Clément Lenglet (loaned to Atletico)

Bobo32

Koeman: "Lenglet has no physical problems, it was my decision to play Mingueza and Umtiti tonight"
Tough for Lenglet.
Umtiti was beaten for 1-0 and very much responsible for 2-0 as well, but apart from that I think he had a good game? (Did not have a magnifying glass on him myself)

I think it's an error to always look too closely at who was at fault for the goals, Sevilla had more chances they could've scored, where other players made mistakes.
Umtiti has been a bit unlucky these last two games, but the team as a whole is underperforming, that is the bigger point. Lenglet has been very much useless lately, worse on the ball than Umtiti.

Joan

You overrate the importance of players being good on the ball. I also hoped Umtiti could be decent for us and help us play from the back. But his blunders overshadow it. Comical stuff, worse than Lenglet. And that's hard this season.

Lenglet is good on the ball too, by the way. Bellow Umtiti, but good..

Bobo32

You overrate the importance of players being good on the ball. I also hoped Umtiti could be decent for us and help us play from the back. But his blunders overshadow it. Comical stuff, worse than Lenglet. And that's hard this season.

Lenglet is good on the ball too, by the way. Bellow Umtiti, but good..
I think they are both a bit subpar on the ball, in ther decisions, for Barcelona. I never had very high hopes for Umtiti, but don't think we should be too hard on him now.
I think the first criteria for a Barcelona CB should be that they are good on the ball. After that they should look for speed, 1v1, and concentration. But with the current way of playing everything changes, obviously.

My point there though was that 4 mistakes can happen, surely Mingueza could've been the one caught out by 4 mistakes in the same games, were the opponents to capitalize there instead.

Sorin

We're abysmal in defence and we need Lenglet just to make up the numbers but starting next year I don't want to see this second rate footballer ever put on our shirt. Relegation level player.

Home of Barca Fans