Claudio Bravo

God Serena

For 18m. they can have one of his gloves and maybe a leg. They're City. Every transfer from Barca to City has to start from 25m.

Unless they want to buy Douglas. :D In this case, we'll give 'em a 20% discount and sell him for 20, as a personal favour for Pep.

So City can win the treble? No thanks.

30m+ for Douglas, no exceptions.

God Serena

Living in a fantasy world if you think a 33 year old goalkeeper we bought for 12 million euros would go for 30 million pounds.

Yeah, any comparisons to De Gea completely disregard the other factors that would lead him to be as highly prized.

And Bravo hasn't actually been very good at all in 2016. =x

F

Flavia

If Bravo pushes for a move, which I doubt, it wouldn't be more than 15m. Maybe the same 12m we got him for.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
English media gonna hunt him.

Not easy to adapt to a new league at his age. If he's wise, he'll stay.

khaled_a_d

English media gonna hunt him.

Not easy to adapt to a new league at his age. If he's wise, he'll stay.

Don't think a GK would struggle that much in a new league tbf.

no way anything less than 30m pounds is BS and they can fuck off

Cech has moved to a city rival in the most overpriced league for £10M.that is around 12M Euros.was same age as Bravo too and many would consider him the better GK.at least he has a bigger legacy
15M and above for a GK of his caliper and age is fair price.That said it shouldn't happen.for me he is still the best GK we have and one of the top GK in the world and unless he push for a transfer he is worth keepng

DonAK

Courtois, DDG, Stekelenburg, Caballero all struggled initially. So it suggests GKs do struggle, perhaps more so than players in other positions.

And like the latter, Bravo doesn't have his age on his side.

And he's lately starting to show signs of a possible decline too

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Courtois, DDG, Stekelenburg, Caballero all struggled initially. So it suggests GKs do struggle, perhaps more so than players in other positions.

And like the latter, Bravo doesn't have his age on his side.

The last 2 wasn't a WC Gk tbh,didn't follow their career that much to comment on their struggle
DDG struggled but he was 21 playing in one of the top 5 teams in the world back then and the pressure got into him. Courtois was really good when moved to both ATM & Chelsea .not sure I would say he struggled at either of them.
Bravo would fit like a glove with Pep system.And he is a high character guy who doesn't crack under pressure.

barcanuck

It's not just age, it's lifestyle and family life. With a new born daughter who had some issues I don't see him packing up and moving his family when they know what to expect from Spanish life style.

DonAK

The last 2 wasn't a WC Gk tbh,didn't follow their career that much to comment on their struggle
DDG struggled but he was 21 playing in one of the top 5 teams in the world back then and the pressure got into him. Courtois was really good when moved to both ATM & Chelsea .not sure I would say he struggled at either of them.
Bravo would fit like a glove with Pep system.And he is a high character guy who doesn't crack under pressure.

Until 2013, Caballero was rated higher than Bravo. Ahead of him along with Navas when it came to LL GKs, behind Valdes and Casillas/Diego Lopez briefly.

Courtois struggled in his first few months at Atletico. He wasn't incredible ever since he set foot in Madrid, just like Oblak. It's a misconception to think he didn't set a foot wrong. These days people are way too obsessed with a player's glory moments while forgetting their struggles and bad moments.

Just like most people seem to have forgotten Oblak's struggles in his first 6 months.

Sure Bravo is far more experienced, but Spain to England is still a big change at this stage of his career, especially when he's going to topple the English NT GK and media's darling, Joe Hart.
[MENTION=13160]barcanuck[/MENTION] makes a good point too.

If he's smart then he'll settle for what he'll get here, even if it is the Cups which is the likely outcome without potentially losing one GK.

Last edited:

barcanuck

That's the dilemma we have, if one of the two goalies were to leave it would be Mats as he is young and can play in all competitions at City with Pep speaking German to him. Obviously, if we had to lose one it should be Bravo but I don't see it.

Let's hope both stay here for as long as possible!

Vamos Bravo - Hail Stegen.

Home of Barca Fans