Claudio Bravo

serghei

:lol: Bravo would have to play at this level for about another decade at least, in order to be compared to Buffon. Time has run out for him in that regard, a long time ago. Should still be happy that he made it from a keeper that few people on this forum rated, to one of the very best in the world in about a year and a half.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Never been negative to Bravo's signing as Mandrake suggested, can see that from my posts history in this thread.

He did however surprise me big time by doing so great, but I don't think he's particularly superior to tS.

Just thought his point was illogical since we won three trophies with ter Stegen as our starter and just go through his forum history. He only posts in two threads. This one and the ter Stegen one. Go figure why.

As for Buffon then he's perhaps the best GK in history, or at les right up there with the very best. Bravo's time has passed for that, BUT he still can and I think will end up as a Barça goalkeeping legend.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Not exactly a pre assist, it went to an Eibar player, but Roberto made a pass of it before it bounced.

But yes, his distribution was great. Much improved over what we're used to.

What we are used to? His distribution has been great 90% of the time, and not the far off of the young German.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't take notice of him. He's a Stegen fanboy and thinks Bravo should be second keeper just because he's older.

serghei

He did however surprise me big time by doing so great, but I don't think he's particularly superior to tS.

You don't think he is more consistent, knows the league better, communicates better with his teammates and is more experienced?

F

Flavia

You don't think he is more consistent, knows the league better, communicates better with his teammates and is more experienced?

Bravo is obviously more experienced, he's older. No way to talk about consistency though, as mats isn't playing every week for a season and a half now. But he was consistent with gladbach. I don't think communication is a problem with the german anymore either, his Spanish sounds pretty good.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Easier to be consistent with consistent playing time. I think that's a pretty fair argument.

Obviously knows the league better and is more experienced, but that doesn't mean he's better ability wise. See Oblak. That's not to say Bravo isn't marginally better, but that's it. Marginal difference, not as big as its sometimes made out to be.

You'd think we'd lose the league by a dozen points if ter Stegen plays judging by some of the comments here sometimes.

Last edited:

mark1nhu

Been taking lessons from cristiano? :thinking:

469358126-barcelona-line-up-prior-to-start-the-la-liga-gettyimages.jpg

images.php

Cc4rK-iWwAEzVZu.jpg

Serious question: is there some kind of formation rule to the team picture? Messi-Alves-Neymar/Munir-Suarez are always in the same position... :lol:

Home of Barca Fans