Claudio Bravo

FC B

Bravo made two consecutive blunders, first the pass to Suarez and then the save with his hand outside the square:facepalm:

If the first is somewhat undestrandable and relatively frequent to most keepers the second one has no excuse whatsoever. I didn't suspected him being capable of such shit
Should have let the Suarez shot pass by since probably the defender would have prevented the goal. Playing a man down so early in the game is a greater disatvantage at Camp Nou than just being another goal down..

Last edited:

Messi983

Kind of feel bad for him, this was an important moment for him, coming back as an adversary on Camp Nou and to finish the night like he did, poor guy. Guess shit happens and all the pressure on him will not help him.

Either way, it's Pep problem now, heck even Willy stole his moment of glory, saving another pathetic Neymar penalty attempt.

Hope he bounces back in EPL and silences the critics

Agree.

I was happy that his mistake help us win the game but I like and respect Bravo too much to make fun out of him or wish him bad. Hopefully he'll be in great form if City will play against RM this season. They probably won't though as we all know that RM will draw the easiest possible opponents until semi-final and right now I don't see City coming that far. Of course a lot can still happen between now and April...

Terrible mistake, unfortunately these things happen when you play this role in football.

Still believe we should have kept him for one more season to rotate with Ter Stegen. Right no both keepers are having awful seasons.

We'd done that if it were possible. It wasn't because both wanted to play more than they did.

PhilS

OK, at the wrong time, Bravo just got confused about what team he was on. After that, the hand ball was probably his best alternative.

BarçaBarça

I wish him nothing bad, but Bravos other-worldly mistake-resistance, which has been hold against Ter Stegen hopefully can be put to rest now.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Bravo totally pulled a ter Stegen, hahaha...

Anyway, it's stupid to try to justify a point of view when it all comes down to who made the mistake this week... This debate is boring, they're both great keepers, both take risks and both make mistakes, the only difference is that only one of them plays for us now, so I don't really get the drama...

I'd chose Bravo over ter Stegen if I had to chose, though... :xavi:

barcanuck

lionel-messi-of-fc-barcelona-shoots-the-ball-past-goalkeeper-claudio-picture-id615656732

Quote Mr. Bravo on this play.

El Flaco

Bravo's conceded goal from Nathan Redmond vs. Southampton

[gfy]CheapTenseGlowworm[/gfy]

[gfy]SkinnyCarefulArcherfish[/gfy]

[gfy]MinorCriminalFallowdeer[/gfy]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
How he did at Sociedad or does with City is irrelevant.
He was world-class keeper for Barca and that's all that matters to us.

Mandrake

HUGE game from Claudio Bravo in Colombia. 2 extraordinary saves. If it wasn't for him, Chile would have definitely lost. Big point for the NT in very tight southamerican WC qualifiers. MOTM according to the media.

Regarding the Barca City game, which I wasn't able to comment, big mistake from Claudio. Probably biggest in his career. Lucky for him it was in a group stage match, against Barcelona and away. Not many teams get out of Camp Nou without losing and City were already down. Even if Bravo didn't see the red card they most probably would have lost anyway. Unlike MATS against Celta, where he was directly responsible for Barca's defeat in a match that the team should have at least gotten a point.

Funny some people who probably didn't even see him play go around saying Bravo was bad at Real Sociedad. He was phenomenal. One of the reasons why Barca paid that insane amount of money for a 31 yo GK was that they could see he was a quality player.

Also, he was the MOTM against Madrid in the 4-0. Incredible that Barca has some very ungrateful fans.

mark1nhu

Regarding the Barca City game, which I wasn't able to comment, big mistake from Claudio. Probably biggest in his career. Lucky for him it was in a group stage match, against Barcelona and away. Not many teams get out of Camp Nou without losing and City were already down. Even if Bravo didn't see the red card they most probably would have lost anyway. Unlike MATS against Celta, where he was directly responsible for Barca's defeat in a match that the team should have at least gotten a point.

You don't even try to hide, uh?

City was playing very well in that game and most Barça fans were really tense with that, then Bravo let the team down, forcing them to play half the match with 10 players, which allowed us to "humiliate" them (sometime no one was expecting before his red card).

Against Celta, we were "humiliated" in the first half and then Mats fucked up in the last 10-15 minutes (IIRC) of the match, when the comeback could or could not be achieved (no one can say certainly).

So, one of them forced the team to be humiliated and the other denied his team a CHANCE to comeback from a humiliation.

But somehow you still were able to completely mislead that.

Incredible that Barca has some very ungrateful fans.

You seem to forget that we are Barça fans and not Bravo fans for an unbelievable amount of times.

We don't owe anything to Bravo. He was very well paid to serve us and also got an amazing pump in his career, very well deserved (I must say).

Other than that, we should be grateful for Barça institution alone and not for players that honestly don't even are "legends".

If someone wants to bad-mouth Bravo, especially for his moments without Barça shirt, then be it.

He is not Pedro, Xavi, Guardiola, etc. He is a former keeper that now plays for City and bad-mouthing him should only offend his personal fans, not Barça fans.

Mandrake

You don't even try to hide, uh?

City was playing very well in that game and most Barça fans were really tense with that, then Bravo let the team down, forcing them to play half the match with 10 players, which allowed us to "humiliate" them (sometime no one was expecting before his red card).

Against Celta, we were "humiliated" in the first half and then Mats fucked up in the last 10-15 minutes (IIRC) of the match, when the comeback could or could not be achieved (no one can say certainly).

So, one of them forced the team to be humiliated and the other denied his team a CHANCE to comeback from a humiliation.

But somehow you still were able to completely mislead that.

You seem to forget that we are Barça fans and not Bravo fans for an unbelievable amount of times.

We don't owe anything to Bravo. He was very well paid to serve us and also got an amazing pump in his career, very well deserved (I must say).

Other than that, we should be grateful for Barça institution alone and not for players that honestly don't even are "legends".

If someone wants to bad-mouth Bravo, especially for his moments without Barça shirt, then be it.

He is not Pedro, Xavi, Guardiola, etc. He is a former keeper that now plays for City and bad-mouthing him should only offend his personal fans, not Barça fans.

Well I beleive some of the people who call themselves Barca fans are not really Barca fans. They're MATS fans. If they were Barca fans, they wouldnt have supported Bravo leaving or wouldnt have been constantly asking for MATS to be number one, since during his time at Barca he outperformed the german.

In your opinion, what is more likely: City losing against Barca at Camp Nou or Barca losing against Celta de Vigo?

And is it worse to lose against Barca away in the group stage of CL when you're probably going to go through second or losing against Celta da Vigo in La League 3 points which you can't get back?

Home of Barca Fans