Claudio Bravo

Alik

And what are we going to do when ter Stegen asks to leave ? Let him go to keep a 33yo GK with a maximum of 2 years at high level ahead ?
Ask yourself what would have been last season if Lucho didn't bring Bravo ... exactly the same. A keeper who is a starter against City, PSG, Bayern and Juve could have definitely been good enough against the likes of Levante and Granada. And I'd say MATS would have been even better playing a lot more games.

Why are you so sure that Ter Stegen will leave?

We have no idea what the plans are for next season.

Jefecito

Good thing you're not in charge of hiring GKs at Barça then, because he's done pretty well since he arrived. And I guess he didnt become a good GK overnight. His career peaked in the last couple of years and Barça had been following him since 2010.

You can't read can you ?
He's a good GK, but as you say his career peaked during WC14 and the 2 following seasons at Barcelona.
Before that, he was nowhere near the top GKs status, him winning the Chilean or the South African League in 200x doesn't mean anything.
That's the only part we disagree on.

Mandrake

You can't read can you ?
He's a good GK, but as you say his career peaked during WC14 and the 2 following seasons at Barcelona.
Before that, he was nowhere near the top GKs status, him winning the Chilean or the South African League in 200x doesn't mean anything.
That's the only part we disagree on.

You're right, I'm sorry. Him starting in Real Sociedad for 8 years means nothing, as well as playing 2 WC and winning Copa América. He made an incredible mistake once on a Ronaldo free kick.

Jefecito

You're right, I'm sorry. Him starting in Real Sociedad for 8 years means nothing, as well as playing 2 WC and winning Copa América. He made an incredible mistake once on a Ronaldo free kick.

OMG.
I'm sure Ochoa or even Tim Howard played as much WC. Bravo won Copa America after he signed for Barcelona. Starter for Real Sociedad = being a top GK. :facepalm:

Mandrake

OMG.
I'm sure Ochoa or even Tim Howard played as much WC. Bravo won Copa America after he signed for Barcelona. Starter for Real Sociedad = being a top GK. :facepalm:

OK. Who determines who is a top GK? Is top GK top 5? Top 10? Playing for a top club? Are Mignolet or Ospina top keepers because they play at top clubs and not at Real Sociedad?

Those of us who have followed Bravo in Colo Colo, NT and Real Sociedad have always known he's a top GK. I think thats why Barça paid so much. At Barça he's peaked, but he's always been a beast. And a Ronaldo free kick doesnt change that.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
OK. Who determines who is a top GK? Is top GK top 5? Top 10? Playing for a top club? Are Mignolet or Ospina top keepers because they play at top clubs and not at Real Sociedad?

Those of us who have followed Bravo in Colo Colo, NT and Real Sociedad have always known he's a top GK. I think thats why Barça paid so much. At Barça he's peaked, but he's always been a beast. And a Ronaldo free kick doesnt change that.

What top clubs do they play at?? The undisputed 4th place champions Arsenal and Liverpool?

utility73

Had one moment were I was not sure why he stayed frozen on the line otherwise excellent match.
Deportivo actually had quite a lot of good chances and Bravo did very well.

BarçaBarça

Any updates on his injury?

Nothing official yet, but most papers guess that he is out of the next game, but could be back for the last one.
If he is out against Espanyol, it would be interesting to see if Lucho plays him our Ter Stegen against Granada, before the cup final :thinking:

Edit: It is confirmed that it is a calf injury, btw, but not for how long he will be out.

God Serena

Nothing official yet, but most papers guess that he is out of the next game, but could be back for the last one.
If he is out against Espanyol, it would be interesting to see if Lucho plays him our Ter Stegen against Granada, before the cup final :thinking:

Edit: It is confirmed that it is a calf injury, btw, but not for how long he will be out.

I could have guessed it was a calf injury based on how he was grabbing his calf before he came off.

"Real Madrid doctors have confirmed that Iker Casillas has injured his hand. More news later."

Home of Barca Fans