Claudio Bravo

blaugrana1987

I would sell him in a heartbeat. No need for 2 great GKs and getting 20+ mil for Bravo who is 10 yrs older then Mats is damn good deal.

I still believe that having one GK in all competition is better not only for GKs form but for satiafaction with his place in a team.

Both of our GK want to play more which is impossible if we dont sell.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Who should barca go as a replacement then? Selling him is a bad idea. That too just for 20M, if it was 30M then we could probably sell him. But then also finding a replacement is really hard.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Living in a fantasy world if you think a 33 year old goalkeeper we bought for 12 million euros would go for 30 million pounds.

What I am implying is that either they pay a ridiculous sum for him or fuck off as he's not for sale

God Serena

Who should barca go as a replacement then? Selling him is a bad idea. That too just for 20M, if it was 30M then we could probably sell him. But then also finding a replacement is really hard.

We don't need to replace him, really. Having two world class goalkeepers simply isn't necessary.

xXKonan

Fernando Polo (MD) reported the club won't sell Bravo or Ter Stegen, but he did say if Bravo did want to go and if City gave us a good bid he will be on his way.

Ter Stegen on the other hand Barca, won't sell him at all.

I'm seriously beating the Dead horse here reporting "New reports" it's basically the same crap over and over again.

Messi983

Three things to consider here.

First, although rumours are saying that MAtS will be our #1 GK next season I'm still not convinced if Lucho and Unzue will really make that decision. MAtS willl probably also miss first week or two of preseason because he was with Germany. Yes, he didn't play in Euro but he has right to rest for 4 weeks like all other players during the summer but maybe he'll shorten his vacations to come back earlier (I actually expect him to do that but you never know). Anyway, Bravo starting preseason later due to Copa America didn't influenced Lucho's decision last season but we'll see what will happen this year.

Second, if Lucho decides to make MAts our #1GK for La Liga matches, will he completely reverse goalkeeping roles so that Bravo will play in CL? I think he'd probably accept that because he'd have a chance to win CL (on the pitch, not just watching from the bench). But if MAts will play in La Liga and CL and Bravo only in CDR, then I could see him having problems to accept that and looking for transfer to another club.

Third, in case Bravo decides to leave we should look at net profit of his sale. Those rumoured prices of around 18-20M seems fair to me because of his age and this is the last chance for us to sell him for that high price. Next summer he'll be a year older with a year less on his contract and most likely relegated to #2 GK role which will all influence his price. But again, those are just rumours. We don't know what offers (if any) did the club and Bravo really get.

So if we sell him (on his wish, as I don't expect we'll sell him if Bravo accepts his new role) we should look at what his possible replacement will cost. If we can sell him for a net profit of around 10-15M (what we'll get for Bravo minus what we'll have to pay for his replacement) I think we should do that. If it's for anything less I think it's more worth for us to keep Bravo for another season or two as a great backup in case anything happens to MAtS. That's unless the club thinks Masip can be trusted as our second GK. I don't and most people here will probably agree with that. Maybe we are unfair to him and he'd be great if given a chance but I'd rather not risk to see that. And based on rumours Lucho who has seen him on training every day for the past two seasons thinks the same.

I don't think Napoli will sell Reina cheaply as he's still their #1 GK, so Diego Alves could probably be the best available option as Valencia is apparently ready to sell him. If we can get him for around 5M and sell Bravo for 20M I'd do it. But it's unlikely.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I've grown quite fond of our goalkeeping duo. Hope we'll see them together for a while.

And I agree, if either is sold, the sum should be quite massive. A new good gk won't be cheap.

Egert

Estonian Culé

Rumors say IF Bravo leaves then we will buy Pepe Reina. I think he would happily return to his home club and play Copa del Rey.

George_Costanza

I've grown quite fond of our goalkeeping duo. Hope we'll see them together for a while.

And I agree, if either is sold, the sum should be quite massive. A new good gk won't be cheap.

We will only need a backup keeper not WC keeper since we can't make two equally good goal keepers happy.

Bravo is 33, would cash on him now while many clubs are interested. If he plays much less games next season then his value will be much less.

RMU ReBorn

I admire him a lot , but his save in Copa America final will always be a scare in my mind forever :( why man , u already won a Copa ( I know it's stupid to say that but can't get over it )

Howes

Having two world class goalkeepers isn't productive. MATS is the future.
Manchester City are close to signing Geronimo Rulli.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans