders in the world and the best barca defender in history like you are doing with Valdes.

Completely nostalgic trough blaugrana tinted glasses. Still, I'm gratefull for everything Valdes contributed to the club and wish him well at Standard Liege.
Very happy with Bravo though to stay on topic, he saved us bigtime yesterday.

Because it's not true.
It seems like you have this notion that top keepers don't make mistakes ever. Buffon, Casillas, Neuer etc all makes mistakes, just like VV did in Barça. Sure, his early years weren't good by any stretch of the imagination, but his latter were, which is enough to make him the best Barça keeper in the history of the club.

Don't even get me started about this nonsense with him and Piqué being carried by the team. Both players were(are) integral cogs in the team. Just about every player out there has ups and downs in their careers.

Funny thing is, you try to belittle my opinion by calling me his number 1 fan, only to claim that he got overconfident in his ability and left for money in Monaco. It plainly shows how colored your opinion of him is.

Kuchi

Valdes was usually a good keeper, sometimes among the best in the world, in his best days. Bravo is a bit better though. Almost everytime since he came, for almost every goal he conceded, the other player had to be almost perfect, or he'd save it. Valdes never gave me that assurance tbh, that he would very often demand excellence to be beaten (like goals from rebounds, off the frames of the goal, close range-well placed shots, penalties or such situation in which a save is out of the ordinary). So for me, Bravo's level is higher Valdes', without actually having a better Barca career than Victor (that's kind of impossible, given how much Valdes has won with the team).

This!

Horatio

You're welcome
Definitely better than Valdes.

I was squeezing my buttocks everytime he had to step in.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans