Claudio Bravo

mark1nhu

Both Valdes and Bravo benefited themselves of the way Barça play.

But I really trust Bravo more than Valdes when our opponent manages to change our style and mess with our tatics.

Trickykid

But I really trust Bravo more than Valdes when our opponent manages to change our style and mess with our tatics.

How do you figure that? I'm pretty sure that if you ask any pro goalie out there, they'd tell you it's a much easier job being a keeper for a club that faces a great deal of shots. That way you're constantly warm and in your toes. I doubt there has been many top keepers out there who have faced such a high percentage of counter attacks as VV did. Couple that with the low amount of actual shots he'd face each game, and you have one hell of a tough task ahead of you.

footyfan

Calma, calma
How do you figure that? I'm pretty sure that if you ask any pro goalie out there, they'd tell you it's a much easier job being a keeper for a club that faces a great deal of shots. That way you're constantly warm and in your toes. I doubt there has been many top keepers out there who have faced such a high percentage of counter attacks as VV did. Couple that with the low amount of actual shots he'd face each game, and you have one hell of a tough task ahead of you.

I don't think the profile of shots Bravo faces is dissimilar. In Barca's best defensive season (2010/11), Valdes faced 7.5 shots per game. Last season, Bravo faced 8 shots per game. I don't have stats for how many shots are from counter-attacks.

To be honest, I thought Valdes was slightly overrated when he was here because he could distribute from the back. As if that wasn't something that could be developed. Bravo, for instance, has more than satisfactory distribution (it has been a bit poor in the last couple of games only). MAtS is even better than Valdes. Valdes was shaky on set pieces and crosses into the box but was quite good 1v1. Bravo is a bit more balanced in that regard.

I think both MAtS and Bravo are at Valdes' level.

God Serena

I wouldn't say Mats is at Victor's level. I do however think Bravo is playing better now than Valdes was. His consistency reminds me of Victor's final season here, where he was almost unbeatable.

mark1nhu

Less shots, less risks, less chances to conced goals.

I really don't understand how you came to the conclusion that keepers prefer to receive more shots just "to be warm".

So they want to receive shots to be warm for shots they would not receive if his team played in our way?

Completely illogical.

Especially because they CAN keep warming up while the game is running (and every keeper does that).

Every keeper wants to face the least possible amount of shots and Barça keepers are lucky motherfuckers for having that (especially when clean sheet time is brought up to the table).

God Serena

Less shots, less risks, less chances to conced goals.

I really don't understand how you came to the conclusion that keepers prefer to receive more shots just "to be warm".

So they want to receive shots to be warm for shots they would not receive if his team played in our way?

Completely illogical.

Especially because they CAN keep warming up while the game is running (and every keeper does that).

Every keeper wants to face the least possible amount of shots and Barça keepers are lucky motherfuckers for having that (especially when clean sheet time is brought up to the table).

No, no. There's a difference between normal shots and the "OH MY FUCKING GOD DEFENSE!" kind of shots we often find ourselves facing. I'm a goalkeeper, I prefer to take shots instead of standing around all day waiting for that one stupidly difficult shot that will drop the team's morale.

There's nothing illogical about that. If keepers truly valued being able to just sit around all day without doing anything we'd probably have a lot less great goalkeepers in history than the ones we have now.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
CaEj9e4XEAAkzNA.jpg

raskolnikov

I wouldn't say Mats is at Victor's level. I do however think Bravo is playing better now than Valdes was. His consistency reminds me of Victor's final season here, where he was almost unbeatable.

Mats is definitely at Valdes' level, he is very similair. Especially beginning of the season.
Bravo is better at the moment.

Kuchi

it's fake, i'd bet my left shoe he can't do in outside Photoshop :))

The post seems a bit to low, not saying 100% impossible, but something is a bit fishy...

LE : Lol it's actually on the official site, so... Air Bravo?

Last edited:

Observer

Banned

Double-edge sword imho.

Yes, you have a very solid team that likes & wants possession all the time. With that focus is harder to get attacked but that approach carries an intrinsic risk given the GK role to keep the ball movin'. It's a feature that you wouldnt ask for a GK 10 years ago, a feature that many old school & modern GKs dont have or rather dont want to get involved with. Also, the few chances that get created against you, you gotta be on your toes & your team style is prone to counters.

Pep team changed that & that's why VV is so important. Bravo might be a better shot stopper & Mats a better ball distributor, but lets not trash on the man plz.

Home of Barca Fans