Claudio Bravo

F

Flavia

There's also the possibility the roles were going to be reversed, and Bravo didn't like it. He'd play less, after all. So he decided to leave.

CuleLife4Life

I'm a little iffy on Mats being our fulltime starter but I think this was the right decision. We can't let a player like him walk away for an older player like Bravo.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This was going always going to happen guys.

The fact that this lasted two years is a big success. None of these guys would've been happy for another year with the same set-up. Both wanted more, like any ambitious goalkeeper would do.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yes that makes sense. :rolleyes: he's so overrated that's why Klopp and Pep wanted him all summer? How many teams were after Bravo before City became desperate?

Excellent post.... cookies for you!

Good-For-You-Cookies-2.jpg

I hope the board makes good use of the fact that they are desperate though

Last edited:

amircule

I don't get the MATS hate. He clearly needs playing time and he will commit a lot of mistakes but that won't mean shit in the long run. Remember De gea's first seasons and look at him now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't get the MATS hate. He clearly needs playing time and he will commit a lot of mistakes but that won't mean shit in the long run. Remember De gea's first seasons and look at him now.

Forget De Gea. Just look at Oblak before he started playing regularly or heck even Keylor Navas for that matter.

Though I guess MAtS playing more will result in him getting worse. Perhaps wrap him up in bubble wrap and unwrap him when he's 35 and he's "ready".

mark1nhu

i have never seen anything like that before .. a big club all of a sudden sell its starter keeper lol usually it's because of a very old age "and,or" performances , neither is the case here .. the club is straight gambling on Mats

First of all, there was never such a thing like "starter keeper" in our past two years with Bravo and Mats.

No club uses a "sub keeper" by own choice in the single most important tournament of the world, the UCL.

Second, if we consider Mats a gamble (which is laughable, accordingly to the first point), then the gamble was took on the treble year and it totally paid off, because he proved himself there.

I love Bravo but he is 34 and some crazy club is willing to pay a huge money for him while we keep a similar keeper (marginally better in some aspects, marginally worse in others) for the next ten years.

It's a no-brainer, if you leave emotions behind.

F

Flavia

The first Liga game is this Saturday against Real Betis at home, I am sure Ter Stegen will not be fit enough to play, right?

There's Masip. Also Diego Alves could be here too. But there's rumors Bravo would stay to play that game. It's not even set in stone he's leaving yet.

Chainsaw

Killahead

Many don't get the Bravo hate either. Solution to all: "Make love, not hate."

Wick

Mats is unpredictable..

Good job responding to the points I made. How about constructing a proper argument as answer instead of throwing unsubstatiated claims around? That's usually how you debate.

And no, MAtS isn't any more unpresictable than other goalkeepers. In fact, based on his matches here he's very reliable. Has he made some mistakes? Yes. Has Bravo made some mistakes? Yes. In fact, Bravo made the first biggest mistake against Napoli when he first got here, after which ter Stegen got injured, and Lucho had to go with Bravo. Not saying that's a reason to bench a player, but when the same thing happened to MAtS, the reaction were very different, MAtS fucked up against Athletic club in the Super Cup last season, and it was blown out of proportions with people claiming than no way should he start over Bravo, despite the German having had some amazing matches in the season before. Every one of his mistakes gets amplified, which is ridiculous. Yes, it was a friendly Bravo made his first screw up in, while MAtS made it in matches of bigger importance, but the mistakes were there - no matter the context. Now, Bravo played so good, so even though he made that huge blunder early on and seemed shaky, Lucho went with him. But MAtS also played good despite his mistakes. Both makes mistakes, and both saves our asses. MAtS is younger with potential to grow. The choice is obvious.

Total-Football

the rational choice ( provided that the coach opted for Stegen ) is to keep both keepers ( if the price is Under 15 M ) .. don't care if someone is happy or not .. i'm sure they were very happy when they first signed a contract that secured their futur financially .. what if we sell Bravo and Stegen gets injured .. we will become a laughing stock

Richard.H

It amazes me how much this forum dislikes Bravo. He was nearly flawless in goal for 2 seasons, won the pichichi, what more could you ask from a keeper?

I wish him nothing but the best at City. I wish their fans have more respect for him than Barca fans.

Home of Barca Fans